Author Topic: The game play lately sucks!  (Read 19383 times)

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: The game play lately sucks!
« Reply #240 on: April 26, 2015, 11:03:17 PM »
Player: Kill him, shoot his brains out!!!
<ok daddy>

Player: Kill him, <f expletive>
<booo hoooo, he said a bad woooooord>

See the irony here?
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #241 on: April 26, 2015, 11:34:56 PM »
How many players who complain about vox and chan 200 utilize .report often?

Less complaining. More reporting.

Said "f bombers" over the last seven years?   Multiple .reports, with screenshots/videos.   Zip, Zilch, Nada and the silent majority endorses it with silence.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #242 on: April 26, 2015, 11:35:35 PM »
This is not accurate. 200 all ways existed as a cross country channel just like all 2xx channels.

After channel 1 was closed a player had the bright idea of getting everyone to tune 200 for old channel 1 text traffic there by skirting our idea of closing the general chat channel. We had no way of preventing this use other then to close all cross country traffic (I still consider this at times). Later we changed 200's color after it had already become the general chat.

HiTech

With all due respect. And I am certainly not tryingto get into a pzzing match with you but
That is not exactly the way I remember 200 comming into being

I point to this thread as at least partial evidence which in part went like this
My argument was pretty much the same then as it is now. I still wouldnt mind being able to turn text off completely
My responce to a post made by "Mugzeee "

Only thing is its probably a pretty safe bet that the majority of players couldnt care less about whats typed on channel 1 and by placing the "shoe on the other foot" and making again what probably is the majority of players type out the squelch command. Is simply wetursing the few that complain about it.

Like I said before. I rarely pay any attention to the text buffer at all and wouldnt mind if it went away completely. I'd actually like a way to turn the whole thing off as it very presence I find annoying.
But I think a better and more fair approach all the way around would be to have a way to either turn Chan 1 on or off individually in the same way you would set the stall limiter or tracers.
Then like those things.Those that want it can have it. those that do not, dont have to

It also followed along the lines of

To those who think this is a knee jerk reaction. It's not, I wrote the stuff to disable channel 1 on april 13.

We had been planing on disabling channel 1 over the last year. Had AHII not frozen AHI code it would have been implemented in AHI some time ago.

To those who think we do not understand communication in online games, we do. It's was not a simple choice to disable channel 1, Pyro and I have playing online for close to 15 years, we well understand the chat roll/fun of channel 1.

As AH has evolved and grown some problems have changed the game dynamics. When we had 300 people in an arena the world was small enof where peer pressure and us getting involved could keep the down side of channel 1 in check. Now with 700 online, people start to feel anonymous and feel they have rights to abuse things.

2. The volumn of trafic has changed and starts to become overwhellming. Anyone rember when I removed kill messages and changed them to end of sortie only? This was also to dimisish text trafic.

So the sky is not falling, We just decided the the detriments of channel 1 outwighed the advantages.

1 thing we might implement is a .s GameId command, this would then brodcast <S> GameId over channel 1 even with it disabled.

HiTech

Thank you hitech for your very cordial and proffesional response.

I do not agree or like the fact that it looks like there will not be code written to allow channel 1 to be turned on or off at each players discretion in order to keep all players in the game satisfied one way or the other however I for one will not keep beating this horse or offering suggestions that have already been mentioned. I believe that after all that has been written by everyone on this post, there is really nothing left to say.

The ball is in your court......in fact it is your ball :D

Please continue to give some thought to what so many are requesting. The .s command seems ok but really will not resolve the communication factor loss.

Again, Thank you for your courteous and proffesional response to our concerns. FBRaptor

Raptor the point is by tunning 200 it can still be the global chat channel. Changing 200's color I am cosidering but the big difference is you have to make a very small effort to tune to 200.

Funny no one even considered that voice is also be live on channel 200?

HiTech
It then went along the lines of
Found CH 1 turned on again , and this morning Kev and others were able to help me and we did testing and compared results over CH 1 , ..... this testing went on for almost an hour and , the result was.... that I was able to make continual  HO pass's thru dog fights that were being fought by the Knights and Bish players

"flying as a Rook " and was able  to see and test results of video card in game settings . No one from either side fired a shot at my Tempest !!! . because I was able to ask for and get help from both sides . in the AH 2 arena .  only jab I got on CH 1 was " who is in The spac ship pilot in  Tempest ? must be a ROOK ! ... LOL
 I answered It's  me , ALT helps make up for my crappy flying skills alittle ! . Good fun !!!
 Any way thanks to the open Channel ONE and the great Beta testers CREW on board in AH 2 this morning , my Screen freeze problems are history , the results and settings changes made with "others " help thru CH 1  have seemed to have corrected the problems and struggle I have had ingame since Beta 36 release .

Again I want to thank you people who were in the Arena this morning helping me sort this out " In real time "
 Best Regards
 CHECKERS

And

Tuning 200 seems to work fine, and it makes the all-country voice option the user's choice instead of a game default.  If any of the all-player chat ever turns litigious, this should help fireproof Aces High. 

It is much more immersive to fly without the deluge of all-country personal chat that often has nothing to do with the game.  Eliminates a lot of screen clutter. 

Especially for those so concerned with perk points and no external views, not automatically hearing (viewing) enemy radio chat is a lot more realistic (a Tokyo Rose might be an exception). 

Humble sticks like me now can better enjoy our occasional victories over the minority of motor mouths whose whines are louder than their achievements.   

Even <S> were getting a little too expected.  Now a truly exceptional encounter still can be acknowledged, and the extra effort will make it more special instead of routine.   

Excellent explanations by HiTech and Pyro.  Always impressive how Aces High keeps positively evolving.

the entire thread can be read here
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,118207.105.html

Like I said. I am not trying to get into a pzzing match with you. So please dont take it that way. I am simply pointing out where I might have gotten that impression.

I digress
It also points out another point Ive been making. This has been going on a long long time. 11 years from the posts of the threat I just quoted and We see the very same arguments now we saw then.

I respect your efforts. I really do. And I doubt very much you receive many complaints about me.
But the only thing thats changed though is the channel we are talking about.

I just dont see what else that can be done that will work in the long term. Its become that definition of insanity

Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #243 on: April 27, 2015, 12:10:17 AM »
Having a cross country channel IMO is an unfortunate necessity, as in ANY online game, people typically want to communicate with "the other side", for various and obvious reasons.  I don't think eliminating the ability for players to have comms with the opponent teams/players would do the game any favors - I can't even think of a game where communicating at least in some for with your opponents is impossible, and that's what "banning" 200 would do.  I can understand wanting to "keep it clean", and this is really only possible with mods (obviously), so I agree with others when they state "more mods" instead of "removing channel" is a better option.

I didn't know that all the 200 channels were cross country.

So, after reading what HT wrote about how 200 came into being, I'm curious as to what has stopped  another "player" from spearheading a movement to have a free for all on say channel 209?  Moderators and those players who are sensitive wouldn't have to tune it if it bothered them, and it would give those who feel the need to spam or say things that gets the mods involved on 200 a place of their own to act out, and only if/when it became popular enough to become common knowledge would it likely be in danger of being modded or shut down (IMO).  I'm not advocating this really, I'm just more than surprised that it hasn't happened since the ch1/200 thing over 10 years ago. 

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #244 on: April 27, 2015, 08:53:47 AM »
Having a cross country channel IMO is an unfortunate necessity, as in ANY online game, people typically want to communicate with "the other side", for various and obvious reasons.  I don't think eliminating the ability for players to have comms with the opponent teams/players would do the game any favors - I can't even think of a game where communicating at least in some for with your opponents is impossible, and that's what "banning" 200 would do.  I can understand wanting to "keep it clean", and this is really only possible with mods (obviously), so I agree with others when they state "more mods" instead of "removing channel" is a better option.

I didn't know that all the 200 channels were cross country.

So, after reading what HT wrote about how 200 came into being, I'm curious as to what has stopped  another "player" from spearheading a movement to have a free for all on say channel 209?  Moderators and those players who are sensitive wouldn't have to tune it if it bothered them, and it would give those who feel the need to spam or say things that gets the mods involved on 200 a place of their own to act out, and only if/when it became popular enough to become common knowledge would it likely be in danger of being modded or shut down (IMO).  I'm not advocating this really, I'm just more than surprised that it hasn't happened since the ch1/200 thing over 10 years ago.

Maybe a teamspeak channel for all of AH where cussin' is free and almost recommended?  :x

Imagine watching Deadwood with censor beeps on every bad word. It would have to be renamed as beepwood.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #245 on: April 27, 2015, 09:59:34 AM »
200 is good for cross country banter; however I honestly found it useless - one time I had someone in the AvA squelch me simply because the person went on 200 and said "Hey 109, come out of the ack chicken!" - three P-38s were trying to vulch me and I responded "come down and get me shirley"...... I was muted for 60 minutes over it.

Apparently I was "disrespectful, ever since I stopped going to the AvA and pretty much de-tuned 200 since it was frankly a joke.
JG 52

Offline shppr01

• AvA Staff Member
  • Gold Member
« Reply #246 on: April 27, 2015, 10:39:16 AM »
200 is good for cross country banter; however I honestly found it useless - one time I had someone in the AvA squelch me simply because the person went on 200 and said "Hey 109, come out of the ack chicken!" - three P-38s were trying to vulch me and I responded "come down and get me shirley"...... I was muted for 60 minutes over it.

Apparently I was "disrespectful, ever since I stopped going to the AvA and pretty much de-tuned 200 since it was frankly a joke.

Try coming back to the AvA .. We have a new group of moderators and we actually are having fun again. Give it a try ..
Ingame : Shipper

Never put your gun down to hug a grizzly.

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #247 on: April 27, 2015, 11:11:14 AM »
what.... :headscratch:

he still HO's..... runs as soon as he loses position...never tries to fight it out.....

he may be an all right stick, he is a great HO shot..... but he has no honor...no respect.... no integrity..... and deserves nothing but disdain.

he is a sad individual who needs a psychiatrist for his narcissism.

Translation: :ahand

33-10.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 11:19:08 AM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
190 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 29-6

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #248 on: April 27, 2015, 11:38:54 AM »
Try coming back to the AvA .. We have a new group of moderators and we actually are having fun again. Give it a try ..

I've been pondering on coming back, I was going to wait until the new graphics and design comes out and wait for the feedback. I just hope numbers can rise when the new stuff comes out; Its been probably 6+ years since I was in the AvA, I really missed flying with JG54.
JG 52

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #249 on: April 27, 2015, 11:42:35 AM »
With all of the other channel 200's available, wonder if anyone has actually setup a super secret cross country channel that only the hmmmm, something like BluBerry's faux squad site invite?

Wonder why the uber resident denizens of ch200 don't agree to another channel in the 200's where they can VOX and text each other to death like Flame Warriors? Might save some wear and tear on the poor Mods. But, 200 is really a stage to show off on since it's now notorious like knowing where the local cat house is located. I doubt anyone would really bother tuning every 200 channel to see if anything was on. Just call it the PizAnt channel and let word of mouth direct the Ants or cats to it.

It's like small towns back when the concept of "other side of the tracks" meant something. As long as those from the other side of the track kept their sins on the other side of the tracks, harmony reigned for the larger population of the law abiding. From time to time things got out of hand and the Sheriff would intervene while the other side of the tracks moved to a new location.   

The fact that Hitech has had to get into this POST and talk about the past means the Sheriff is involved. You cannot control man kinds baser nature for very long. You can only manage it. Ch200 has been an other side of the tracks solution all of these years. Now you dorks are breaking the first rule of fight club and screwing a good thing. You never talk about the local cat house and then no one cares about it.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #250 on: April 27, 2015, 02:05:08 PM »
 :rofl  :rofl :rofl

Not only does the game play suck, but now 200 is the reason the game is dying...this is great...

This is the most pathetic thread I have read so far...I had stayed out of this...

If the game sucks so bad quit...if you don't like 200 don't tune to it...

I like the idea of a un-moderated channel that way you see what ppl really think...but OH NO...you might hurt someone's feelings...

Do any of you ppl that complain about 200 and the trash talk realize that this is a COMPETITIVE WAR GAME...
Do you want competition?  Do you want someone playing against you that has that same competitive spirit that you do?
Do you want someone that just bails when you get on their six?  Or do you want someone to try their freaking hardest to get you off their six?

This post will probably be a rule violation I'm sure...but this is the most pathetic display of weakness I have ever EVER witnessed on this board...

Cry and freaking whine...boo hoo I'm getting HOed, no one fights my way anymore, 200 runs ppl off from the game but they have to choose to tune to it, but its killing the game...OMFG

Cry Cry Cry...but you know what...when I play I HAVE FUN...I ALWAYS HAVE FUN....I never have problems finding fights...I never just run away from a fight be it 1 on 1 or freaking 10 vs me...and i'll run my mouth on 200 till the freakin world looks level too...I have a competitive side that makes me want to win and when I get shot down I reup and try again...

Why don't you crybags go play freaking Mario or World of Warcraft or whatever freaking stupid crap that someone with no competitive nature would play...

I love this game and you people will see me playing till the lights are turned off on me...just like I have been since 2005...

Go cry somewhere else where somebody actually cares how you feel...and let the men (or boys) play their game...

Disclaimer:  This post does not represent the attitude of the entire Anti-Horde squadron...but its pretty damn close... :salute

"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #251 on: April 27, 2015, 02:33:21 PM »
Do any of you ppl that complain about 200 and the trash talk realize that this is a COMPETITIVE WAR GAME...

Trash talk crosses the line though when players like splitter start spewing racial/ethnic slurs at you on channel 200 just because you blew up his flak panzie.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #252 on: April 27, 2015, 02:42:26 PM »
Do you want competition?  Do you want someone playing against you that has that same competitive spirit that you do?
Do you want someone that just bails when you get on their six?  Or do you want someone to try their freaking hardest to get you off their six?

Being competitive and a somewhat decent behaviour are not mutually exclusive to each other.
A lot of folks using "competitive game" just as a weak excuse.
Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #253 on: April 27, 2015, 02:59:54 PM »
Used to be a lot more "WTGs" and "<S>"'s on 200 then there is now. There used to be a whole lot more "TY's" after the <S>'s were given too. This game is classier then most, yet, it used to have more class as well.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #254 on: April 27, 2015, 03:10:37 PM »
Trash talk crosses the line though when players like splitter start spewing racial/ethnic slurs at you on channel 200 just because you blew up his flak panzie.

There is no place for racial/ethnic slurs in the trash talk I am speaking of...

Being competitive and a somewhat decent behaviour are not mutually exclusive to each other.
A lot of folks using "competitive game" just as a weak excuse.

Using the game as an excuse to use derogatory language or racial slurs and such is weak and those that do that sort of thing need to be .reported and muted...

"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde