Author Topic: The game play lately sucks!  (Read 19370 times)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
Re: The game play lately sucks!
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2015, 10:34:47 AM »
well CS:GO profits from the very active pro scene, while going competitive on planetside is very difficult. As games go mainstream now people want to play the games they see on tv...

I see your point but I still think the lack of development is more hurting AH that the death of the genre. See all the loyal customers above that consider leaving the game just because of the lack of good meta game, they are not leaving for another game and will probably stop playing alltogether.

I once wished for tools that would allow us to play competitively AH, I got laughed at.

I think we're both right. ;)  :cheers:

CS was just an example.  COD or BF or any of the other rounds-based games could just as easily be substituted.

My pet theory is the open world games just aren't popular.  If you compare open world MMO PvP to rounds-based stuff like CS or COD or any of the rest of the FPS's, it's orders of magnitude smaller.  It's just the nature of the game, very few people want this style of gameplay compared to what those other games offer.

What sucks for guys like me is, I don't enjoy the rounds based stuff like CS or WT or whatever.  For me online is pretty much a game like this or nothing.  If this place shuts down it's very unlikely I'll go to WT. for example.  The only game on the horizon atm for me that could replace AH for me is Star Citizen.  And that's iffy.

PS2 is really the only other game I can think of that's like AH, other than WBs which makes this place look positively crowded.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2015, 11:21:31 AM »
Well I solved my problem by quitting. Im not paying for a game with this kind of game play.

When the next version comes out I'll see if anything is rectified. As it is now its just a waste of time.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2015, 11:59:04 AM »
Well I solved my problem by quitting. Im not paying for a game with this kind of game play.

When the next version comes out I'll see if anything is rectified. As it is now its just a waste of time.
Getting close myself
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2015, 12:00:07 PM »
I like that this game is MMO and not round based. You really need the bombers and tanker and fighters all in the same arena all fighting for the same cause. Plus in a round base model squads will be disbanned the game won't have the same feel. It makes the game whole and more Interesting with a big map. I'm sure Hitech and them will fix the HQ problem. Obviously it does need some adjusting.

Once the #s fill up on the maps the level of play becomes very competitive and very fun and there are battles going on all over the place. It is crazy exciting. We just gotta market the new version well enough.

From what I've heard there will be changes to the new game that many of us have been bickering about. I'm sure alpha and HTC team have heard our concerns.

With many hopes the new AH will take off and collect a lot of new/older players and keep them around.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 12:01:38 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2015, 12:40:19 PM »

Once the #s fill up on the maps the level of play becomes very competitive and very fun and there are battles going on all over the place. It is crazy exciting. We just gotta market the new version well enough.

That's assuming there's a large playerbase that would play if only they knew about it.  That's a pretty huge assumption.

Wiley.

JG11

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2015, 12:50:32 PM »
There is a bit of a risk HTC is taking letting this problem continue to fester.  AH is habit forming.  Let the numbers continue to decline and at some magic, members number the house of cards will collapse as if a big earthquake hit the fragile structure.  Like quitting smoking, you invest your habit needs in something else.

Players are getting tired of a very few making the game part of AH difficult to play.  The game is out of balance.  Other adjustments have been made in the past to balance the game.

HTC stubbornness on this issue in AH2 is questionable.

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2015, 01:17:10 PM »
Lot of you folks are so worthless in-game that to see you come in here at whine like your opinion matters is comical. The majority of this game community lacks the ability to adapt and overcome. You cant accomplish things without a horde. For the true aces of this game your so useless in tatical id rather fight you then fly with you.

Make the HQ harder and we will attack with endless waves. You help grow our hate fir your precious game play. We suffered in the beginning when we came to this game and learned to overcome. Now that we know the character behind the man we seek destruction.

Continue on  :t
393rd Bombardment Squadron

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2015, 01:19:47 PM »
Lot of you folks are so worthless in-game that to see you come in here at whine like your opinion matters is comical. The majority of this game community lacks the ability to adapt and overcome. You cant accomplish things without a horde. For the true aces of this game your so useless in tatical id rather fight you then fly with you.

Make the HQ harder and we will attack with endless waves. You help grow our hate fir your precious game play. We suffered in the beginning when we came to this game and learned to overcome. Now that we know the character behind the man we seek destruction.

and yes let your hate continue to grow while HTC does nothing. I want this..... i dont care for most of you. For those who i do they know who they are and some arent even players i fly with. But the rest can kiss my six. I give all a chance for my respect and admiration. I go to the end of the earth for those i see worthy and lower myself to serve them. But for my enemies both in real life and this game.... eat worms and enjoy your burning HQ
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 01:22:04 PM by Wizz »

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2015, 01:21:09 PM »
and yes let your hate continue to grow while HTC does nothing. I want this..... i dont care for most of you. For those who i do they know who they are and some arent even players i fly with. But the rest can kiss my six

You're a credit to the community, Junior.

Wiley.

JG11

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2015, 01:23:06 PM »
You're a credit to the community, Junior.

Wiley.
Wiley i feel the same for you. People like you create a monster like me.... the rest just quit.

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2015, 01:23:49 PM »

Do you also write press releases for ISIS?  lol
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2015, 01:24:43 PM »
I have found this thread....

I have found it worthy of my time....

I have found most in this thread unworthy of my respect....

All your base are belong to us

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2015, 01:24:55 PM »
and yes let your hate continue to grow while HTC does nothing. I want this..... i dont care for most of you. For those who i do they know who they are and some arent even players i fly with. But the rest can kiss my six. I give all a chance for my respect and admiration. I go to the end of the earth for those i see worthy and lower myself to serve them. But for my enemies both in real life and this game.... eat worms and enjoy your burning HQ

Call me when you're knocking down HQ's in arenas that have two people in it.
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2015, 01:25:36 PM »
Do you also write press releases for ISIS?  lol

:x

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2015, 01:26:29 PM »
Call me when you're knocking down HQ's in arenas that have two people in it.
I wish HQ's had manned guns and a greater ability to defend it.

CO-Fine
XO-KO