Author Topic: Cut out Chann 200  (Read 1757 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: Cut out Chann 200
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2015, 03:59:42 PM »
Most of POTW detuned in 2007 when we were in that early AvA war that spanned all of WW2 over 3 months. We discovered it was a great way to learn who the mods were and get muted or kicked out of the arena. The mods gave us a choice and we detuned so we could stay in the war. A small number of us left it tuned over the last 7 years and kept the rest of the pigs entertained with some of the highlights in the MA. I retuned about 6 months ago.

Today it's as tame as a grade school play ground whizzing match. Or an evening listening to lies and whopper fishing stories around the pot bellied stove. Most of the heavy muck slingers and pot stirrers aren't around anymore. Who knows, with AH3, that may change during the inaugural first 6 months. SHawk acts more like a mod now days than the pot stirrer he used to be on 200.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2015, 04:06:17 PM »
1/2 the fun of playing the game is listening to 200.  you dont have to be part of it if you dont want to.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2015, 04:07:28 PM »
inter-country chat is good for the community. it's like the forums.. i wouldn't come to these forums they were country specific.

the game related trash talk is actually a good thing.. the hot political takes are tiresome.

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline FBKampfer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2015, 04:27:19 PM »
I like some of the talk on 200...The political talks get a lot of .report's out of me...not so much as it's the rule(which it is) but most have no clue what they are talking about.

I'd wager that the people who disagree with you would say the same thing.
AvA Development Group
Freebird SAC member

Great men are forged in fire; it is the privilege of lesser men to light the flames.

Offline kappa

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2015, 04:36:39 PM »
I wish everyone had to tune 200 for 12hrs of playtime/day.... ; p
- TWBYDHAS

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2015, 04:51:32 PM »
I'm with Earl.  200 is a cesspool for rotten apples.  Hence, the barrel degrades.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2015, 04:59:30 PM »
ok lets stop something that is not mandatory.... :rolleyes:

squelch the tards and have great convo's with the ones that you respect..... quite simple really. 

I used to squelch midway every time I logged on...now its skyyr...next year it will be someone else....

channel 200 is comedy central of Aces High. :aok

Offline cobia38

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2015, 05:00:40 PM »
SkyRock<------owns ch200.

:aok

you cant afford to own it,maybe rent,but not own  :neener:

Harvesting taters,one  K4 at a time

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2015, 07:35:03 PM »

channel 200 is comedy central of Aces High. :aok

^^
That

Whenever I'm really bored I'll log into AH2 and just watch 200. Always something going on 200 that makes for a good laugh.  :D

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2015, 07:58:29 PM »
Have to agree with Bailey and Latrobe here.

200 can be lots of hilarity and also put you in comm with other country members that otherwise you'd never talk to. Made a few buds there.

Keep it as is; detune if you don't like what you see.
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2015, 08:10:24 PM »
I wish everyone had to tune 200 for 12hrs of playtime/day.... ; p

I get it!

Offline shake307

• Zinc Member
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2015, 08:34:43 PM »
What is this CH200 you speak of?  :huh
Respect is granted, not demanded.

Let's get drunk and fly!

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2015, 08:52:18 PM »
The issues with channel 200 are derived for a small number of players. Squelch those and 200 becomes a great place to meet players on the other teams. Many friendship are made over 200 through the years.

Part of training, teach the newbies how to squelch.

I also think there should be a bigger presence of MODs in the arena with a bigger stick. Too often the political crap goes on too long before someone steps in. If a MOD is there to mute people right off sooner or later they will start to get the message that it will not be tolerated. The same goes for the bullying. It's pretty easy to see it happening when it does. If a MOD is on the ball and  mutes them right off those getting bullied don't log off and/or rage quit. I don't know how many MODs there are but I don't think there are enough. I can see some friendly banter going back and forth, but some of the stuff you see these days goes way over board.

I know HTC want to "let the people play", but there have to be some limits or your just letting it all turn into a cess pool.

I feel no compassion whatsoever for anyone that complains about what they see on 200.

As has already been stated. If you are new to the game you wont even know about 200. And there is a reason why.

Thing is 200 was initially created so that people could talk to one another about things other people didnt want to hear. It is why it is not the default cross country channel. The default channel  is the one you are supposed to be tuned to if you DIDNT want to see the very things people complain about now. The idea was you had to make a conscious decision to tune 200.

The problem is the very subject people complain most about. Politics.
In the beginning and for the first half of the US existence the west was wild and free. People moved there often to face adventure, dangers and all and to get away from the restrictions imposed on them in the big cities and heavily populated areas. The political structure was simple. You did what you wanted and you either lived or died or went back east.

Then more and more people moved out west. As the west became more popular people started deciding there were things they didnt like to have to deal with. So they brought with them politics which at its base is pretty much all about laws. Politics in action is usually based on what a group likes or doesn't like and what laws can be created to appease the loudest squealing group. Because going back east where it was nice and peaceful and full of laws wasnt something they wanted to do. Though some did. Instead they brought the east with them and insisted the west act more like the east.

Same thing here. 200 was created for people to have a certain degree of freedom about what they talked about. And if you didnt want to see or deal with those things. You simply stayed (back east)on the default channel. Then just like in the old west more and more people showed up and rather then go back east they decided to bring politics and its laws with them and settle the west because there were some things they didnt like. Rather then go back east which is probably where they belong. They instead demanded and got laws.

And here we are.

My feeling is you chose to tune into 200. Nobody has subjected you to anything you didnt choose to be subjected to.
If you dont like what you see on 200. Tune back to default. Its like TV. In you dont like what you see on ABC. do you just leave that channel on and complain or do you tune to a different channel?

"but everyone everyone else is on 200" Ahh everyone wants to be where the crowd is.
How is it you think TV shows are deemed a success or not? By the amount of people who stay tuned in. If it were that terrible. More people would simply tune to default and 200 would go away naturally or at least give it significant competition

I admit. 200 is a train wreck. Thing is people love to watch train wrecks.
And here we are
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Threeup

• Copper Member
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2015, 01:47:17 AM »
In my opinion, most crew are aware of the content and manner of 200. If you don’t like it don’t tune it.

I would like channel 300 where there is no moderation at all. Now that would be something to behold.
The Mighty Raw Prawns

"It's all good fun until someone loses an eye" Rooster Cogburn

http://youtu.be/pxM8XB61ZvU

Offline hgtonyvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2015, 01:55:15 AM »
SkyRock<------owns ch200.

:aok
Sure you do rock.....<S>
CO of the Hell Hounds. In Game: Rud3boi
*Ain't no grave can hold my body down.*