Author Topic: Cut out Chann 200  (Read 1758 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: Cut out Chann 200
« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2015, 05:22:47 PM »
Earl is of the tail end of the greatest generation baby pool. So he probably would not admit tuning to it once because of how it may have shown the regulars, maybe some he is friends with, in a bad light by their own words. So for that generation it's polite to use a third person reference and not actually point fingers. Instead, ask a question framed in terms of what good is such activity to the health of the community.

But, then ch200 is not for someone you would want dating your daughter is it? Points back to why ch1 got pulled by Hitech. And why small towns had the concept of the other side of the tracks and such necessary evils. You turned a blind eye as long as those evils stayed on the other side of the tracks.

Or Hitech pulls channel 1 forever.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline earl1937

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2015, 01:15:24 PM »
Can someone tell me why someone would complain about 200 that never tunes to it? :headscratch:
:airplane: If someone came out of a bathroom and said it "stinks" in there, I don't think I would be interested in opening the door just to see for myself!
Blue Skies and wind at my back and wish that for all!!!

Offline Fate

• Zinc Member
« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2015, 01:59:00 PM »
:airplane: If someone came out of a bathroom and said it "stinks" in there, I don't think I would be interested in opening the door just to see for myself!

Sure you would be. In fact, you'd likely find it almost impossible not to open the door if you weren't able to sample it from the outside. That's the reason every time someone says "I farted" our instinct is to inhale. We may not admit we do it - but we do.  :D

We're really just a tree-branch away from running around sniffing each-others butts like dogs; much more animal than we like to admit. In the virtual world, Ch 200 is the equivalent of marking your territory  :rofl

Offline aztec

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2015, 08:55:05 AM »

You stated the following in another thread

"Goodness Sakes! I didn't mean to get a up roar started! I think the post by Seano pretty much says it all and I agree with you sir, about the squelching of players. Maybe that is the answer! I do intend to start listening on 200, just to see what all the excitement is about and I can and will squelch someone who is using abusive language or just being an "bully".
I think what a lot of people tend to forget is, there are some very young people on here and I think it is highly disrespectful of an adult to use some of the language that I hear sometimes on regular VOX chann's. I guess I am just to old fashioned for the modern young guys who think that kind of language impresses people. It doesn't impress me and I doubt that it impresses anyone else."

Guess you want to check the stink after all.