Author Topic: Old F@RTS  (Read 8157 times)

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Re: Old F@RTS
« Reply #120 on: May 18, 2015, 08:12:19 PM »
Yes...you are a short timer.....the first indication of approaching old f@rtedness is having to say that you can still do everything that you could do when you were 18........ :old:

Every year for the last 10 years I've picked a tree I had to jump up to to reach its lowest limb then climb that tree.
Just to prove to myself I still can.

Course it helps I often get to climb things and sometimes have to contort my body into unusual positions as part of my work. Im in much better shape then most desk jockeys I know my age.

It cracks me up these youngsters that spend all kinds of time in the gym. sure they look good but most of the things they develop arent useful for much more then looks. My son when he worked for me was that way. Got himself all beefed up yet would struggle to help me move things around I move with relative ease. I would mock "Mr muscle. Spend all that time working out and and you struggle to move this?"

He finally got wise and changed his routine to include muscles he might actually use for something. Like carrying 2-5 gallon buckets of paint up 3 flights of stairs.

Then things got more fun as I discovered I could now take advantage of this. So whenever I wanted something carried I'd point to the item and say "Igor..lift" LMAO
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #121 on: May 22, 2015, 08:26:07 PM »
Guess I'm one. Air Warrior 94 till end... then here. Just turned 70

Best team oriented squad I ever had the privilege of being a part of was with the Aces & 8's. 200+ base takes a month and over 10,000 kills

I don't know what goes through his mind after leading such a successful squad to not leading at all but a firm crisp Salute to you A8BALLS. Best CO I ever had.

If I could just do it one more time for a month I'd be happy.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #122 on: May 23, 2015, 10:24:11 AM »
Guess I'm one. Air Warrior 94 till end... then here. Just turned 70

Best team oriented squad I ever had the privilege of being a part of was with the Aces & 8's. 200+ base takes a month and over 10,000 kills

I don't know what goes through his mind after leading such a successful squad to not leading at all but a firm crisp Salute to you A8BALLS. Best CO I ever had.

If I could just do it one more time for a month I'd be happy.

<S> Aces and 8's.  Those guys were the shiiiiiiit.  Reminded me a lot of the POTW.  They'd roll ya, defend your base to the end, fight ya, gang ya, 1 v 1 ya, vulch, pick, talk smack then rinse and repeat.  They were great fun to fight.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline OldBull

• Copper Member
« Reply #123 on: May 23, 2015, 02:35:28 PM »
Ahem Sir, Mr Canspec,
  OldBull shyly raises his hand from the back of the briefing auditorium. Sir did you have a specific age that you would recommend that we be put out to pasture or will all of us you deem too old to contribute just be evicted at one time, will there be a board to make this decision or should it just be solely at the discretion of young bright minds like yours? Could we stay a little longer if we promise to play quietly over in the corner of the map and not bother any of the young, bright, fast thinking players, you know the good pilots. Is this proposal of yours to take place immediately or will us ole relics be allowed to finish out the month, hell a couple of us will probably just die off by the end of the month of natural causes. Have you given any thought as to how this purge of yours might affect your score? With all of us elder aviators thrown out where would all your easy kills and score padding come from without all the old blind guys to vulch?
 But I have no doubt that you are right, I am sure it is past time for all us ole dinosaurs to step aside, maybe I'll take up Pong, but in parting let me say this son, time goes by very fast and in only a blink of an eye it will be you who will be old and in the way, holding up progress with your old ideas, why it seems like it was just yesterday a bunch of us were sitting in the back of that old bicycle shop in Dayton listening to Orvell and Wilbur talking about building a flying machine, ha, what nonsense!!.
OldBull
XO ~Avengers~

Offline Canspec

• Silver Member
« Reply #124 on: May 23, 2015, 09:11:43 PM »
Ahem Sir, Mr Canspec,
  OldBull shyly raises his hand from the back of the briefing auditorium. Sir did you have a specific age that you would recommend that we be put out to pasture or will all of us you deem too old to contribute just be evicted at one time, will there be a board to make this decision or should it just be solely at the discretion of young bright minds like yours? Could we stay a little longer if we promise to play quietly over in the corner of the map and not bother any of the young, bright, fast thinking players, you know the good pilots. Is this proposal of yours to take place immediately or will us ole relics be allowed to finish out the month, hell a couple of us will probably just die off by the end of the month of natural causes. Have you given any thought as to how this purge of yours might affect your score? With all of us elder aviators thrown out where would all your easy kills and score padding come from without all the old blind guys to vulch?
 But I have no doubt that you are right, I am sure it is past time for all us ole dinosaurs to step aside, maybe I'll take up Pong, but in parting let me say this son, time goes by very fast and in only a blink of an eye it will be you who will be old and in the way, holding up progress with your old ideas, why it seems like it was just yesterday a bunch of us were sitting in the back of that old bicycle shop in Dayton listening to Orvell and Wilbur talking about building a flying machine, ha, what nonsense!!.

Specific age as I stated before...."The age when you start to grow long hair on your ears and clipping your nose hairs becomes a daily necessity......"

All the rest is old f@rt speak and not of interest to a younger type like me.....:old:

« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 09:17:45 PM by Canspec »
Gnat
The Kommando for FSO
AoM
Der Wander Zirkus
GFC

Offline Canspec

• Silver Member
« Reply #125 on: May 23, 2015, 09:37:10 PM »
.....and while we are on the subject of nose hair.....please....for all you old f@rts that haven't recognized that you are old f@rts..... three inch nose hairs hanging out and blowing in the breeze is not attractive nor fun to look at.......jeez...I saw one today at the airport that I could have used to determine wind direction prior to take off.....:old:
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 09:41:15 PM by Canspec »
Gnat
The Kommando for FSO
AoM
Der Wander Zirkus
GFC