Author Topic: Control of CV  (Read 1220 times)

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
Control of CV
« on: July 02, 2015, 11:14:04 AM »
How is it that a player with yesterday's score can retain possession of the CV?  Went from four to 148 today
 :x
AkCaine

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: Control of CV
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2015, 11:56:14 AM »
The question is not clear.  Player control of a CV is based on rank.  Rank is only calculated once a day.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2015, 12:43:33 PM »
So is the question:

If a player is in command of a CV one day, and does not log out, should he still be allowed to maintain control of the CV the next day when the rank calculation should put him below other players with better rank who now cannot take control from that player?
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2015, 02:09:59 PM »
So is the question:

If a player is in command of a CV one day, and does not log out, should he still be allowed to maintain control of the CV the next day when the rank calculation should put him below other players with better rank who now cannot take control from that player?

Everybody's rank is calculated once per day, regardless of being logged in or not.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2015, 03:59:54 PM »
Everybody's rank is calculated once per day, regardless of being logged in or not.

I understand that. But what if the new rank doesn't get updated for the CV which is still under his control? Maybe the CV code still holds his old rank, thus allowing him to keep control even though looking at the roster would indicate he shouldn't.
My Current Rig:

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2015, 05:11:36 PM »
The question is not clear.  Player control of a CV is based on rank.  Rank is only calculated once a day.
[/
quote]
He was ranked number four yesterday, when the new rankings came out today he was number 148.   I had no rank yesterday and was ranked much better than 148 today and yet I couldn't take control from the player with yesterday's rank of four
AkCaine

Offline mikev

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2015, 01:49:09 PM »
<<<<<<<<<<< cannot control a CV . reason  low rank = deck swabber , potato peeler , garbage grinder any i missed? hehehehehe
1 Of these days you will regret shooting me down.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R4qb6_RPUc

Offline Naughty

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2015, 07:18:06 PM »
I understand that. But what if the new rank doesn't get updated for the CV which is still under his control? Maybe the CV code still holds his old rank, thus allowing him to keep control even though looking at the roster would indicate he shouldn't.

I don't believe it has anything to do with the CV "not getting updated". I'm pretty sure when you click on the CV in the task group selection, the program THEN compares your current score to the CV Commander's current score and either enables or disables the "take control" button. So I don't understand how a higher rank was not able to take control.
The true warrior has no enemies. Only teachers

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2015, 08:05:51 PM »
What I'm saying is what if the player remained logged in and in control of the CV when the rankings were calculated. The roster may show the new ranking, but perhaps the CV didn't (because the player was still in control at the time). If this happened as the OP states, then perhaps there's a bug in the CV subroutine as to when and how rank it's looked at.

It's possible this type of scenario was not thought of during development.
My Current Rig:

Offline Naughty

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2015, 04:23:35 PM »

It wouldn't matter if the player remained logged in. When somebody wants to take the CV, the program would only consider the Ranks at THAT moment. The decision is made when you open the Task group list. The program checks your CURRENT rank against the Commander's CURRENT rank and then activates the "take command" feature. The CV has no "memory"
The true warrior has no enemies. Only teachers

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2015, 10:33:23 PM »
   It wouldn't matter if the player remained logged in. When somebody wants to take the CV, the program would only consider the Ranks at THAT moment. The decision is made when you open the Task group list. The program checks your CURRENT rank against the Commander's CURRENT rank and then activates the "take command" feature. The CV has no "memory"
the current rank didn't work.  His prior rank was four and is currently ranked as 148, my current was 14 and I couldn't take control of the CV.
AkCaine

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2015, 08:36:40 AM »
I think what he is saying is when you take control of a CV, your current rank is captured in the server somewhere.  It appears that as long as you hold that CV, that is the rank that incoming players ranks are used to evaluate against.  As it turns out in this case, the players rank was 4 when he took it, but now, a day later, his rank is 148. 

All this is conjecture of course, but it would explain why Cane wasn't able to take command of the CV even though his rank was higher than the current owner of the CV. 

Make sense?

Perhaps this should be in the bug report forum as it seems like a bug
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org