Author Topic: Player vs Computer AI needed  (Read 2204 times)

Offline yipi

• Copper Member
Player vs Computer AI needed
« on: September 05, 2015, 03:18:51 PM »
Wish in the offline mode I could practice against an
AI computer opponent instead of just shooting at drones.
I believe that this would draw in alot of new players. Is this
something that is planned in the future?

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
Re: Player vs Computer AI needed
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2015, 03:25:51 PM »
Wish in the offline mode I could practice against an
AI computer opponent instead of just shooting at drones.
I believe that this would draw in alot of new players. Is this
something that is planned in the future?

Very much so, they are called staged missions
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/board,410.0.html

However in current versions they are not reliable...

BUT FEAR NOT!

With the current Alpha in progress, staged missions have made their return and the AI seem to have been fixed along with the mission editor.

I find the AI good sparring partners, and heck they're tougher and aggressive than the majority of the player base. And if you watch closely when fighting 2 v 1 you will see that they do employ basic wing-man tactics. Even that being said, just outsmart them and you can have good practice.

If you happen to check out the Alpha and get your feet wet - I would happily build you a few sparring missions to play with  :salute
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline yipi

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2015, 10:17:17 PM »
Thanks, I downloaded the beta version and also played the default mission using the bob9 terrain. I think this will help me a lot to learn some gunnery skills. I would like some missions 1 vs 1. I like to fly the Spit XVI against a P38 or another Spit.

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2015, 03:13:58 PM »
Thanks, I downloaded the beta version and also played the default mission using the bob9 terrain. I think this will help me a lot to learn some gunnery skills. I would like some missions 1 vs 1. I like to fly the Spit XVI against a P38 or another Spit.

PM sent  :salute

Offline yipi

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2015, 09:09:59 PM »
Thanks, I put the mission files in the Beta version and played it a few times. Its a lot of fun and I'm getting some practice in. Can you make another where the planes are already airborne and about 5k apart so I can get into the action faster. I really need gunnery skills.  Can the AI pilot skill be programed? I'm watching some of the Mission editor videos and tried to make one with them airborne but did not work for me.

Offline yipi

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2015, 09:23:09 PM »
Also, the Shift and Cntrl keys don't work in the Alpa Mission Editor for zoomin and moving around. I can only get the right mouse button orbit to work.

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2015, 09:58:08 PM »
Please understand the Alpha mission editor has been re-worked over and the video I have in the sticky thread does not apply to this version...

use the Q,W,E,A,S,D,Z,X,C keys to move and zoom around the map. And make good use of the "view selected" button on the bottom right of the editor while highlighting waypoints to speed things up.

AI pilots are possess one skill level. However you can reduce the damage guns can do by editing the arena settings. But that would also reduce your gun damage as well.

When the Alpha goes into Beta, I will produce a new editor tutorial. For now, look for bugs and other stuff. Report anything or ask questions in the Alpha forum.

Offline mustng2

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2015, 09:26:27 AM »
One of these is inair spawn and the others take off but warp to the fight.  I will post some more soon.  I think they take off heavy, but you can jettison ords.  If you try to modify it, remove the briefings because they use a photo for the brief screen.  Note that the inair will not work in a custom arena, only offline.  The AI offline are much less aggressive than the AI in a custom arena.  Good luck.

Offline mustng2

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2015, 09:49:54 AM »
This one takes off from a field, but warps to a fight.  Just maintain runway heading after you take off and maintain heading after the warp to the contacts.   You should be able to use this in a custom arena if you use the resource uploader after you modify it.   Ndisles terrain.  Good luck. 

Offline TerryRF

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2016, 09:38:09 AM »

Mustng...I downloaded your ftrmix2 file and I would like to thank you!

Great learning tool for the Beta and the AI aircraft are very challenging.

<Salute> Sir !