Author Topic: Does it really take this many HVAP and AP rounds to kill a t34?  (Read 463 times)

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
Does it really take this many HVAP and AP rounds to kill a t34?
« on: November 15, 2015, 07:00:30 AM »
I killed one t34 with a single shot earlier but this one absorbed at least 20 hvap and almost twice as many ap rounds..........at 360 yards.

Film attached.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 08:21:22 AM by icepac »

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Does it really take this many HVAP and AP rounds to kill a t34?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2015, 09:45:33 AM »
Looked like a lot of misses (hitting trees behind the tank for big explosions) and a lot of ricochets (you can see where they hit the ground after bouncing off the tank) much like the guy was hitting you, but I stopped watching after about half way.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2015, 10:22:57 AM »
Regardless of the misses, there are at least 30 hits......likely a lot more.

The other tank only had HE rounds.

I was shooting AP and HVAP from 360 yards away.

The tank from earlier in the mission died to a single shot of hvap at the same distance.

A possible bug I see is the richochets that hit the trees cause a big explosion.....on the trees .........which would never happen.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2015, 11:38:49 AM »
If your saying the bug is the explosions of the trees after ricocheting off the tank with HVAP, I think your taking things a bit too literal with a video game. After all shouldn't there be more sparks with a bunch of rounds bouncing of the side of a tank or plane? Shouldn't more parts fall off as they are hit? Shouldn't fluids trial off planes as they leak?

Life is realistic, video games not so much. As for the hits, again due to the angle of his tank to you, and having his turret pointed strait at you I see no problems with the ricochets you were getting, but I guess it's up to HTC to decide if there is a bug or not. From the looks of things, I don't think so.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2015, 07:32:09 PM »
The bug is a t34 taking 30+ AP and HVAP rounds at 360 yards......likely closer to 50 hits.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2015, 08:25:33 PM »
I counted 18 ricochets, many were they ricocheted downward, 21 ricochets to hit the woods, 6 misses, and one hit, the final shot where you got the kill. Slow the film down and you can see the ricochets. Also note the size difference in a ricochet hit sprite and the kill shot hit sprite.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2015, 12:07:13 AM »
It looks like a lot of partial penetrations mixed in with the hit-sprite depiction of hits where you really didn't get one. You can tell this is the case because even your MG was scoring major hit sprites in the track area where there is literally nothing your MG can even partially damage. The sloped armor in the area you were hitting, and the angled armor in the flank of the tank was the primary issue you were faced with.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2015, 05:51:05 PM »
I laid plenty of shots between the wheels.

As far as ricochets, I hit the same exact spot many times and one would think even a ricochet would change the shape of that spot such that it was no longer the same shape as when the tank was new.

I guess that isn't modeled.