Author Topic: Problem with new throttle  (Read 574 times)

Offline DeadMeat

• Zinc Member
Problem with new throttle
« on: February 20, 2016, 02:43:18 AM »
Trying out the Rhino X-55 from Saitek. I like the fact that it's a split that has the hat switch(look around) in the same place as CH but I have reservations about the materials used to build it (would like to see it made like Thrustmaster HOTAS). My problem is that every time I go into AHII I have to unplug/plug throttle to get it to work(don't have this in BETA). The game sees it and mapping doesn't change it just doesn't work. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks    HiVolt

Offline DeadMeat

• Zinc Member
Re: Problem with new throttle
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2016, 05:25:02 AM »
It's a driver issue. Saitek is aware.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2016, 07:24:57 AM »
A powered USB hub won't hurt, if you don't already use one.

I don't have one and maybe because of that, from time to time I have to un- and replug my pedals. Luckily it can be done during the game so it's no big issue if I notice it at the first takeoff.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Ratsy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2016, 09:07:06 AM »
On Windows 10, I am using a powered USB that is switched.  I need to turn off my throttle when I want to use Google Earth because the rotaries drive that software mad on my set up.  I have not had to do anything special to use either the stick or throttle and it holds its programming (SST) well in Aces High.

Sorry you are having trouble with it.  Did Saitek give you a reference for the 'driver problem' by any chance?

:salute

George "Ratsy" Preddy
328th FS - 352nd FG
Died December 25th, 1944, Near Liege - Ardennes

Operating with the Arabian Knights - callsign AKRaider

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2016, 09:54:52 AM »
I run the X55 throttle and stick with my CH pedals in Win7 and do not have these issues. I use a powered USB hub.

Offline xTITANx

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2016, 11:32:47 AM »
I had this same issue with my X45 and pedals with Windows 7.  I upgraded to Windows 10, use a powered USB, like Fugitive, no issues. 

XTITANX
Death from Above
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
xTITANx A.K.A.  DFATITAN
Death From Above (DFA)
"My relationship with AH has lasted longer than my last two wives".  On again, off again, but still here.