Author Topic: message window size and position in vr  (Read 562 times)

Offline GullGutz

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.dhcomputing.com
message window size and position in vr
« on: October 27, 2016, 09:38:29 AM »
Is there anyway to reset the default size and position of the message window in vr mode?
Also, is there a way to reset to a default position in the airplane in the vr mode?
Trying to place the white dot on the border to resize only makes things worse.  I cannot get it set so its usable.
Never mind.  I got it to reset with the ~ button.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 11:08:00 AM by GullGutz »

Offline nomad45

• Zinc Member
Re: message window size and position in vr
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2016, 05:30:56 PM »
Did you find an answer?  I have had this issue twice now after accidently expanding the window using my oculus.  The result is I have to reinstall aces high in order to fix it.  Its terrible!

v/r

Nomad

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2016, 08:08:52 PM »
Did you find an answer?  I have had this issue twice now after accidently expanding the window using my oculus.  The result is I have to reinstall aces high in order to fix it.  Its terrible!

v/r

Nomad

Make a copy of your settings folder and save it some place you can find it. When/if you have an issue again, just copy and paste the saved folder in and it should rewrite the corrupted file that is giving you the issue.

Offline FBCyPi

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2016, 04:44:57 PM »
I'm having the same problem with the message window

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2016, 06:11:20 AM »
There are two settings/cfg files which control the size and position of the message window.

Look in the "settings" folder.
---------------------------
Remove "filters.cfg" to reset the size of the message window.
Remove "msgbar.cfg" toi reset the position of the message window.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2016, 07:05:46 PM »
and typically file names to adjust your VR experience have VR_ prepended to the name.

So ...\Hitech Creations\Aces High III\settings\VR_filters.cfg  <--That controls the text message window not the radio window.

the inside of mine looks like this:

0x00010000,VERSION
28,FONT_SIZE
1,FILTER_CNT
1181,2117,1868,2394,SMALLRECT
1140,1217,1829,2403,LARGERECT
1,TAB_CNT
All
0x000006ff,FLAGS
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline FBCyPi

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2017, 02:39:33 PM »
The box that the channels are in can be moved and resized just fine. The icon is a bit jumpy, but I can live with that. The Box that lists the names of the people on channel is STRAIGHT UP. I can move it, but if I type, the next time I open the radio box, the box with the names listed has reset to the position STRAIGHT UP. It doesn't act like the rest of the boxes and hold it's position after it's been closed and reopened. ALSO...is there a way to move the map further away from ones face? Sometimes it's so close my eyes cross. Also, is there a way to change FOV?

Thank you so much sir.

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2017, 02:40:28 PM »
I think if you move some of those boxes you have to press f10 to save headposition. I usually use my rear view switch when I do it so it doesn't muck up my forward (tracked) views.

Offline FBCyPi

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2017, 09:34:41 AM »
the last update moved the window that lists people in range and on vox channel, so now it isn't STRAIGHT up...but...I still have to look way up and to the right, plus the window doesn't stay put. If one moves the window, types and sends a message, the window resets to its original position. Not really that big of a deal.

I love the game. My VR setup puts me RIGHT into the cockpit. My framerates are good, just a few details that I can see that need to be addressed.

Anything I can do to help polish the product, let me know...

Salute, and may your never ending hunt for bish scalps be fruitful.