Author Topic: primary weapon fireswhen esc pushed  (Read 287 times)

Offline RODBUSTR

• Nickel Member
primary weapon fireswhen esc pushed
« on: December 03, 2016, 06:36:49 PM »
jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Re: primary weapon fireswhen esc pushed
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2016, 03:39:39 AM »
Check your keyboard mapping.

The reason why keyboard/game controller mapping can change inadvertently can often be related to Windows remapping the USB ports. That can happen if you change the devices from one port to another, or if you have some device like a printer sometimes on and sometimes off along with your gaming gear. Or if your devices simply overload the USB power handling capacity. Or sun spots, northern lights, a spike in your electric network or in your power supply. No kidding, the USB can in theory run 255 USB devices but their combined power drainage is usually limited to 2 x 500 mA. A powered USB hub will help but even those have their limitations.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: primary weapon fireswhen esc pushed
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2016, 02:26:23 PM »
This is a mapping issue.  Usually means an analog input got tied to a button input, for example.

Remapping the the fire commands will usually correct it, but I have seen where the mapping files had to be removed and start over to fix it, if enough things get whacked.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com