Author Topic: Tell me how I can help  (Read 1841 times)

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
Tell me how I can help
« on: December 06, 2016, 07:45:17 PM »
Game crashes repeatedly, freezes, requires a complete shutdown of all open windows. Sometimes reboot of PC, even though that isn't guaranteed. Sometimes I can fly for 10-20 min, sometimes freezes before aircraft even spawn on runway.

What do I need to do to report to you guys what's happening on my system?
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
Re: Tell me how I can help
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2016, 09:45:31 PM »
flew for a couple hours no problems just now, then 3 freezes on 3 sorties all inside 20 minutes. 6 kills erased as if they never happened.  :furious :rofl

Seriously, needs fixing, or at least fix the in-op respawn in flight after disco feature. This game isn't ready for prime time.

Maybe the problem is on my end, but I ran AHII for years... years.... with no problems.
Floyd

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2016, 06:47:14 AM »
Curious, do have an AMD video card?

The reason I ask is it seems the AMD cards are prone to this best I can tell.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2016, 08:43:18 AM »
Look in the Aces High III installation folder for a folder named "temp".  Look in that folder.  If the game crashes, there should be some dump files (*.dmp files) there.  You can post them in "Bug Report" forum, as attachments.  You might have to ZIP them to get them smaller.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 10:05:28 AM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2016, 12:54:07 PM »
Look in the Aces High III installation folder for a folder named "temp".  Look in that folder.  If the game crashes, there should be some dump files (*.dmp files) there.  You can post them in "Bug Report" forum, as attachments.  You might have to ZIP them to get them smaller.

Will do, thanks.
Floyd

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2016, 12:55:13 PM »
Curious, do have an AMD video card?

The reason I ask is it seems the AMD cards are prone to this best I can tell.

Yes, AMD Radion 6800
Floyd

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2016, 03:45:36 PM »

These type screen freeze does not generate a dmp file.  I check every time.

So far, best I can tell from other players the AMD cards are part of the culprit in freezes that require a power down to get out.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2016, 03:46:46 PM »
Yes, AMD Radion 6800

Did you post a copy of the top third of your Dxdiag? That video card may only have 1 gig or memory putting it on the lower end of "ok".

Over heating may be an issue as well. If your pushing the card and a fan is iffy, or just air flow in your box is bad it could explain why your computer is locking up more and more..... until you let it cool down.

Worth a look I think.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2016, 03:50:22 PM »
Overheating is a very real possibility.  I have seen the game push the temps on some (NVidia and AMD) video cards here far beyond what that should be, when the fan profiles were left at default.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline MADe

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2016, 12:06:06 AM »
Overheating is a very real possibility.  I have seen the game push the temps on some (NVidia and AMD) video cards here far beyond what that should be, when the fan profiles were left at default.

guilty as charged. i left vid card fans to nvidia driver, very bad.
i installed the manufacturers utility for my card, selected a fan profile and done. walla magic.
ASROCK X99 Taichi, INTEL i7 6850@4.5GHz, GIGABYTE GTX 1070G1, Kingston HyperX 3000MHz DDR4, OCZ 256GB RD400, Seasonic 750W PSU, SONY BRAVIA 48W600B, Windows 10 Pro /64

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2016, 09:43:49 AM »

guilty as charged. i left vid card fans to nvidia driver, very bad.
i installed the manufacturers utility for my card, selected a fan profile and done. walla magic.

could you elaborate on this. I feel like my GTX1060 is not being cooled very well after an OS "reset" and lost my Alienware thermal controller software. Also Shriike has a Radeon card and is also periodically experiencing the lock up which requires a hard power cycle to overcome.
56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline Drane

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2016, 01:01:03 PM »
Using MSI Afterburner I set this manual video card fan speed profile. No problems with overheating  since. You should be able to set a profile similar to this with whatever software came with your video card.

40% up to 30C
ramp to 50% @ 50C
ramp to 100% @ 80C

92 Squadron RAF - Aut pugna aut morere - 'Either fight or die'

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2016, 01:08:04 PM »
awesome, thanks for the help, may keep the old man's unit from locking up on him.
56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2016, 03:59:49 AM »
Game crashes repeatedly, freezes, requires a complete shutdown of all open windows. Sometimes reboot of PC, even though that isn't guaranteed. Sometimes I can fly for 10-20 min, sometimes freezes before aircraft even spawn on runway.

What do I need to do to report to you guys what's happening on my system?

The first thing that struck me in seeing this was the "all open windows" comment, but it does sound like heat is the problem.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2016, 09:25:35 AM »
Typically the only Windows that are open are the game, track-ir, and ch control manager. Sometimes I'll have web browser up (hey, the flights are sometimes long ones  :D ) but that's more the exception than the rule.
Floyd