Author Topic: Can't go to external view in P-51 offline when airborne  (Read 394 times)

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Can't go to external view in P-51 offline when airborne
« on: February 17, 2017, 11:27:39 AM »
This must be new since the last patch?

It's behaving just like it does online-- as soon as the wheels leave the ground, you are snapped into the cockpit view.  I hope this is not an intentional change because its the only way I know as a skinner to get in-game feed back of changes I make to my skin.   I can only do so much looking at it on the runway; its also how I create in-flight screen shots of the skin. 
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 11:29:41 AM by oboe »

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: Can't go to external view in P-51 offline when airborne
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 11:32:33 AM »
Arena setup, environment tab, flight mode, is your external view box not checked?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Re: Can't go to external view in P-51 offline when airborne
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 12:03:25 PM »
Thanks Bustr - I found it under

Arena Setup -> Environment -> Arena Settings

There is a parameter called ViewModeFlags and when I clicked on this, I could see the Fighter External box was not checked.  I checked all the boxes and now its working.

Not something I've ever messed around with though; must've been a change to the default value some time recently.   Thanks again for your help sir!