Author Topic: Maps  (Read 980 times)

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
Maps
« on: March 02, 2017, 08:45:47 PM »
Has anyone (pipz?) made a set of maps for the new layouts yet?  Search was futile as resisting assimilation.  :(
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 08:49:16 PM by Dragon »
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
Re: Maps
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 08:51:48 PM »
1Ijac has a nice set out.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 10:57:08 PM »
There are multiple sets and threads on them. Here is a link to the ones that my group uses. These are made specifically for my group so you won't find numbered guns and a lot of extra stuff. Just the main info that my group needs from the maps.

http://www.blackwidowsgaming.com/files/file/2-bwg-field-maps/
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2017, 01:57:26 PM »
There are multiple sets and threads on them. Here is a link to the ones that my group uses. These are made specifically for my group so you won't find numbered guns and a lot of extra stuff. Just the main info that my group needs from the maps.

http://www.blackwidowsgaming.com/files/file/2-bwg-field-maps/

These are pretty good and unfortunately they don’t cover all the new bases , the very large, “ Large airfield and town”  The official map delivered by HTC, with the download of the game in the map folder, leaves a lot to be desired, the Very Large Airfield Map is just about unusable and doesn’t comply with HTC’s own rules about map sizes of 512 x 512.  As delivered the very large airfield and town map is 1024 x 1024 twice the size of all other maps and it still is useless.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2017, 04:00:14 PM »
These are pretty good and unfortunately they don’t cover all the new bases , the very large, “ Large airfield and town”  The official map delivered by HTC, with the download of the game in the map folder, leaves a lot to be desired, the Very Large Airfield Map is just about unusable and doesn’t comply with HTC’s own rules about map sizes of 512 x 512.  As delivered the very large airfield and town map is 1024 x 1024 twice the size of all other maps and it still is useless.

I'm not sure which one I'm missing in the pack. I should have all of them with the exception of the strats. I think 8thJinx did a great job on his maps, however I feel that it is too bland when it comes to showing you what the field looks like. Its shows you the layout, but based on those maps you don't know what the hangers actually look like from above. That's why I went with aerial shots of the bases. I only labeled the key information that my group needs. For example, I don't need to know where gun 7 is, so it just clutters the map.

None of the maps I made are intended for the clipboard. They are meant to be printed or pulled up on a secondary device/monitor.
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline 1ijac

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2017, 11:28:44 AM »

If you would like to see another take on maps of all the bases and strats where everything is labeled, I can send you a map pack of the maps I put together and use.  Mine were made for printing in color and not for clipboard use.  If interested, pm me your e-mail addy and I'll send them asap.  Jinx, bowhntr and others have put together great illustrations.  Let me know if interested.

one-eye
"One-Eye"

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2017, 02:17:25 PM »
If you would like to see another take on maps of all the bases and strats where everything is labeled, I can send you a map pack of the maps I put together and use.  Mine were made for printing in color and not for clipboard use.  If interested, pm me your e-mail addy and I'll send them asap.  Jinx, bowhntr and others have put together great illustrations.  Let me know if interested.

one-eye

thank you but no, I don't have any issues using the existing maps as I seldom use them.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes