Author Topic: C-47 Icon: Eng. off, on the ground.  (Read 765 times)

Offline TerryRF

• Copper Member
C-47 Icon: Eng. off, on the ground.
« on: July 13, 2017, 01:36:17 PM »
A question came up and looking for the answer.

Situation: Enemy C-47, on the ground, engine off, just outside of town waiting to release troops.

At what range does its' icon show? Is it the same as if it were in flight?

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
Re: C-47 Icon: Eng. off, on the ground.
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2017, 02:22:49 PM »
No... in fact it is more like finding a shut down GV in the trees.... you can see them but they are hard to find and you only get a flash of icon at certain angles..and D600.... but the icon is more at ground level almost under ground

This is my observation over the years...not an official word on it..... a few years back they were often easy to spot by a shimmer they had against the ground detail...in this version I find it much hard to spot them when landed...even when I know the approximate vicinity they landed
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 02:26:16 PM by SPKmes »

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2017, 06:47:19 PM »
it's 600ft.
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2017, 09:56:47 PM »
I find them all the time and usually a second time a few minutes after I killed the first one.

Hang out in a town often and you will hear airplane engines without seeing a flying plane.

That is the raging clue.

Depending on whether town is deacked and white flagged or not, I usually chute out outside of town to not give a proxy and stand on a hill in town looking in the obvious direction.

Then I walk over and pistol whip the plane to bolivia.

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2017, 09:59:42 PM »
I find them all the time and usually a second time a few minutes after I killed the first one.

Hang out in a town often and you will hear airplane engines without seeing a flying plane.

That is the raging clue.

Depending on whether town is deacked and white flagged or not, I usually chute out outside of town to not give a proxy and stand on a hill in town looking in the obvious direction.

You have way too much time on your hands

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2017, 10:17:29 AM »

That is the raging clue.

Manchester