Author Topic: HOST CONNECTION LOSS ON BOOT  (Read 422 times)

Offline RODBUSTR

• Nickel Member
HOST CONNECTION LOSS ON BOOT
« on: July 30, 2017, 09:47:03 AM »
     It started for Me a few days ago,   It is an instant  and repeated loss of host connection on login.   It happens for Me only in Melee.  Usually 1 0r 2 times, this morn. 6 in a row and WW1 fires right up.

Online Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Re: HOST CONNECTION LOSS ON BOOT
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2017, 01:24:31 PM »
Forgive me for my lack of finesses of the English language, but is "Me" referring to "You", the capita letter only being for emphasizing it's you and no one else suffering from this issue?

If that's what you're talking about, you might have issues with the name server. At first I was thinking about the two arenas being on different servers, but it appears they are on the same one. Nevertheless, it doesn't hurt to flush your DNS cache: Open an administrative level command prompt and type "ipconfig /flushdns" without the quotes.

Another useful trick is to power cycle your modem/router by simply unplugging it from the mains for some 30 seconds. Replug and wait for the connection to come up again, see if that helped.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline RODBUSTR

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2017, 10:24:41 AM »
  I couldn't care less about the hows and whys Bizman or Your critique of My writing. I'm just reporting an error.

Online Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2017, 10:45:51 AM »
Sorry, didn't mean to criticize you or your writing. Apparently I wasn't at my smartest last night. I just wanted to make sure "Me" meant you instead of "Messerschmitt" or "Millennium edition" or something else game or computer related.

Hopefully the rest of my post was more useful for testing if there's a bug in the game or a glitch in your network.

Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2017, 03:37:43 PM »
 :uhoh Someone needs a Snickers Bar :uhoh   Bizman was telling you how to fix the issue, Rodbuster. Or at least a fix that may be the problem. He has given me the same fix some time back when I had a similar problem. It was fixed when I reset my router, as per the same directions he gave in his reply here. Did you notice he was from Finland? English is SECOND language :eek:
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain