Author Topic: TrackIR Mirror  (Read 1048 times)

Offline Threeup

• Copper Member
TrackIR Mirror
« on: January 20, 2018, 03:14:06 AM »
I'm hoping someone has encountered this and can offer a solution.
My TrackIr, for some reason, randomly just reverses it's view and looks backwards.
I know it doesn't happen at the worst moments, but it seems like it and totally screws with vision.
Then, at odd times, it flickers between looking forwards and backwards.
The unit itself (TrackIr) is about 5 years old, but this problem has only surfaced in the last two. I have checked the TrackIr without it being in game and it is smooth, which leads me to think it isn't interfacing within the game as it should.
I haven't altered any setting as far as I know, but any advice would be welcome.
Thanks in anticipation <S>
The Mighty Raw Prawns

"It's all good fun until someone loses an eye" Rooster Cogburn

http://youtu.be/pxM8XB61ZvU

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
Re: TrackIR Mirror
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2018, 07:51:50 AM »
If you have a hat switch or some other button that controls views, it could be a bad switch or button.  Un-program the button to see if it goes away.

I have a similar problem with VR.  It keeps calling up odd clipboard pages once and awhile.  I think I have a short somewhere.

Offline Rebel28

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2018, 08:25:45 AM »
In your track ir setup go to the camera view. This will show you all light that is hitting the camera. I had the same problem and it was caused by sun coming in a window that was behind me. In camera view you will see the offending light source. That will cause track ir to think you are turning your head.

Hope this helps.
4th Fighter Group
~ The Gunslingers ~

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2018, 08:56:32 AM »
As soon as it happens, close out of AH. Open the TIR software and bring up the camera view. There should be three green dots and ONLY three! If there are other red blotches they are other sources of IR light that are shining either directly at or are being reflected off something behind you. I had that problem at certain times of the day when a tiny shaft of sunlight came thru a window. Closing the curtain tighter didn't help I had to put a piece of cardboard to totally block it. This is why it's important to look right away. Could be its a daylight thing. Sunlight from somewhere. But it doesn't HAVE to be light from the sun. It can happen at night too! Read on!

Are you using the pro clip(the one with the IR lights on it)? Or the ball cap visor clip with the three reflectors? Do you have the software set to look for the correct one? They're different patterns of dots so it's important!

If the ball cap clip... Are you wearing glasses? If yes to that it could be the IR light coming from the camera is reflecting off one of the lenses when you turn your head a certain way effectively screwing up the tracking. I had that problem. Look at the camera view and move your head around and see if random other dots show up when you move your head around. That'll do it. I didn't like the clip, so I made my own active IR lighted ball cap with IR leds where the reflectors are on the visor clip and then disabled the IR lights in the camera. Now there's no IR light coming from in front of me to reflect off my glasses. Works great.

Either way, in order for the software to track your head there, can't be any other IR light reaching it other than the three spots it's looking for, in the pattern it's set for. If any other IR light is present it'll kinda pick on its own which three "lights" it wants to track and if one of them is a reflection on the wall behind you it's gonna flip your view around because as far as it can tell that's the way you're holding your head! If this is the case, as soon as you look at camera view you'll see a bunch of random red areas that'll change from red to green maybe on their own or maybe as soon as you move a certain way. But there's only ever gonna be three green ones and those are the ones the software uses to track. They might not be the ones you want!

It's annoying but easy enough to troubleshoot. Have fun finding your gremlin!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2018, 01:00:41 PM »
I agree, it sounds like a light pollution issue.  I used to get it from light hitting next doors roof.

In the TIR software you can change the amount of light the sensor sees so that may help. Blocking out the light is your best option

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2018, 02:32:33 PM »
YUP! More than likely...light pollution  :aok
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Threeup

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2018, 10:09:19 PM »
Thanks Gents - you picked it in one - an LED light was just in the line of vision and spasmodically.
Now fixed and I can noob on.
Much obliged for the help.
The Mighty Raw Prawns

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2018, 01:25:43 AM »
You know that P51 pilots do not suffer from the issue.  Spit pilots do only because the game is too easy for them and TrackIR recognises that so adds a level of difficulty.   :noid  Just sayin   :neener:

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2018, 04:43:26 PM »
Is that why YOU trim my wing tips  :furious So TIR works different for spits even after we are wing short?  :x  Think you just made that UP! :rofl It works that way though :furious
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Threeup

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2018, 11:08:14 PM »
There could be truth to that although Spit pilots are generally better looking and more attractive to the opposite sex. They're also braver, not being able to run from a fight.
So I guess TrackIr makes allowances for that.

In essence then, pony pilots are so ugly they have to run from a fight in case their faces are seen and they're asked  "When is the next Phantom of the Opera performance?"

It all evens up.

Have fun - keep well - play nicely <S> all
The Mighty Raw Prawns

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2018, 11:53:30 PM »
Lol Threeup, nice try but it is obvious you are as ugly as a 51 pilot since even your TIR tries to look away from you.  :p

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2018, 05:44:22 AM »
Lol Threeup, nice try but it is obvious you are as ugly as a 51 pilot since even your TIR tries to look away from you.  :p
And POW...Fess drops the mic :rofl NICE SHOT! Damn I love you guys! :rock