Author Topic: Dico death  (Read 1218 times)

Offline RODBUSTR

• Nickel Member
Dico death
« on: February 05, 2018, 11:38:46 AM »
    This morn. P47m  new plane climb out from A78.  No where near an enemy Discoed at about 6000 alt.  Got back and got the "will return to flight shortly.  Then get message Lunatic shot You down.  You have crashed to the Earth... I was in Rook A/O and lunatic was over a hundred miles away and never put a hole in My bird.

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
Re: Dico death
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 12:47:14 PM »
Title says it all.    :noid

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2018, 04:39:54 AM »
Does anyone else ever notice that almost every complaint thread is started by the same set of people? Over and over and over and over and over and over.
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2018, 05:35:40 AM »
Does anyone else ever notice that almost every complaint thread is started by the same set of people? Over and over and over and over and over and over.

There are only a dozen of us playing, bound to happen.
-Ninja250, -Spectre, -UBerHAGS, -FieroGT, -Haggerty, -Hellcat -Misawa, -Gloom -Nobunaga -Cobrakai

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2018, 09:14:18 AM »
If you were not in stable flight, the AI will crash the plane.  Think of it as more of an auto-pilot with absolutely no flight skills.

Lunatic must have been the closest bad guy.  All kills get awarded to someone.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2018, 10:47:27 AM »
Lunatic must have been the closest bad guy.  All kills get awarded to someone.

Unless you haven't been hit by anyone and no one is within proxy range...
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2018, 11:02:25 AM »
Oops, I was in error.

Kill awards are restricted to those in the ManuverKillRange setting of the arena, when no damage has been assigned to the dead plane.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2018, 05:04:14 PM »
I could see how the kill getting awarded could possibly be a bug.  I notice often times when I login to the arena the game defaults me to a base, sometimes not even on the team I'm on before shooting me over to the correct side and base.  Perhaps when you logged back in, something similar happened and your 'crash' registered where you were at upon logging in, not where you were 'in flight'.   :headscratch:
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2018, 05:54:25 AM »
Until your user data is loaded to your computer, from the server, you are a Bishop (0).  You get to see the tower before all that is installed as that is drawn by the client, no matter what.

If your Internet connection is having any issues at all (dropped packets or sporadic delays) then when you first login it is possible to be placed at a Bishop base first.  There is no other data loaded so there is nothing to see and you cannot do anything until the client gets all its initial data.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2018, 06:23:54 AM »
There is no other data loaded so there is nothing to see and you cannot do anything until the client gets all its initial data.

Very rarely I got a single line from Bishop country chat displayed when logging in. The first time I had that happening I was quite confused (GHI is now a Knight???). But it never went beyond that and was too rare to become any kind of issue.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2018, 12:29:15 PM »

Why yes, yes I have noticed that.