Author Topic: Headset and Mic  (Read 2925 times)

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
Headset and Mic
« on: June 18, 2018, 12:46:03 PM »
What are some of the best 5.1, 7.1 etc. headsets and mics out there? I understand headset are not  true surround sound. I am not talking cheap I m talking $150+. some of you hard core gamers must have some experience here. I have used a Tritton for most of the years i have been playing but it is just plain worn out. Looking for other ideas.
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
Re: Headset and Mic
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2018, 12:51:50 PM »
VOID Headsets by Corsair are great.  Have the Dolby capabilities.  Mine has been working well for over a year with no problems.  Also they continuously update their software.

You will be notified when they have a new update.  They come quite soon.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline jimbo71

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2018, 01:14:51 PM »
For $125 I can send two midgets over who yell ambient game sounds into your ears.  When you crash your plane, they grab you by the shoulders and shake you for added realism.
Disclamer: No volume control.  DON'T crash into water (trust me)
xxxJCxxx

Skill, Altitude, Airspeed: You need 2 out of 3...

Offline twistedtechmike

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2018, 01:27:22 PM »
Ive got a Blue Snowball mic, and its awesome. For headset, I'm using a Turtle Beach XO Seven with the mic disconnected. Works great for me  :)
XCal
Former AW Dweeb

Offline pallero

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2018, 02:00:44 PM »
This.

https://north-america.beyerdynamic.com/mmx-300.html

I've been using for years.
Excellent sound quality.

Offline FX1

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2018, 04:01:01 PM »
I stopped using head phones. Kinda like to play in silence and not the chatter in the back ground for someone to drop supplies.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2018, 04:27:13 PM »
I use a set of Sennheiser. This one is the next step up from mine. Had mine for a couple years with no problems. Ingame sounds are awesome.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2018, 04:33:18 PM »
I use the Logitech 933 headset for the last couple of years.  It's pretty good, comfortable for long gaming sessions and the sound quality is pretty good for games and movies/music.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2018, 06:13:32 PM »
I use the Logitech 933 headset for the last couple of years.  It's pretty good, comfortable for long gaming sessions and the sound quality is pretty good for games and movies/music.
same one I use
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Goat1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2018, 10:01:24 PM »
Brought a Plantronics 600 a week ago for $50.
Seems to be pretty good.
"Go in close, and when you think you are too close, go in closer." — Major Thomas B. 'Tommy' McGuire, USAAF

Offline M0nkey_Man

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2018, 05:46:45 AM »
I picked up the Steel series Arctis 7 about a year ago and I've loved it
Kommando Nowotny "Tip of the dull butter knife"
delta07
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association of P-38 Pilots

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2018, 12:25:35 PM »
Rockcat Kave best one on the market by far
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2018, 09:05:14 AM »
#metoo

I have also connected TrackIR to a Duracell battery charger with a physical on-off button , so I'm completely cordless now.

My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline Bixby

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2018, 10:37:17 AM »
 save: I am interested in your TrackIR set up. Could you shed some light (in another post) on how you did that?

Thanks, Bixby.

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2018, 11:12:44 AM »
TrackIR clips - get the DelanClip, hands DOWN.

Headsets - there are other threads here recently about this topic.  I went through dozens in a collecting period of a couple years.  Sennheisers (Game One, Game Zero, or the newer gaming headsets, the various GSP ones are great, but I've only briefly tried those ones in the shop, while I used the Ones/Zeros for years). Beyers are great too.

Probably the best combo for the money IMO is get the Sony MDRs, they are only $120, and add a mod-mic, or a high quality desktop mic from Blue or whatever.  Running a DAC/AMP is great for this setup too, for about $350 you can get a decent DAC, MDRs, and the Mod Mic, and have a great audio setup, second to none IMO.

Also, if you just want a simple solution, the Astro headsets are great, I'm running 2 sets on 2 of our desktop setups, and am very, very impressed and happy with them.  Solid tank like construction, lots of metal in them, great sound, etc. 

Just understand there is more to it than just the headset, a good DAC, or even a sound card, will make an astonishing difference over mother board sound, even the very best MB (I use Asus $400 mother boards with "wizzy" sound, and it sucks compared to even a $100 sound card) can't compete with a sound card, or better yet a good DAC/AMP.