Author Topic: "Is VF-17 still Recruiting?"  (Read 1821 times)

Offline VFJACKAL

• Copper Member
Reschke.........
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2003, 04:38:32 PM »
I'll look you guys up...What Country do you all fly for. I'd like to get to know some folks to fly with...even if I don't make the squad I'd still give a hand if needed.

I've mainly flown the Spit. I like the F4's a ton..One of my Fav's in WW2...But I dont have much seat time in em other than Jabo'ing. I was in this game a year ago..about that...And didnt do to bad. I can tell after that past few days of H2H that I'm outta practice.

I was in a squad in another game and was XO for a while. QWe had 3 XO's as the squad was about 30. 3 wings....@ Flt. Leaders in each...was a huge deal for a bit...then like all things they faded away..and the CO went stupid. LOL...Had a squad in AH for a while....VF14 Ironangels.....At anyrate...I'll look you guys up....
I just want to have fun and not be in charge..LOL   See ya Up!!

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
"Is VF-17 still Recruiting?"
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2003, 05:13:05 PM »
Hey Jackal I remember your old squadron. We generally fly for the Knights but do move around to other countries occasionally. As of now we have I think 13 players in the MA and 15 or 16 in the CT. Usually we have between 7-9 who are active quite a bit and the others are on 1-2 nights a week. Some like me get caught up in trying to catch up on missing a few weeks worth of squadron work and look up and see that its 12:30 and you have to get to work by 5am...well you get the picture. Hope we can see you up soon. Drop either Arlo or I a note and we can get you hooked up with the rest of the squadron to see how you like it. We have been known to fly a "Nancy Boy" ride like the Spitfire from time to time.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline zroostr

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2003, 05:33:57 PM »
Originally posted by Reschke
We have been known to fly a "Nancy Boy" ride like the Spitfire from time to time.

specially in CT :aok

Offline VFJACKAL

• Copper Member
Now in the MA
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2003, 07:53:44 PM »
Reschke

My ID in the MA is RedTop....see you guys there:)
                             Thanks again

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2003, 06:32:30 AM »
Alright RedTop, I will be on a few nights this coming week for sure. I missed most of last week due to work and being the "on call" guy but its not my turn this week. So now I get to play a bit.
Buckshot
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2003, 06:41:55 PM »
Hey boss man, over due for a little update and for that I am most apologetic.

As you may or may not know I finished school at the end of Sept. and have basically been looking for a job since then.  I had no luck what so ever and was about to really flip out due to the bills piling up when I got a call from a company basically starting at the bottom and working my way up.  I said no problem, where do I sign?  

Needless to say my AH playing has come to a halt and after working at this job for the last 5 days it looks like I will have to take a permanent retirement package from AH.  I don't want to resign from VF-17 because I have only flown one mission and I really want to stay but on the other hand not participating with the squadron is not getting me anywhere with you guys either.  So, with that in mind I'd like to rejoin the group when I can get a set schedule and dedicate my Tues. and Thurs. nights to flying.  Is that cool with you guys?  Let me know.

PS - Hey boss, I don't have access to the VF-17 sections at checksix.net.  Otherwise I would have posted this there.  

;-)

Ya'll
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2003, 06:52:39 PM »
You may be retired from AH but you can't leave VF-17 once you join...WE'RE A CULT DUDE!

:p

Seriously its not a problem buddy. Go drop in on the message board at http://www.vf-17.org and register in the General section and we will get you access. I know that real world obligations intervene and understand. I just spent several weeks on relaxed/inactive duty (virtually) myself and I know what you mean. BTW your email address is missing from my stuff so I need you to email me with it.
Buckshot
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2003, 07:44:16 AM »
Done.
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline MajorDay

• Copper Member
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2003, 05:33:07 PM »
I smell comeback :p

Offline Phantom4

• Copper Member
Looking for a Squad
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2003, 07:19:51 PM »
Long time member VMF-323 - squad disbanded - looking for a home perfer Navy/Marine Units fly mostly Wildcat.

Offline MajorDay

• Copper Member
Re: Looking for a Squad
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2003, 08:13:53 PM »
Originally posted by Phantom4-Mag33
Long time member VMF-323 - squad disbanded - looking for a home perfer Navy/Marine Units fly mostly Wildcat.
Well, I guess you found the right place to joined VF-17......they fly any Corsair.   ;)

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2003, 08:28:47 PM »
Email sent Phantom.

Don't listen to Rafe to much he's just a little wild at times and being a former Jolly Roger its exactly what I expect from my boys when they get away from the nest. :p ;) :aok
Buckshot
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline zroostr

• Copper Member
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2003, 10:48:31 PM »
skipper? have you been over to the squad board? i left something over there and the kid in me is anxious to hear what ya think. :D

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2003, 11:41:08 PM »
I have been to both boards alot tonight. Not much time for flying as the CO just yet...PAPERWORK AND ALL THAT CRAP YOU KNOW!

I have to account for all the dang bullets ya'll are using and such. :D
Buckshot
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline zroostr

• Copper Member
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2003, 01:01:30 AM »
:lol  

wtg skipper :aok