Author Topic: Scenario Command List  (Read 2883 times)

Offline blackwitch

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.whitewitchweb.clara.co.uk
Scenario Command List
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2003, 02:46:12 PM »
Originally posted by bike killa
Let me ansewr some of them (at work now.. don't have much time)

no time for detailed answer however we will be looking more for a gaming expirience then into recreating strictly historical values. both sides have to have fun there. Something that i'd like to have accepted by both CO's

Can the bomb aimers see the ground targets at dusk?

yes. Allies knows where the tagrets are and where the flak sites are in the flak valley. LW have to use 3rd country dar controllers to track the bomb raids. It's a CO's choice about tha tactic they will use.

No cockpit DAR for LW, Sounds good :)

they will use P38's as well... we will limit the p38 usage tho. Historically 38's were used duright the battle of the ruhr but it was the earlier version. Judging from the posts about the difference between versions we see that there is no MAJOR difference that would affect things much.

So range won't be an issue for the (few) 38's

range will be the same for all frames

And will the 47's be allowed to make it to target?

fuel burn rate will be known so LW command can test the range with no problems (same as Allied command can test how long LW birds can hand up there without refualing). Depending on the targets Allies will or will not have a range to get to target.

OK, got it

It'd also depend about the routes and fuel management, engagements and so on. DT's will be required for the Allies to get colse/into a target with the fighters

OK :)

6, length of frame in hours? (3 hours please)
most likely 3 hours... buffs have to RTB and land

anything less would be too "tight" imho

no exact numbers for now as it will depend much on the registered numbers. n umber of the fighters should be equal for both sides. Fighter vs Fighter battels won't get any ponts to the sides

Hmm, OK, far enuff and thanx Bike  

Offline bikekil

• Gold Member
Scenario Command List
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2003, 04:20:46 PM »
Originally posted by blackwitch
Can the bomb aimers see the ground targets at dusk?

yes. i believe so. .targets will be marked by the mossies (many fuel tanks). Of course mossies will have to get there and mark target, but it shouldn't be that hard... everything is possible...

Offline blackwitch

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.whitewitchweb.clara.co.uk
Scenario Command List
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2003, 08:04:46 AM »
My research has revealed that the 2 P-38 FG's > 20th and 55th FG's, didn't become operational until October/November '43, isn't this a bit late for the Scenario?

ps, is there another forum where these details should be discussed?

Offline jordi

• Platinum Member
      • noseart
Scenario Command List
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2003, 08:50:13 AM »
Well if you agree to be one of the CO's . . . .

;)

We are waiting on getting  a General Ruhr Forum created.

---

I just saw your other post and replied.

Thanks for the heads up !
AW - AH Pilot 199? - 200?
Pulled out of Mothballs for DGS Allied Bomber Group Leader :)

Nose art

Offline bikekil

• Gold Member
Scenario Command List
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2003, 01:20:24 AM »
according to my info P38's WERE there :)

details in an hour!

Offline bikekil

• Gold Member
Scenario Command List
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2003, 02:19:31 AM »

Offline EsmeNhaMaire

• Copper Member
Scenario Command List
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2003, 04:08:18 PM »
Just come across this forum. I'm not volunteering for anything yet, as I'm waiting to see where the rest of KG2 want to fly.  But I'd happily help with the bits that most dont like for either side.

As for finding targets at dusk, I have a suggestion; anyone fancy setting up a H2H arena next weekend (cant do this weekend now, sorry) using, say, the France or Europe terrains, with lighting set as dark as possible.  Idea is we pick a takeoff place, pick a target, and fly the route at a constant ground speed between waypoints, and if need be, drop on timing (ie: if we cant see the target, we drop when we know we should be in the right place to make drop). repeat until we have a good idea of its viability.

I think that might help some folk get over their fears about buffing in the dark.

Anyone interested in giving this a go, email me at

esme@nocturnal.clara.co.uk

I'm on a 56K modem, so if anyone interested has broadband, better they host it than me.

Esme

Offline jordi

• Platinum Member
      • noseart
Scenario Command List
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2003, 04:35:21 PM »
One thing we will be doing is sending some PATH FINDER Bombers to MARK the target for the main bomber force for the Ruhr Scenario.
AW - AH Pilot 199? - 200?
Pulled out of Mothballs for DGS Allied Bomber Group Leader :)

Nose art

Offline 68falcon

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
      • 68th Lightning Lancers
Scenario Command List
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2003, 06:03:50 PM »
And if by chance the Path finders are destroyed before they complete there mission ?
Commanding Officer
68th Lightning Lancers
Fear the Reaper no more. Fear the Lancers

Offline bikekil

• Gold Member
Scenario Command List
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2003, 06:25:34 PM »
*if* they are all down before marking the targets it's a harder job for the buffs to make a drop. also it's a less points for the Allies at the end of the day.

Offline 68falcon

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
      • 68th Lightning Lancers
Scenario Command List
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2003, 06:46:17 PM »
:D
Commanding Officer
68th Lightning Lancers
Fear the Reaper no more. Fear the Lancers

Offline EsmeNhaMaire

• Copper Member
Scenario Command List
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2003, 06:49:47 PM »
Originally posted by jordi
One thing we will be doing is sending some PATH FINDER Bombers to MARK the target for the main bomber force for the Ruhr Scenario.

Ehehe. Aye, I know.... Mossie Mk Vis, that dont even have bombsights... :-)

Personally, I don;t doubt that a good JABOer that is up for it will be perfectly good at target marking even in a MkVI. (although a Ki67 could substitute if a bombsight-equipped plane were wanted for the Pathfinders. Similar performance to the Mossie bombers).

I was merely thinking that perhaps some test runs in H2H might help show doubters that its doable is all.  My thinking being that if the main force is confident that they can still make a fair go at the job even if the Pathfinder force fails it'll help morale.

Hmmnn.. will the Pathfinders be doing double duty as intruders harassing LW airfields as well?   And... I'm wondering if there needs to be rules against Mossies strafing ground targets at the Main Force target(because the MKIVs that wouldve been used had no guns at all). Or they could just be required to unload their gun ammo before takeoff?

Esme