Author Topic: Light at the end of the Tunnel  (Read 333 times)

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Light at the end of the Tunnel
« on: November 15, 2003, 11:40:25 AM »
or is that a train?

http://www.msnbc.com/news/992125.asp?0cv=CA01

Iraqis set to regain power by June

BAGHDAD, Iraq, Nov. 15 —   The U.S.-led occupation will end by June after the selection of transitional government, the Iraqi Governing Council said Saturday. After that, the U.S. Military status would change from an occupation force to a “military presence,” the council president said.

Offline Tarmac

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2003, 12:27:57 PM »
Still trying to decide if this is a realistic goal, or a move to reduce support for the resistance movement and bolster support in the US and world.  The timing's a bit shady.  

While I bet it's some of both, I really hope that we're out and quality of life has been restored to decent levels for the Iraqi people.

Offline AKcurly

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2003, 01:01:55 PM »
Originally posted by Tarmac
Still trying to decide if this is a realistic goal, or a move to reduce support for the resistance movement and bolster support in the US and world.  The timing's a bit shady.

If an Iraq government is formed, it will let foreign troop levels be reduced.  It will encourage Saddam to raise his head and then some obliging citizen will pop his sorry ass. :)

Regardless of press reports, the majority of Iraq citizens would mortage their souls for a chance to execute that murdering pos.

curly

Offline Tarmac

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2003, 01:10:16 PM »
I would hope so Curly.  When I said "resistance movement" I was referring to anti-american/anti-occupation forces rather than to any pro-saddam government.

Offline -Concho-

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2003, 01:21:48 PM »
Originally posted by AKcurly
If an Iraq government is formed, it will let foreign troop levels be reduced.  It will encourage Saddam to raise his head and then some obliging citizen will pop his sorry ass. :)

curly

lol  :)

Offline Shuckins

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2003, 02:48:49 PM »
A little patience is in order here, and a little perspective.  Building a new government from the ground up takes time.  The bombings are distracting the press from the fact that important progress is being made toward that goal.  So far, we have suffered fewer than 300 casualties since April.  If this were Vietnam, we would be losing a thousand a month.

While a June pullout MIGHT be a little premature, it is not an unrealistic goal.

Regards, Shuckins

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2003, 05:32:09 PM »
it's a trick by the bush-channy-halburton oil cartel to steal the iraq oil.