Author Topic: Friday November 14th  (Read 3194 times)

Offline Jester

• Gold Member
Friday November 14th
« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2003, 12:58:14 PM »
Originally posted by storch
The P40 is meat on the table to be sure, provided you can stay on target LONG ENOUGH to deliver enough ammo.

The P-40E is a very good plane if you fly it on it strength's. In fact I would say it's the "Poor Man's P-51." It has a good punch with the 6x .50 cal's and it will turn much better than most people think. If you fly it "dweebily" you are going to get your keaster handed to you every time. In the hands of a smart pilot though the Warhawk is a deadly machine.

In that fight Sunday Morning Storch with you and Norad flying 109's and 202's I landed 9 kills to 0 losses in the P-40 and I only had alt advantage one time.
Lt. JESTER
VF-10 "GRIM REAPERS"

Offline scJazz

• Copper Member
Friday November 14th
« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2003, 01:51:16 PM »
Originally posted by Jester
The P-40E is a very good plane if you fly it on it strength's. In fact I would say it's the "Poor Man's P-51." It has a good punch with the 6x .50 cal's and it will turn much better than most people think. If you fly it "dweebily" you are going to get your keaster handed to you every time. In the hands of a smart pilot though the Warhawk is a deadly machine.

An excellent pilot in a P40 against an average pilot in a 202 is going to die. Unless he has like a 3K alt advantage to start.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Friday November 14th
« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2003, 02:35:27 PM »
Originally posted by scJazz
An excellent pilot in a P40 against an average pilot in a 202 is going to die. Unless he has like a 3K alt advantage to start.

Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline TimRas

• Nickel Member
Friday November 14th
« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2003, 05:55:52 AM »
Originally posted by scJazz An excellent pilot in a P40 against an average pilot in a 202 is going to die. Unless he has like a 3K alt advantage to start.

Originally posted by Shane

Isn't this the place for a duel:

Arenas and Hosting: online Dueling Arena.
Plane Selection:
Challenger: Shane: P40
Defender scJazz:C.202.
Identical fuel.

Altitude: A max altitude must be agreed upon. This max altitude is strictly a pre-engagement restriction. This means that you are not permitted to go above this altitude until your opponents icon is visible. This is in place to keep each others energy state as equal as possible at the start of the fight.

Initial Merge: Once within icon range, the fight is considered ON and anything goes at this point with the following exceptions:

Guns may not be fired until after the first merge.

Running: Running for an extended period of time to avoid an opponent is considered a forfeit for that particular duel. If you have to ask, "Is this considered running?", then YES you are running and need to turn around and get back in the fight.

Winning a Flight: There must be a "clear winner" for each flight. Basically ... You must survive to be considered the WINNER. The following defines a winner:

pilot has received the kill message "SYSTEM: You shot down XX"
pilot is still in complete control of the aircraft
pilot has the ability to ditch his aircraft

Victory Conditions: Best 3 out of 5 flights wins the challenge. You do not have to fly all 5 flights, the first to win 3 is the overall winner.
Results and comments in CT forum.

[Addition]:
Dueling time: High Noon in Rio Bravo
Backround music: Ennio Morricone ("The Good the Bad and the Ugly")
:p
« Last Edit: November 18, 2003, 07:40:58 AM by TimRas »

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Friday November 14th
« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2003, 06:24:40 AM »
Originally posted by TimRas
Running: Running for an extended period of time to avoid an opponent is considered a forfeit for that particular duel. If you have to ask, "Is this considered running?", then YES you are running and need to turn around and get back in the fight.

:aok
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.

Offline scJazz

• Copper Member
Friday November 14th
« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2003, 07:55:21 AM »
Wow you two must be bored or something. Not only that but you must assume that a long descriptive post like...

Is going to make me lose control of my senses. Raise me to new heights of rage.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Friday November 14th
« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2003, 09:09:09 AM »
just laughing at your cluelessness-based assertion.

:aok

Offline scJazz

• Copper Member
Friday November 14th
« Reply #52 on: November 18, 2003, 11:48:53 AM »
Yes your right... you and Brady are the only people with clues. Everyone else must be wrong.

What sad little men.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Friday November 14th
« Reply #53 on: November 18, 2003, 12:40:57 PM »
*sniff sniff*

Is that an "air of superiority" mixed with the redundant aromatic aroma of egotistical arrogance? Oh yes ....  Shaneman has entered the thread riding on a snicker and tossing around the term "clueless." He's a good stick that Shaneman but he's a tad bit outa touch with reality. :D
« Last Edit: November 18, 2003, 12:49:07 PM by Arlo »

Offline TimRas

• Nickel Member
Friday November 14th
« Reply #54 on: November 18, 2003, 01:01:19 PM »
Originally posted by scJazz
Wow you two must be bored or something. Not only that but you must assume that a long descriptive post like...

Is going to make me lose control of my senses. Raise me to new heights of rage.

Jazz,
Whether the postings are long or small, the issue cannot really be settled here. Actually I agree with you, the C202 have an edge over the P-40E in dogfight. But if you make such a sweeping statement like: "An excellent pilot in a P40 against an average pilot in a 202 is going to die", I guess that you are willing to back up your opinion in a duel. Flaming in this forum is useless. My suggestion for you and Shane to duel was serious. Then maybe either of you can change his opinion.
Done with the topic.

Offline Jester

• Gold Member
Friday November 14th
« Reply #55 on: November 18, 2003, 02:03:01 PM »
ROTFLMAO @ Arlo!  :rofl
Lt. JESTER
VF-10 "GRIM REAPERS"

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Friday November 14th
« Reply #56 on: November 18, 2003, 03:47:21 PM »
Actually I'm amazed how competative the setup can be. The 202 is clearly the dominant plane in the set...BUT...it's lack of hitting power does make it tough to finish off a foe. I flew the 1st day or so Axis but numbers have kept me on allied side since then. I've had fun flying both the hurricane and P40....mostly down on the deck...had a bunch of low furballs vs 202's and won at least a few of em. P40 can hold its own with a 202...or two without much problem...if the 202 decides to get in and furball. Obviously if the 202 uses its superior performance to snipe then the p40 has little chance...but the 202 has a tough time actually getting a kill also.

azhacker

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson