Author Topic: Perk the La7  (Read 11518 times)

Offline mx22

• Zinc Member
Perk the La7
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2001, 03:21:00 PM »
I don't know which Yak9 you flying, but the one I'm in can sure turn inside of La7. :cool: Now to the list of planes that can turn inside of La you should add Seafire and Zeke. What about Ki61? I've never flown it in MA so don't know, but in general Japanese planes turn good so I assume it can turn with La7 too. What about early 109s (f4 and possible g2)? So as you see there are quiet a lot of planes that can turn with la7. In addition to that, la7s perfomance diminishes rather rapidly above 10k (it's wep is usefull only upto 8k btw). So overall it's a good plane, but far from being way too superior to others. Personally, I fly it from time to time, but still prefer Yak to it in most of the situations.

mx22

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
Perk the La7
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2001, 04:31:00 PM »
Yup
Yaks BAAAD
Nikis GOOOD
I have real trouble with yaks.
Spit Vbs can be bad too cause their loops are so tight and they can shoot out of the top of them to about 600 yard and ping ya.

People are going to have to pry themselves out of the nikis and ponys and hogs if they want to see how vulnerable a LA7 is. Even P38s put up better fights then Nikis. (course they are usually using good pre merge ACM and that makes the diff.)

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
Perk the La7
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2001, 04:33:00 PM »
if i flew the La7 i would never get shot down
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Perk the La7
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2001, 04:49:00 PM »
I would like to see several more of the current planes added to the perk plane list myself. I really have no desire to fly the TA152, or the Tempest for that matter, even though it is really a killer. The problem is that it seems to be the only killer perk plane, therefore it is the hunted perk plane. I'd like to see these planes added to the perk list at a similar price to the Hawg-C:

LA-7
N1K-2
190D9
P51-d
109G10
(yes, even the 109G10)

Give or take a few planes...

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Perk the La7
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2001, 05:06:00 PM »
Don't stop there Blair!

Let's sing a few verses of "Perk 'em all!"

;)
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Perk the La7
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2001, 05:21:00 PM »
I don't think those planes would be unrealistic perk planes considering the current plane set. I have a desire to fly a 109G10, and would burn the perk points necassary to fly it. The planes that are in the perk list now just don't seem to be enough.

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.nick-tucker.com
Perk the La7
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2001, 05:42:00 PM »
I agree with that list HB as long as they are low cost perkies...

maybe 7-12 or so...

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
Perk the La7
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2001, 06:45:00 PM »
I'll go back to my original statement when the C-hawg witchhunt was on.

Take the top ten planes for each tour, perk em. Set them at a slideing scale so that the #10 plane costs only a couple perks, and the # 1 plane costs 50 (at most) perks. (25 would be better IMO)

The biggest problem with the La-7 isn't that it's a killer like the C-hawg. Problem is it's an escape artist!
Catch me if you can guys!

;)

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Perk the La7
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2001, 07:11:00 PM »
Hmmm....

I want to ponder this over a good bellybutton scratching.

<scratches ass>

Yeah, this is the most rediculous and asinine discussion ever... well with the exception of RAM's "Wrong guy for wrong community" thread, oh and that Chog perking incident.

Don't stop now ya'll, I hear the Zero is whooping some bellybutton against most planes when flown right... perk it too!

EDIT: For such a lethal plane that does everything well, you are sure having a helluva hard time in it SpitLead...
Tour 17: spitlead has 11 kills and has been killed 15 times in the La-7.

-SW

[ 06-25-2001: Message edited by: SWulfe ]

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.terra.es/personal2/matias.s
Perk the La7
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2001, 07:22:00 PM »
Ok, lets go, my EXPENSIVE (all above Ta152) perk plane list:
1 - Yak9U
2 - La7
3 - SpitIX (over nikki cause hispanos)
4 - Nikki

All the above excels in, at least, four of the next five categories: top speed (lo/med/alt), climb, fast speed control, weapons and turning.

Perk the P51? why? it only can run (average turner but poor acceleration). Same aplicable to D9 (can run, but cant turn, poor puch power and gunnery) and 109G10 (can run but cant move when running).

For those of you thinking La7 is good only up to 10k, you are really really wrong, La7 is more than a capable fighter up to 20k.

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Perk the La7
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2001, 07:26:00 PM »
Originally posted by MANDOBLE:
3 - SpitIX (over nikki cause hispanos)

LMFAO!!!

That was funny... Hey Funked... I think they're lobbying for your 1942 Spitfire to get perked!!!

LMAO!!!

IT KILLS ME... PERK THE BASTID!!!!
-SW

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.terra.es/personal2/matias.s
Perk the La7
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2001, 07:48:00 PM »
SWulfe, as usual, I'll do a dedicated explanation for you:

In this kind of arcadish (sometimes called quake) arena, SpitIX has and edge over most of the planes.

This is not an organized air war, this is a  furball oriented MA.

Having something similar to the real war, perking Ta152 would be perfectly justified, but not here.

Offline 2Late4U

• Copper Member
Perk the La7
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2001, 07:54:00 PM »
I dont know what is the criteria to perk the planes in AH. All we know that 75% AH air batles are low level ones, where La7 has no rival. If performance is a "key" to perk planes, well, obviously having perked the Ta152 and not the La7 has no sense to me.

As stated in other threads, the LA-7 is a deadly plane....just not always deadly to the other guy.  It turns well...but not as well and spit or zero.  Any advantage in turning it has will quickly disapear in a turnfight, as it has lousey low speed handling, and departs like an undecided water buffalo.

Its fast down low, but not much more so than other fast planes, and it just plain sucks all around above 15K, and is unremarkable at 10k.  This makes bomber interception very unlikely, and means the LA-7 cannot play the hang high at 20k game.

Its real weakness is its guns.  It has a small ammo supply that cant hit crap past a distance of over 400 if you have to calculate any kind of lead.

Yea the LA-7 can be a good plane...but its no better than many others overall.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Perk the La7
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2001, 07:56:00 PM »
This thread is bound to win an award at the con for the "most incredibly stupid statements used in a  perking thread".

Now... you guys are real close to making me post the "Perk 'em all song" one more time.

Please don't make me do it......

:D
[.wav file] Police loudspeaker..
TOAD! Step AWAY from the keyboard and no one gets hurt! PUT IT DOWN![/.wav file]

[ 06-25-2001: Message edited by: Toad ]
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Perk the La7
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2001, 09:01:00 PM »
In this kind of arcadish (sometimes called quake) arena, SpitIX has and edge over most of the planes.

I'll do the likewish dedicated explanation for you.

It's not fast, a 190A5 can run it on the deck or at altitude.

If it dives after you, most planes can roll away from it and use that as their escape.

It can turn well, but bleeds energy just like the rest of them. Rope-a-dopes are a spit killer every time.

It's not by any means the fastest or even close to the fastest. It's mediocre in the speed aspect.

In a furball oriented MA, it's not about who can turn the fastest, who can roll the fastest, who holds all the cards, or who holds none.

It's about using what you were born with, your brain, to figure out strengths vs weaknesses and other trivial information and data for you to beat your opponent.

This is air-combat, not some g'damned kindergartner play ground where everything has to be "fair" so no one takes their lack of two balls and goes home.

Get real, if I didn't want a challenge I wouldn't play this game.
-SW