Author Topic: Proposal for HTC  (Read 771 times)

Offline hazed-

• Gold Member
      • http://combatarena.users.btopenworld.com
Proposal for HTC
« on: August 17, 2001, 12:51:00 PM »
Id like to ask if you would allow us to choose from an historic/enhanced gunnery model on all bombers.

I would hope that those that choose realistic guns would get slighty higher perks or something whilst those that choose to fly the bombers as they are now stay the same.

this would satisfy those that really dont agree with the extra range of bomber guns.

This would also make scenarios much fairer.Seems at the moment in the combat arena i fear a b26 more than the spit5.
their performance was making my 109f4 look old  :)

there may be some 'dweeb buff option' crap but thats all crap anyway.Id choose historic guns but able to take more hits a fairer buff.
A quote from a book on 190s(Fockewulf in action - alfred price) even quotes german pilots saying that 'on average the bombers wrecks had 20-22 20mm hits' so to me it sounds like the bombers are a little brittle if anything.  :)

if no go? thnx anyway  :D

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Proposal for HTC
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2001, 04:17:00 PM »
Originally posted by hazed-:
Id like to ask if you would allow us to choose from an historic/enhanced gunnery model on all bombers.

Valid point. In a scenario, bombers are flying in a tight box, gunnery should be historical, not main arena deadliness. Maybe HT can get around to this sometime...

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
Proposal for HTC
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2001, 04:50:00 PM »
Sounds good.  If there is any boost for bomber guns it would be nice to have a switch to turn it off for the Combat Theater or Events.

[ 08-17-2001: Message edited by: funkedup ]

Offline Mark Luper

• Silver Member
Proposal for HTC
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2001, 05:34:00 PM »
Let me get this straight, instead of using the game limiting range of 1.3 or so, you want to increase that to a realistic 2 miles or more?

Bad choice guys, buffs are too easy to shoot down as it is.

MarkAT

Keep the shiny side up!

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
Proposal for HTC
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2001, 06:10:00 PM »
get 2 or 3 b17's flying in formation. Its murder for fighters. 1 ping at high angle @ 400+ mph. I find it extremely hard to believe that 1 or 2 .50 cals that would be able to hit a plane at such speed and hi angle can rip out entire sections of an airplane.

Offline pdog_109

• Copper Member
Proposal for HTC
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2001, 09:02:00 PM »
The Me 262 IN THEROY can't be hit by gunners.
This is because its traveling so fast 523+ that the gunner turrets cannot lead enough none the less the handheld guns. Is this true?

Offline 2Late4U

• Copper Member
Proposal for HTC
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2001, 09:12:00 PM »
Originally posted by pdog_109:
The Me 262 IN THEROY can't be hit by gunners.
This is because its traveling so fast 523+ that the gunner turrets cannot lead enough none the less the handheld guns. Is this true?

no