Author Topic: Warping  (Read 1502 times)

Offline randedge

• Zinc Member
Warping
« on: November 18, 2003, 01:22:48 PM »
I understand it is frowned upon, and I would be majorly pissed off too if I'm duking it out with a guy and he just takes off on me.

However, I see it often enough used by EVERYONE to reduce transit time that I too would like to know.  Everytime I ask on the radio net, everyone just calls me a freakin' dweeb and such.  Gimme a break, I'm only in my third trial day and I'm really addicted.  
I'd like to shorten my transit trips too.

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
Warping
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2003, 01:29:07 PM »
Not possible you freakin dweeb.

smile

A warp is entirely internet related, not a game feature.  Basically the information from the bad guys PC is out of sync with the server and your machine or vice versa.  When the packet of information shows up at the server and the bad guys position is updated, it shows on your machine as a "warp".

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
Warping
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2003, 02:12:46 PM »
I've noticed my connection seems to be worse lately than it was a few months ago.  Then again, I'm more sensitive now to perfecting my shot than I was back when I was stumbling around like a dweeb.  :p

Just wait until you get a guy smoking, and the next thing you know he's sky-writing giant Z's across the sky.

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
Warping
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2003, 04:18:02 PM »
first off welcome to AH.

For the most part we are not all as insensitive & uncareing as those you seem to be running into.

No you can NOT warp from point a to point b & cut your transit time.

Warping as used in game is describing connection issues as described above.

Stop by the Training arena for some practise & help sometime.

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Warping
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2003, 03:43:10 PM »
Scotty...I need warp speed in 3 seconds or we're all dead...:rolleyes:

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline OIO

• Silver Member
Warping
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2003, 04:40:33 PM »
i think he means 'warp':

.field

command. :D

Offline NHattila

• Copper Member
Warping
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2003, 11:18:53 PM »
i think he wants "i don't wanna spend time getting alt and finding a fight, insta put me in a fight 10k over their heads." dweeb.
Atti11a

Offline zroostr

• Copper Member
Warping
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2003, 01:16:04 AM »
Originally posted by humble
Scotty...I need warp speed in 3 seconds or we're all dead...:rolleyes:

:lol

Offline bockko

• Nickel Member
      • http://groups.yahoo.com/group/blackoutboys/
Warping
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2003, 01:59:12 PM »
I understand it is frowned upon, and I would be majorly pissed off too if I'm duking it out with a guy and he just takes off on me.

sounds to me like he wants to get out of hot water, fast. in the air (in the game, not real life) your plane can only do what it can do. If you see a guy in front of you jump across the sky, that is a warp and as described above, is caused by connection issues. If you think someone is cheating, film it. If it appears EVERYONE is cheating then your eye for angles and speed need training. There is no magic command, switch, function or slider that accelerates you outside of the flight model's capability. Well, except for getting a quick trip to the tower.

Offline kj714

• Silver Member
Warping
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2003, 06:17:39 PM »
Try Alt F4

(sorry, just couldn't resist, my first one)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2003, 06:20:45 PM by kj714 »

Offline TweetyBird

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Warping
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2003, 08:56:43 PM »
The other night I was fighting a FW190 in a spit. I had a bunch of alt on it, so I wind up on its six counting down. 2.4, 2.3, .2.1 etc.
All of a sudden at about 1.5 it does a 180 vector change and is comming up to me 1.2 , 888, bam HO instant death. There was no turn, no low or high yo yo, just an instant vector change. I had no film rolling so I just blew it off as a warp, but with lingering curiousity. I head back to the same place, this time with film running. The 190 wasn't there but I found a p51. During the fight, which was two of us on the one p51, it looked like it was doing impossible angles. It did die, but after I went and looked at the film. What wasn't shown while it was going on, and was shown on the film, were 15 or so ground vehicles right below us. I have no doubt this was taxing my computer and it was producing some weird results.

So where I have no doubt that ANY game on a pc can be hacked (memory editors etc.), more often than not, its probably something else (e.g., net lag or a weak cpu). Some of the people here know the planes like the back of their hand. If someone was doing crazy stuff with the models, I have a feeling they'd be on them like gravy on rice.

Offline Flit

• Silver Member
Warping
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2003, 09:28:00 PM »
Actually, If your seeing everyone else warp, I would guess that it would be your connection that might be the problem
Check your ping when you first enter the game by looking at it when you first log on, before you pick which arena to go to

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: Warping
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2003, 01:14:50 AM »
Originally posted by randedge

However, I see it often enough used by EVERYONE to reduce transit time that I too would like to know.  

Not EVERYONE has to resort to cheating....

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline kj714

• Silver Member
Warping
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2003, 11:17:41 AM »
Hey, it's a steep learning curve to get to know the game. In a month you'll have a lot better handle on it.

Warping in the game is connection related. When you are in the game, bring up your map, click setup, click net status, your graphs should be fairly even and steady. you can keep that window open to see of you have something intermittently hogging your cpu, like anti virus software, etc. You've got to disable all that stuff to play, like Norton, Zone Alarm.

Good reading material can be found at Netaces.org. Start there and read what they've got, then follow their links to some other helpful sites.

You'll be shooting down Ack - Ack in no time!:aok

Good Luck!