Author Topic: Why not only two countries?  (Read 342 times)

Offline Paxil

• Copper Member
      • http://marathontoathens.blogspot.com
Why not only two countries?
« on: November 02, 2000, 12:28:00 PM »
Seems like only having two countries would help AH a bit... I mean... right now we only get to fly with 33% (or so) of all AH pilots in the MA, I wouldn't mind upping that to %50. I think there would be more pilots for missions and the such, and increased squadron membership. More squad mates online = more organized attacks.

Just a thought.

Last week I flew into the interesting situation of heading at two enemies... only to see that one was shooting at the other. (One field was being contested by all 3 countries) Talk about confusion. It would be nice if we are going to have 3 countries, to have a way to distinguish the two enemy countries from each other. I wonder how many times I have snuck away from two enemy dots from separate countries... thinking they were from the same. It is also kind of weird defending two fronts.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2000, 12:33:00 PM »

Originally posted by Paxil:

It is also kind of weird defending two fronts.

This is what Hitler probably thought as well!  

Offline Graywolf

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.flibble.org/~tim
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2000, 12:44:00 PM »
It is kind of odd to see too red cons shooting each other.

I can remeber dopping onto the tail of two F4Us in my Yak a few days back, thinking that it could turn out hairy is I blew the first pass and didn't get one of them, to be totally amazed at seeing the trailing one open fire on and shoot down the leader.

Only took a second to figure out what was going on, but I rarely look at the suare block to the left of the icon, and when I do I find it kind of hard to tell the difference at a glance. Might be easier if they were straight icons rather than the cut out of a square we have now (which just looks like a square at a glance).

------------------
Graywolfe <tim@flibble.org>

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2000, 03:43:00 PM »
The best thing is when you happen upon a lone Rook taking down the vehicle hangar and the ack at a Bish base all by himself.  And then he ditches to go grab a C47 to goon it, but you beat him to it and grab the base in the name of Knightlandia.  Now that's funny.  Especially when the Rook gets back and the newly refurbished Knight ack blows him out of the sky.  

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2000, 04:45:00 PM »
Now what would we do with all the branded sheep?
NUTTZ

-towd_

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2000, 07:46:00 AM »
has been brought up many times htc says they are not interested. the reasoning may be that statisticaly 3 sides are more stable than 2 . now we all know the statistics are wrong , human nature makes many people desert to the winning side and makes it a 2 on one fest 90% of the time .

but as i said htc aint interested.judging buy the number of times this has come up.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2000, 08:02:00 AM »
I think the three country scenario is much better than a two country one. I think two country one would go lopsided faster.

Eagler

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder