Author Topic: 2 monitors with different res  (Read 208 times)

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
2 monitors with different res
« on: November 23, 2003, 03:40:19 AM »
On my desk I have 2 monitors, one 17" CRT with 1024*768 res and one 19" LCD with 1280*1024 res.
The videocard that im gonna use has one analog and one dvi output. (radeon 9600XT)

Q1: Can i run both of those displays at the same time and use desktop spanning (dunno if that is the english term for it) even tho the monitors has different resolutions? or do i have to set them at the same res?

Q2: If answer to Q1 is yes... can i then play AH on the 17" CRT  or the 19" LCD while the other monitor shows my windows desktop?

If the puter was finished then i could try it myself, but i still need some parts before its complete

:)

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2003, 07:48:35 AM »
Yes you can run different resolutions on each monitor and still use desktop spanning.  You can even adjust where the smaller res monitor is in relation to the bigger one - basically, if you centered it, then you won't be able to move your mouse over to the smaller screen from the top or bottom 1" (or whatever depending on res diff and monitor sizes) of the bigger screen.

Whether or not you can use it in AH depends on your system, I think.  I used to be able to have two monitors up and running while playing AH.  One playing the game and the other showing my desktop / roger wilco / mp3 player, but recently AH hasn't been liking it.  I have to disable my second monitor before I go into AH.
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2003, 08:06:22 AM »
rgr, thx SOB :)