Author Topic: Why the Raiders stink  (Read 789 times)

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
Why the Raiders stink
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2003, 10:45:32 AM »
Originally posted by Dune
We stink.

:(

It might be a good time to try to land a solid college coach. As mentioned above, next years draft is said to be a very deep one. When Dallas built their dynasty of the 90's, is was not just the Herschel Walker trade itself(Vikings got robbed). It was the fact that dallas did not waste those picks(like the Pats did when they got all those picks from the jets for Parcells).

Jimmy Johnson came into that draft having the benefit of not only seeing the talent in the draft on film, but also having game planned for alot of them as coach of Miami. They scored in the draft and the rest is history.

Maybe trade away some of the older players, acquire some 3rd through 7th round picks, anything to get those extra picks. Even if you don't use the picks, you can make them more valuable. A 4th and 5th rounder can be a 3th and 4th next year, maybe packaged for a 2nd rounder next year. Maybe packaged to move up to the 3rd in this years draft.

The Patriots went into last years draft with 13 picks. They used 10 and came away with an extra 1st and 2nd rounder in next years draft. Sweet.

I know this would be rebuilding, but rebuilding does not have to mean losing. The Patriots won a superbowl while rebuilding.
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline Makofan

• Copper Member
Why the Raiders stink
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2003, 08:34:11 PM »
The most interesting thing about the Chargers and Raiders is when they play the last game of the season against each other.  Here's hoping for Doug Flutie vs Rob Johnson in a grudge match :)

Offline FUNKED1

• Platinum Member
      • http://soldatensender.blogspot.com/
Why the Raiders stink
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2003, 08:55:42 PM »
Could be a critical game for draft position.  Go Bolts!

Offline Charon

• Gold Member
Why the Raiders stink
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2003, 11:33:55 AM »
Thank god for the Raiders, Steelers, Jags, Chargers, Lions, Falcons and Cardinals.

Charon