Author Topic: aircraft factorys in aces high?  (Read 1941 times)

Offline Magoo

• Copper Member
aircraft factorys in aces high?
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2003, 01:36:08 PM »
I don't see the difference between the strat we have now and the same system WITH a spit factory (or whatever...). If you bomb strat targets now, you affect the gameplay so what's the big deal? It doesn't have to be easy to do, it should take a major coordinated effort to take out an aircraft factory (and it does work both ways when your side is losing). We have such a large choice of planes in AH that it should work out even better than it did in AW. It would end up being more of a punitive goal than a real strategic goal..."U B*stards! I bombed your N1K2 factory!"

The plane could still be available but in limited numbers and hence cost a predetermined perk value if the factory is only partialy destroyed.

Hail, put up a factory for everything and install lots of flak and AA at each one. You want it dead? Pay the price. If the bad guys are killin your spit factory instead of base captures, retake your ground while they're busy. Sounds like it would work to me.

Hey, most of you know I'm a furballer & cherry picker but this idea would get me "Strattin'"

It's all a matter of where you want to draw the line on affecting gameplay. If your against an aircraft factory you might as well be for NO strat and no capture - just up and start furballing. Neither is bad, just trying to make a point here...

Magoo
A bandit on your six is better than no bandit at all!

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2003, 01:41:40 PM »
That's a nice idea, Magoo.

Worth repeating:

A an aircraft factory is damaged the perk cost to fly the plane is supplies rises until it is either cost prohibitive, or the plane is completely unavailable.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2003, 01:55:53 PM »
This sounds like a great idea ... for ...

[size=8]AH II : TOD[/size]

I really hope the HT types his fingers bloody after the holiday season so that AH II can be introduced to prime time and TOD will follow shortly there after.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2003, 02:07:03 PM »
so each country would have like 50-100 different factories?   one for each aircraft, fluff and vehicle?
lazs

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2003, 02:16:25 PM »
I don't think so. I would say 5 factories..maybe 10 at most.

Have it so the attackers do not know what the factory produces until it is partially destroyed.

I would say have it be random so we don't have one group of players constantly being denied their favorite ride.

So the same factory on Monday may build M-3's and on tuesday, by random selection, it produces Mustangs.

Geez, imagine what would happen if a country lost it's Goon and M3 Factories for 24 hours....

Offline Magoo

• Copper Member
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2003, 02:19:23 PM »
Alright Lazs2, so I got a little carried away

I'll settle for 5-10 initially. But eventually I figure we gots to have a ball bearing factory too;)

Magoo
A bandit on your six is better than no bandit at all!

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2003, 02:27:46 PM »
I think what the debate comes down to is that some folks want a recreation of WWII with an emphasis on the air war, while other folks simply want an Air Combat game using WWII aircraft.

Neither side is right or wrong. They just want different things, and they both want AH to fulfill their desires.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2003, 02:33:50 PM »
ok... say it's random... why should anyone know what got destroyed?   The country would know because that would be unavailable.

course.... none of this ever happened in real life....

I don't like the idea at all.... this punish by slow death thing sucks.... AH is a game of.. whatever country has the numbers can pretty much do as they want... giving said country even more advantages is even more luducrus than what we have now...

see my idea for strat for something workable.

lazs

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2003, 02:34:16 PM »
Originally posted by muckmaw
I think what the debate comes down to is that some folks want a recreation of WWII with an emphasis on the air war, while other folks simply want an Air Combat game using WWII aircraft.

Neither side is right or wrong. They just want different things, and they both want AH to fulfill their desires.

Absolutely right Muck ... and I believe that HT is marching to that goal with ...

AH II :Classic and AH II : Tour of Duty
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2003, 02:58:04 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
Absolutely right Muck ... and I believe that HT is marching to that goal with ...

AH II :Classic and AH II : Tour of Duty

I don't know if AHII TOD is going to fit the bill, but then again, how much do we really know about it?

It could be nirvana, or it could be the death knell for many AH players.

I hear alot of "I'm waiting until AH2 comes out" grumblings.

Bottom line, the people who like the game as it is now will most likely be even happier when TOD comes out.

The people who are pining for something more than dogfighting with either move to the TOD arena, or cancel their subscriptions all together.

No matter what, nothing we say or do here is going to be implimented as HTC is devoting 100% of their energy into AHII.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2003, 03:18:57 PM »
I was thinking AH TOD was going to be for the realism nazis and strateegery gurus.

Now, given the gameplay in the MA, I'm thinking it may be the ONLY place to find a decent fight in a reasonable amount of time.

It could go either way; hard to tell which faction it will appeal to the most at this point.

So, I'm waiting for AH2 TOD.  ;)
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2003, 03:44:40 PM »
My impression of TOD is that people looking for instant gratification are going to be somewhat disappointed... that is if HTC models strat realistically.

This idea has nothing to do with realism.  It is a gamey feature at best.  It's the equivelant to enabling fuel to be reduced across a country simply by hitting the fuel factory.

MiniD

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2003, 03:52:53 PM »
Well, if TOD is going to feature automatic missions that actually have goals/victory conditions for each side, then I'd expect some hot fighting to occur.

This _may_ appeal to me more than what I currently see in the MA.

Time will tell.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2003, 04:49:09 PM »
Latter AW3 maps always had bugs around the spit factory thing.....mostly it was disabled............ I always thought it was a pity it was only spits...............

There is one significant difference re AW strat and AH strat.

In AW you could directly capture strat facilities and they would produce for your side. In AH this only happens when you capture a zone master field. Hence in AH strat is still aquired only by attacking air bases and vehicle bases.

IE in AH you capture fields to gain strat advantage. In AW you captured strat to help capture fields.
Ludere Vincere

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2003, 06:44:26 PM »
there would be TWO factories: 1--takes out all heavy bombers...SECOND: ALL dweeb (LA7, niki, spit9) planes--make em as deep as HQ ....CANT believe there arent folks out there who dont like knockin out dweeb planes;
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/