Author Topic: Missing Girl in S. Dakota - Moral Dilema?  (Read 3179 times)

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
Missing Girl in S. Dakota - Moral Dilema?
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2003, 11:16:53 PM »
Originally posted by GScholz
Where do you draw the line?

Perverted crime #2.
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline mrblack

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2003, 01:27:20 AM »
Originally posted by SOB
You would be correct in that assumption.  While I could see leniency on the first offense with some special circumstances, once he did it again he made it clear he's not fit to live among the rest of us.

OMG!!

We agree on something:aok

Offline Silat

• Gold Member
Sodium Pentathol
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2003, 02:24:29 AM »
Sodium Pentathol

:D
+Silat
"The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them." — Maya Angelou
"Conservatism offers no redress for the present, and makes no preparation for the future." B. Disraeli
"All that serves labor serves the nation. All that harms labor is treason."

Offline davidpt40

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2003, 02:43:03 AM »
Shes already dead.  No doubt about it.

Offline Tuomio

• Nickel Member
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2003, 03:01:17 AM »
I like the idea of using drugs to get into the head of suspect in these kinds of situations when there is good case of finding the victim alive within limited time. Thats because if somebody else shows up guilty, as it will happen eventually on some similar case, no physical harm has been done to the innocent suspect. So big no to the torture, couple of nutcases dont give enough reason to start using medieval questioning techniques. Its whole another issue whether he should have been jailed for life in previous cases, it still doesent give any right to start torturing him. He is not guilty for the shortcomings of juridical justice.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Re: Missing Girl in S. Dakota - Moral Dilema?
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2003, 03:19:47 AM »
Originally posted by Dune
Suspect in Dru Sjodin's disapperance is talking with police.

Question: You have a girl who has been kidnapped and perhaps sexually abused.  She is missing.  She may be dead, or perhaps she's tied up somewhere.  The police have the man they believe did the crime (for the moment let's even forget he has an extensive history of sexual crimes).  If she's alive, she might not be after too long with cold weather and possibly no food or water.

So, what steps do you take to find out where she is?  Mind you, there is no conviction/certain proof your suspect knows at all.  But you think he does.  What do you do to try and save her life before she starves to death in some closet somewhere?

The real question is how did I get her? How did she end up in my closet? After all, I'm not the kidnapper/assaulter. I mean .. if I find her (dead or alive), calling the police right away sounds like the best bet.

The next part is kinda confusing ... because if I have her (especially if she's tied up ... or worse ... :() then I should be able to easily keep track of her. If the suspect they have in custody knows her location then time is certainly of the essense and I better contact the police before he says anything so I don't appear to be an accessory. Then again, things already look suspicious. After all, she somehow ended up in my closet, that certainly looks bad.

If she's alive I would definately feed her and make sure she's warm and safe if it appears that she's hungry and cold. Especially since she could then help prove my innocence. Her being dead, however, could be a real problem.

Offline SaburoS

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2003, 03:53:47 AM »
Originally posted by mrblack
The stunninghunk Is a product Of our courte system!
Appeals and paroles.
they Have known that there was an80 to90% chance he would be a repete offender.
So why In Gods name was he ever set free?

So in there lies the issue.

It Is stuff like this that makes me glad I have no kids.
Being a parent In these times must be hard.

Don't know really, but sometimes a reason given is jail overcrowding for early releases. Many people are for new jails except for two things:
1) Increased taxes.
2) Location. No one wants a prison built in their county for the loss in property values.
Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death.... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. ... Bertrand Russell

Offline SLO

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2003, 07:25:28 AM »
hmm interesting....

If it is him...his background SEEMS to point to a NON-aggressive rapist...meaning he doesn't kill his victims after the rape....did he use the same methods as previous times...not answered...anymore victims of rape in that sector?....not answered.

But he just came out of jail....20 years in there plays funny on a mans brain function....

EVIDENCE....non found....only circumstantial

but a criminal profiler will find the fact that he asked to stay INSIDE on the same level as OJ Simson running in his vehicle.....GUILT....the journalist interprets this as a safety issue....it is NOT....there close and he knows it.

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2003, 08:37:10 AM »
Right.. a non aggressive... RAPIST.  Makes a lot of sense to me.  Ok, not really.

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2003, 09:16:56 AM »
Get off your self-riteous soapbox Gsholz and quit putting words into people's mouths.
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2003, 09:35:05 AM »
Seriously, I'm sorry you're a tool.  I would certainly not want to see you executed for this, as I'm sure therapy would help.
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Dune

• Silver Member
      • http://www.352ndfightergroup.com/
« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2003, 10:44:56 AM »
Based on the law as it stands, I would seriously have to consider a plea agreement whereby if he tells where she is and she is found alive, he gets a walk on the kiddnapping and other possible charges.

He's going to be in deep trouble with violating his probation anyway and I think that saving the life of this girl is worth it.  However, is she is not alive, all bets are off.

Offline myelo

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2003, 11:24:12 AM »
Originally posted by GScholz
(chemical interrogation is torture

No it’s not. Administering thiopental (or related short-acting barbiturates) does not cause extreme physical or emotional distress, the usual definition of torture. In fact, these same drugs are used for anesthesia during medical procedures.
myelo
Bastard coated bastard, with a creamy bastard filling

Offline krazyhorse

• Nickel Member
« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2003, 12:01:28 PM »
DRUG him to save the get the info and save the girl(then  court let him out for violation of his rights) then family mebers beat the crap out of him and to label him a pervert they tatoo GSchols on his forhead .:mad:

Offline SLO

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2003, 12:17:44 PM »
Originally posted by Urchin
Right.. a non aggressive... RAPIST.  Makes a lot of sense to me.  Ok, not really.

do you know anything about criminal profiling Urchin....from what you wrote...I don't think you do.

lemme show you the difference.....

1 who rapes, beats, mutilate....that would be a violent rapist....1 you should now is TED BUNDY....he had a very bad HATE DISORDER concerning women....another is Mr.X(or the monster of Russia)....he raped, beat, and mutilated young girls and boys genitilias.

1 who rapes but lets the victim live...is a NON-Aggressive rapist....lots of these around...just look at all the rape charges goin around with professional athletes.

hope you understand what I meant now:aok