Author Topic: Read it and think about it....  (Read 1521 times)

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
Read it and think about it....
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2003, 11:00:43 AM »
Oh no... now Funked has gone beetle... what's next, optical ilusions ?

Edit: Ok I have to admin I read it all this time, ... not as bad as i thought when I only browsed it... kinda makes sense... if a little chest thumping.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2003, 11:06:22 AM by Saintaw »
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2003, 11:01:29 AM »
Wow... pretty amazing nobody sees anything in that thread that can threaten anyone.  I really wonder who is and is not reading it.

Everyone wants to hear that it's everyone else's fault.  The majority blaming the minority is even better... since the majority can control the vote.  Hitler figured this out and rallied a nation around it.  Just look at all the good things that came from it.

MiniD

Offline FUNKED1

• Platinum Member
      • http://soldatensender.blogspot.com/
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2003, 11:06:42 AM »
lol

Offline Mark Luper

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2003, 11:08:05 AM »
Heater,
I've seen this before and I beleive it pretty much sums up my feelings on the subjects mentioned. Thanks for the reminder.
MarkAT

Keep the shiny side up!

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2003, 11:10:43 AM »
Originally posted by Rude
..nothing said in that post should threaten anyone,

I have the right "NOT" to be tolerant of others because they are different, weird, or tick me off

No danger there!

:rolleyes:

Offline FUNKED1

• Platinum Member
      • http://soldatensender.blogspot.com/
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2003, 11:11:22 AM »
OK maybe except for that one little part.

Offline Torque

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2003, 11:14:55 AM »
er...followed by..."GET OVER IT!!! WAKE UP WHILE YOU STILL HAVE A COUNTRY TO WAKE UP TO"

This guy must be building crosses and buying extra pillow cases.:aok

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2003, 11:54:09 AM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
No danger there!

:rolleyes:

Big difference between an individual not accepting what he may feel is wrong and acting on those feelings in a way which could be hurtful....dontcha think?

Why do liberals feel that everyone must accept their viewpoints in order to be tolerant? Why can't an individual hold their own belief without being labeled intolerant by the left....seems kind of intolerant to me.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2003, 11:56:35 AM by Rude »

Offline SaburoS

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2003, 11:59:11 AM »
Originally posted by FUNKED1
When the going gets tough, the Left goes Ad Hominem.

LOL. Oh that's right, the "Right wingers" here never resort to Ad Hominem attacks. That's just plain "redikulous." :rolleyes:
Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death.... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. ... Bertrand Russell

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2003, 11:59:43 AM »
Originally posted by Mini D
Wow... pretty amazing nobody sees anything in that thread that can threaten anyone.  I really wonder who is and is not reading it.

Everyone wants to hear that it's everyone else's fault.  The majority blaming the minority is even better... since the majority can control the vote.  Hitler figured this out and rallied a nation around it.  Just look at all the good things that came from it.

MiniD

Now you have a problem with the majority vote?

The Hitler reference is a little extreme....common from the left....still extreme.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2003, 12:01:04 PM »
Sounds to me like you're being intolerant of the people who don't want to tolerate the intolerance of the intolerant people who want to be intol....

nevermind

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2003, 12:02:28 PM »
To me it just seemed like a bunch of mildly racist platitudes.

Offline SaburoS

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2003, 12:02:38 PM »
Originally posted by Mini D

MiniD

Right on!!  ~S~!!!
Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death.... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. ... Bertrand Russell

Offline SaburoS

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2003, 12:08:17 PM »
Now you have a problem with the majority vote?

The Hitler reference is a little extreme....common from the left....still extreme.

There's a problem with majority votes when it reinforces fanatical extremism. MiniD was giving you an example of only one situation of where democracy went bad. Hitler didn't gain power on his own. He victimized the Jewish citizens for all of Germany's problems.... Need I go on?

BTW, why the need to blame the "liberals" for seemingly every other thread?

Care to actually name ANY "liberals" here that fall under your classification...or do you just like the Ad Hominem style?

Hmmm, according to Funked, you must be a "liberal" ;)

Offline SaburoS

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2003, 12:11:41 PM »
Why do liberals feel that everyone must accept their viewpoints in order to be tolerant? Why can't an individual hold their own belief without being labeled intolerant by the left....seems kind of intolerant to me.

Name the "right wing conservatives" here that are tolerant of liberal viewpoints. Kind of works both ways, no?