Author Topic: Missing Girl in S. Dakota - Moral Dilema?  (Read 3321 times)

Offline 1K0N

• Nickel Member
Missing Girl in S. Dakota - Moral Dilema?
« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2003, 12:50:36 PM »
Scare him into confession with a potential life confined in the same room with Linda Tripp

Offline miko2d

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2003, 07:44:20 PM »
capt. apathy: it helps law abiding citsens by discouraging unlawful searches.

True. But an illegal search is just a (major) inconvenience to a law-abiding citizen. To a criminal it's get out of jail card. Very assymetric.

so throwing out illegaly obtained evidence is the only way to discourage these violations.

By punishing those who have not commited the illegal search (the past and future victims of the criminal) but not those who are guilty of it - the errant cops?
 How is it supposed to discourage anythyng?

idealy they would charge police when they do ilegal searches

Right. Charge them with breaking and entering just like any other illegal intruder and

miko

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2003, 07:51:01 PM »
Originally posted by SLO
do you know anything about criminal profiling Urchin....from what you wrote...I don't think you do.

lemme show you the difference.....

1 who rapes, beats, mutilate....that would be a violent rapist....1 you should now is TED BUNDY....he had a very bad HATE DISORDER concerning women....another is Mr.X(or the monster of Russia)....he raped, beat, and mutilated young girls and boys genitilias.

1 who rapes but lets the victim live...is a NON-Aggressive rapist....lots of these around...just look at all the rape charges goin around with professional athletes.

hope you understand what I meant now:aok
Don't be a handsomehunk:
She said that in 1980 she was less than a block from her home there when Rodriguez approached and asked for directions.
       “When I told him that he must be on the wrong street, then he turned and came in front of me and he pulled a knife,” Whalen said. “He said ’get in the car or I’ll kill you.’ I reached out with my left hand, I was going to hit him or push him or something, and then he stabbed me in the left elbow and in the stomach and ran to his car, and I ran home.”
What about that situation says "non-agressive"?

MiniD

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2003, 08:28:46 PM »
Anyone who thinks rape is not aggressive or violent is sadly mistaken.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline SLO

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2003, 07:48:25 AM »
sorry mini-d....didn't see that in original article...your qoute that is.

and the don't be a handsomehunk comment is for what exactly....missing something there....from the original article they did not post his background....guess you researched more just so you can call someone a handsomehunk or what.

Maverick....goes to show you know nothing of criminal profiling.....

example : a drunk student(girl) gets raped while she is completly  

knocked out from booze....the agressor DID NOT beat her.....DID  

NOT perform any violence on her(exept of course the rape

itself) target of oppurtunity for a rapist....no agression no

violence.....hence your theory gets flushed.

hope this makes you understand what I meant :aok

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2003, 11:29:42 AM »
I think rape should have conditional penalties much like murder.  I think that any second rape where absolute proof was available should result in life in prison or death.    Rape affects all of us in the ripples it causes.  It ruins lives and those lives ruin lives.   We really can't afford to have these predators loose and attacking the most helpless..

course now women owning and training with handguns is up 66% in the U.S.   this is a statistic of great concern to the anti gun crowd since women and womenly men have allways been their staunchest supporters allong with some traumatized burn outs.   If the lose the womens backing they know they will lose the womenly mens backing.

lazs

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2003, 11:33:53 AM »
SLO... I don't know much about profiling, and actually don't think any really does any more since it's been pretty ineffective in most big cases for the last 3 years... but I do know this...

You don't go into "profiling" discussions based on one sentance... criticizing everyone that can see 3 rapes as being agressive simply because you didn't see text that said what you feel it should.

To be honest... everyone else was hitting the "profiling" right.  You were as far off as they get.  The fact that it only became relevant later is a moot point.  You were wrong then, you're wrong now.

MiniD

Offline Nordalin

• Zinc Member
« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2003, 11:51:24 AM »
they invented the rack for something...

Offline Dune

• Silver Member
      • http://www.352ndfightergroup.com/
« Reply #53 on: December 06, 2003, 03:21:41 PM »
Miko, as someone in the field of criminal justice, I have to completely disagree with your idea.  One of the central tennants of the Constitution is being secure in your home and in our persons.  You cannot have a system where the police are allowed to use illegally gained evidence.  You will create fishing expeditions.  The best way to prevent the police from overstepping their authority is to prevent them from using the very thing that led them to overstep.  Before a person is deprived of their liberty, even for as short as time as an investigation, there must be enough evidence to warrant it.  

If the police come into my house even though I've done nothing wrong, that is not an inconveinence, that is a violation of my rights as an American.  More than you could, I understand the frustration that sometimes accompanies working within the system as it stands.  However, in a million years I would not want yours.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: December 06, 2003, 09:44:43 PM »
Originally posted by SLO
DID  

NOT perform any violence on her(exept of course the rape

itself)

You still don't get it, and I doubt you ever will. At least you acknowledged that rape is in fact violence. Perhaps if it happened to one in your family you would understand it. Note that I am not advocating it, just that perhaps you need a reality check here.

Please also note that in none of my posts have I used the term criminal profiling directly or indirectly.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown