Author Topic: 1995 collisions: Truck Convoys  (Read 479 times)

Offline OLtos

• Zinc Member
1995 collisions: Truck Convoys
« on: December 07, 2003, 10:22:55 AM »
Greetings,

Took off from A1 in an M3.  Found a road leading to the town and points beyond.  While driving that road I met a convoy of trucks coming the other way and rammed them head on.

This produced some very unexpected results.  I expected to either 1.) Stop, like when I run into trees, buildings and sudden changes in incline, or 2.) be instantly killed in a horrific head on collision.  Neither happened.  Instead it looked for all the world like the trucks just plowed right under me bouncing me all over the tops of their canvas covers!  And, the trucks just continued to motor on like I never was there at all.  

Another bad effect of this collision was that once the trucks left I did not quit bouncing! Instead I just sat where I was shaking and bouncing in the middle of the road.  

This result of collisions may have its roots in old Aces High code.  I have had similar events take place when my landing gear on my airplane collapses or if I drive into the cellar of a blown up building.   The real headache is that in many instances the only way to get out of the mess is to and close the game out.  This is because the game won't let you end flight while you are moving and when bouncing like that the game engine sees you as moving.  Doesn't always happen quite like that, but it does happen with a certain frequncy.