Author Topic: Friday's set up........  (Read 8933 times)

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
Friday's set up........
« Reply #120 on: December 11, 2003, 09:46:18 PM »
Thanks Brady.

That is just what I was looking for. :)
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Friday's set up........
« Reply #121 on: December 12, 2003, 12:26:31 AM »
Based on what I've seen the setup is balanced about as well as anyone could hope for. If you're experiences haven't been the same then I'm sorry that other people haven't enjoyed it as much as I have, but I can only call 'em like I see 'em.

The set up is close to being as good as it gets for PAC. The decrease in fleet hardness while making SBs harder to take out, along with having the fleet respawn several sectors out is the hang up. Why Brady refuses to adjust either one or the other is beyond me. A simple fix would satisfy most of us. It seems he takes any and as suggestions as whines and dismisses anything people have to say about his set ups as a personel attack. Which is becoming the case due to the frustration factor. He could alieviate some of this but he refuses to budge. That along with his attitude of "F'k off" and "go fly the MA" makes you wonder if he is no longer suited for his position as a staffer. Dig up any thread on PAC and its the same old song and dance. Long drawn out threads(arguments) with no problems solved,no comprimises made, no attempts of any kind at common ground. Some guys post in haste and anger which only hampers any positive progress, Im guilty as anyone at times. I try not too anymore but what can I say? I dont wish for Brady to be removed because  I think he enjoys his position, and the guy is a wealth of information. I dont think he's a bad guy. But there is a problem and the bad is outweighing the good right now. I doubt any of us think the staffers should change set ups any time a player feels something is off, and no one disputes the work they put into their set ups. But his apparent refusal to to listen to players input in anyway is bull****. While Arlo and Shane give people alot of grief on here, the make very valid points aswell.(you too Jazz:D ) This is our  arena, all of us. Not personal sanbox we have the privlage to play in. Brady needs to work with the players or hit the road. I'd rather him just work it out. Which brings up another question. Why does he even mess with a PAC set up when time after time we have the same problems? Is it a " Ill show them" thing? Makes no sense and saps the fun out of this game at times.

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
Friday's set up........
« Reply #122 on: December 12, 2003, 01:54:36 AM »
Normal MA setings for SB's would require two planes to kill them (given the present allied set up), Curently the larger Hardness seting requires Two planes to hit the target with all their ordance, about the only real diferance is that the planes nead make accurate drops.
  The only real impact this higher seting has is if the CV comander wants to run his ships up on shore without having had air assests take them out, somthing easly done. I dont want the CV's parked on the beach with their ack envelope over the airfield, it's bad for game play and the ships dont nead to be this close to launch LVT's. The higher seting means if the gun is up a gunner has a good chance in a dual with a CA gunner to sink the primary ship(S) in the TF. the TF's have like 4 to  times as many ships as a normal MA fleat does BTW.
 Heck the Allies dont even nead to use their CV's for thsi they have a 4 CA felat they can use.

Ship hardness is half that of the MA, but the best load any Japanese plane can cary (other than a Peggy) is 1K of bombs, so were talking 4 Japanese planes (George or Tony) in a sucide Jabo run to sink a CV, if we were at MA normal setings it would take the same number of Allied planes to do the same thing.
  Shure you could use a Peggy formation but not all their bombs will ever hit a CV. Most Peggys kill CV with torps, at half hardness it takes two as aposed to three torps to sink a CV.

The Fleats on this map enjoy the most intense ack on any of our maps we use in the CT.

I realy dont think any of the complaints about these settings are anything more than a bunch of whines, givien the Japanese capabalitys and the Allied ones, they seam prety lame imo.

Yes the same handfull of folks complaine about them each time the set up is ran and each time I explaine this and that and each time we reach the same impass. My goal is to creat a balanced and viable set up for each side. Whats yours? Every seting and plane choice as a consequence, the old yen and yang thing. I see many of these complaints by the same folks and see the same agendas, regreatably many of which are less than fully objective ones.

I will say this though, as much of a royal pain as this is at times I want you all to list any objections any of you ever have on any of my set up's, I want to hear them, I am not above making a mistake or two, the present set has had three magor changes to it over the time of it's running, one Wildcats were enabled at all bases(they were only on the CV's), two, The B26 was added (set up before this one), VH hardness was increased to 5K (second set up).
      Now try and bear this in mind, if you object to somthing I do in a set up and I respond to it, and dont agree with you, then tuff tittys, it aint personal, I have to make these deshions as a staffer, every staffer does.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Friday's set up........
« Reply #123 on: December 12, 2003, 02:06:23 AM »
The only real impact this higher seting has is if the CV comander wants to run his ships up on shore without having had air assests take them out, somthing easly done. I dont want the CV's parked on the beach with their ack envelope over the airfield, it's bad for game play and the ships dont nead to be this close to launch LVT's.

Unless you happen to feel like taking over the fleet, parking it on the beach and poping guys as they up, in the meantime you get the enire fleet wasted and sent back to the spawn point. If thats your idead of gameplay then you do need to go.

I realy dont think any of the complaints about these settings are anything more than a bunch of whines, givien the Japanese capabalitys and the Allied ones, they seam prety lame imo.

Ever think you could be wrong? Stupid question.:rolleyes:

. I see many of these complaints by the same folks and see the same agendas, regreatably many of which are less than fully objective ones.

What do you think our "agenda" is? Taking your precious sandbox away?

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
Friday's set up........
« Reply #124 on: December 12, 2003, 02:53:42 AM »
"Unless you happen to feel like taking over the fleet, parking it on the beach and poping guys as they up, in the meantime you get the enire fleet wasted and sent back to the spawn point. If thats your idead of gameplay then you do need to go. "

Bases nead to be taken thats the objective, if a cordanated atack ocures and the fleat get's their they take down the defensies and take the base then so be it.

"Ever think you could be wrong? Stupid question"

Shure I do, that why I said above I want you all to coment, and thats why I pointed out three different things that I had wrong when I first made the set up. How about you could "you" be wrong?

"What do you think our "agenda" is? Taking your precious sandbox away?"

You cant take my sand box away, since it's not mine to begine with. Most of the issues posted above have more to do with shortsided singlemindedness and personal agendas that have nothing to do with creatring a good and balanced playing field. If they had anything to do with the later than they would fall into the catagory of the amanded setings this set up has had since inception.

So Slash Just what do you want? I Know what Arlo want(h!ll I can even respect his want's) I know what Jazz want's, heck he asked so nicely I told him what to do with it, just what do you want?

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
This is getting just a bit too ugly
« Reply #125 on: December 12, 2003, 08:10:16 AM »
Remember, folks - whether you're in the "my way or the highway" crowd or the "hey, you work for me" bunch - this is a game, a game which in the CT is generally played among friends.  I'll bet that most of us would prefer to sacrifice something on the game end and keep the friend part intact.  I would.  I'm not sure that this conversation is headed that direction.

- oldman

Offline skernsk

• Platinum Member
Friday's set up........
« Reply #126 on: December 12, 2003, 08:51:22 AM »
Why does he even mess with a PAC set up when time after time we have the same problems?

Well I would expect that it is so as not to ignore a very LARGE and historic theatre of WW2.  If we are to one day have a full PAC planeset we need to show interest in it and work with it.

I am not going to read through post after post of people arguing their points.  Brady and company put on a new show for us every week - undoubtedly some will not like it.  

Pacific events in general are the most challenging to set-up and create because the USN side has so many different planes that outperform, outgun and outbomb the IJN.  Sure it is historical to have every bloo plane in the set-up against a few IJN choices but how fun is it??

The last point is that some of you view the CT staff as a group trying to rule Aces High.  Some people view the CM group in the same light.  To that end I would like to say .. those that feel that way just 'don't get it' and probably never will.  For that reason you will have them repeatedly complaining, and attempting to undermine your work.

Because the people complaining don't get their way they feel like they are personally attacked.  The great thing about the CT is that the set-up can be adjusted if need be.  

So for now 'shut up and fly' and a little advice for a few of you.  If you want to make a point and really care about the result perhaps using manners and discussing like an adult might help....

Offline Tuck

• Copper Member
      • http://hometown.aol.com/tuck0006/
Friday's set up........
« Reply #127 on: December 12, 2003, 11:08:53 AM »
oh...yah!  why sure dere!  that'll shut 'em up, eh?

:D

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Friday's set up........
« Reply #128 on: December 12, 2003, 12:26:11 PM »
Originally posted by Tuck
oh...yah!  why sure dere!  that'll shut 'em up, eh?

:D

Hey ... ain't you supposed to be on sabbatical whacking your crotch with a baseball bat this "coming" week anyway? :D

Offline skernsk

• Platinum Member
Friday's set up........
« Reply #129 on: December 12, 2003, 02:27:20 PM »
Originally posted by Arlo
Hey ... ain't you supposed to be on sabbatical whacking your crotch with a baseball bat this "coming" week anyway? :D

what?  :confused: :eek:

ROFL!!

Offline scJazz

• Copper Member
Friday's set up........
« Reply #130 on: December 12, 2003, 02:36:56 PM »
Originally posted by brady
[BI know what Jazz want's, heck he asked so nicely I told him what to do with it, just what do you want? [/B]

Brady I got tired of asking nicely when dealing with you. Instead of being nice I tried raw unadulterated math, that didn't work either. I've noted in earlier posts that you either don't know what your talking about, can't remember what you said, or your using the CM position to stroke your ego. You sure as hell aren't listening to anything but the voices in your head.

BTW it takes 2 or 3 JABO units to kill a MA CV not 4.

ooIoo

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
Friday's set up........
« Reply #131 on: December 12, 2003, 02:57:05 PM »
I'll bet that most of us would prefer to sacrifice something on the game end and keep the friend part intact. I would. I'm not sure that this conversation is headed that direction.
Friendship is often the sacrificial lamb to pride.

I have often found that members of the community who I have respected in the past (and still do in some ways) must separate civility and difference of opinion. If they don’t agree with you they are no longer able to be civil. Unfortunate, but true.
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Friday's set up........
« Reply #132 on: December 12, 2003, 03:39:32 PM »
Well I would expect that it is so as not to ignore a very LARGE and historic theatre of WW2. If we are to one day have a full PAC planeset we need to show interest in it and work with it.

Oh, I get it now. Maybe we should form a development group for PAC set ups so we can get the most from what have to work with?

I am not going to read through post after post of people arguing their points.

Yeah, why bother. Its easier to make assumptions that anyone who disagrees with a staffer is a whiner with no valid points.

The last point is that some of you view the CT staff as a group trying to rule Aces High. Some people view the CM group in the same light. To that end I would like to say .. those that feel that way just 'don't get it' and probably never will. For that reason you will have them repeatedly complaining, and attempting to undermine your work.

Yes, again assume that "we" (the bad people) are against the whole CT staff and work day and night to undermine their work. This not reading every post works well for you doesnt it?

So for now 'shut up and fly' and a little advice for a few of you. If you want to make a point and really care about the result perhaps using manners and discussing like an adult might help....

So, "F'k off", "go fly the MA",  "tuff titties",and "bite me" is the way to approach this then? Thats the adult  way? Not what Jazz said, but the total opposite? Ok,  got it.:aok

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Friday's set up........
« Reply #133 on: December 12, 2003, 04:03:28 PM »
Bases nead to be taken thats the objective, if a cordanated atack ocures and the fleat get's their they take down the defensies and take the base then so be it.

Or you feel like running up your score while ruining a "cordanated atack"  You still playing dumb on that one?

could "you" be wrong?

Yep, more often than I like. But I'll admit it.

You cant take my sand box away, since it's not mine to begine with. Most of the issues posted above have more to do with shortsided singlemindedness and personal agendas that have nothing to do with creatring a good and balanced playing field. If they had anything to do with the later than they would fall into the catagory of the amanded setings this set up has had since inception.

You can say that as much as you want, it wont make it come true.

So Slash Just what do you want? I Know what Arlo want(h!ll I can even respect his want's) I know what Jazz want's, heck he asked so nicely I told him what to do with it, just what do you want?

What? No respect for me? Oh no:(    What do I want? Less BS rationalizations for your BS reasons not to include and/or change something. I'd rather you just say "no i wont do it because I dont have to" then your double talking horse****. Whats my "agenda" for this set up? Change the spawn point for CVs or leave the hardness alone. That is over the top isnt it? Oh well, you know me " my way or the highway! no comprimise!"

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Friday's set up........
« Reply #134 on: December 12, 2003, 04:37:13 PM »
The most favorable factor in getting folks into the CT to play this setup is the simple fact that Big Isles is up in the Main.

That pretty much assures a greater number of players than usual in the CT this week.

BTW, I also think it's long past time for some staff rotation in the CT.

IF all the 1941 US/Japanese planes were available in AH, I was wondering how the current administration would "balance" a Pearl Harbor setup.

Had me chuckling to myself, anyway.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2003, 04:40:19 PM by Toad »
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!