Author Topic: Friday's set up........  (Read 8931 times)

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Friday's set up........
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2003, 09:37:49 AM »
Why no P51s?

Offline LtMagee

• Copper Member
Friday's set up........
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2003, 10:28:48 AM »
Another typical bias plane set. If it out does the axis, make it work for the axis by making it late war, in an area that favors Axis. The AJN will simply comit suicide just to sink the F4U based CVs. The respawn is always in never never land so the axis map makers wont have to worry about them for several hours.

While the past several maps favor for the Axis base captures, this one really hinders allies.

Axis had an easy BoF
and easy Finn
now an easy defend

yeap, my mind is set, bias CMs for axis...lets hear it, hip hip horay.....gooooo axis :aok  WTFG Brady!

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
Friday's set up........
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2003, 11:28:05 AM »
Yes I am sry their are B26's available I cut and pasted the wrong plane list:)

B26's are available from the Three Islands due West of Okinawa (A18,19, & 20)

Offline snocone

• Copper Member
Friday's set up........
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2003, 11:45:50 AM »
Hooray!

This is one of the only setups where base capture doesnt suck. CV drivers PLEASE keep em out of sb range. You think its too far to fly when its a sector away try it when its 5 sectors away cause it was sunk!

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Friday's set up........
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2003, 11:57:08 AM »
Originally posted by LtMagee
Another typical bias plane set.

and easy Finn

WTFG Brady!

So the russians have the fasterst plane up to 10K - tha LA5 which can also just about climb with the 109s and can turn with them and has better firepower. They have the best turning plane the Hurricane, and armed with 4 hispanos to boot. They have the Yak9T which is just as fast as the 109s, turns better and packs a huge gun.

Perhaps you should look elsewhere, inwardly,  for the cause of this percieven inbalance or difficulty you experienced in the finland map...

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
Friday's set up........
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2003, 12:18:09 PM »
YAY! this setup is a Hellcat fan's dream come true. :)  Guess I have a couple days to learn how to shoot again.
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Friday's set up........
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2003, 12:27:41 PM »
niks and flak - YAHOO!!!! (
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Friday's set up........
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2003, 12:31:09 PM »
The Hurri I out-turns the Hurri 2C (and don't let the .303s fool ya ... they're a buzzsaw). The FM2 turns with it. Yes that LA-5 is a hotrod but I'm finding only a handful of Lala (and Yak) drivers that can out-turn a Franz it seems (been enjoying the Franz). There's a few decent P-40 pilots but for the most part they seem to be taking a beating. There's a fair amount of speed in those 109 G series planes ... as well as the 190s.

Still ... I say it's pretty balanced. Don't see room to whine on either side.

Looking forward to this Pac rotation. I just hope our guys can take and hold the Hog base. Taking anything's gonna be rough. It's .... balanced .... that way. But not impossible. It's the players that can afford to stay up all night taking it all back that'll make it even more ... challenging.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2003, 12:33:57 PM by Arlo »

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
Friday's set up........
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2003, 12:44:50 PM »
Sorry Magee, I guess I dont see this map as favoring the Axis.  
I typically login about 8pm central time and see 15 or 20 Allies against 7 to 10 Axis.   From where I sit Allies always have the numbers, and although I love to operate off the CVs I'll switch over to Axis cause I have no issues about who I fly for its just a game.     If as you say the Axis have the stronger planes, why do more people fly predomiately Allied?  

I see the Allied plane set as stronger than Axis anyway.   Allied planes have a better ammo and ordinance load out compared to all IJN planes execpt for the N1K2.   Most of the allied planes can also out run all of the IJN planes.  I've spent many a time trying to chase down F4Us and P-47s  that dive in and drop ord and then speed away and avoid a dogfight.  

I think its actually more fustrating for me when I fly Axis for a couple of reasons.
1.  some allied fighter are afraid to come out of the ack envelop surrounding the allied CVs until they have either a numerical advantage or altitude advantage.  Probably wise on their part but very boring while I circle around waiting for them to get a pair and come out.

2.  parking the allied CV's so close to the axis base that the CV ack starts firing at me as soon as I take off and try to get some altitude.  And then when we sink the CV they boohoo about someone killing the fight.   If you dont want to lose the CV then dont paralle park next to an enemy field.

Now normally I dont say anything about these setups.   I log on and I deal with it but it just gets amusing everytime this setup comes up someone boohoos and says the CM's favor Axis...

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Friday's set up........
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2003, 01:05:51 PM »
1. CVs will have to get close enough to launch LVTs to take a base if the Allied side wants certain planes enabled (or just a shore base for my beloved F4U). Hardened shore batteries and cardboard fleets are an obvious means of making this harder to accomplish than ordinary. It's a one-sided "balancing" measure against the Allies. Whether you think it's justified or not you certainly can see that, can't you? ;)

2. Axis pilots who form up and grab to cap an enemy CV will see slower climbing, less maneuverable Allied planes stick close to the fleet ack until there's a safe avenue to grab alt and meet the enemy on terms other than the favorable ones they are trying to set up (unless they're stupid or sumpin'). Simply put - if you and 3 or 4  rush out to an enemy fleet to catch those F4Us taking off and you circle and grab, what the hell else should you expect? That's one of the silliest whines I've ever seen in the channel one buffer (or here).

3. Trust me ... the numbers bounce back and forth regularly. Most of us have seen it. Watch closely and stay on long enough and you may too.

:D

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
Friday's set up........
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2003, 01:42:18 PM »
Arlo,  whine? whatever

your points

#1  I agree, CVs need to get close enough to launch LVTs, but I dont think you need all of them 5 miles of the coast to do that.

#2  I didnt say I expected them to fight me on my terms, I just want them to come out and fight.  I rarely Cap the enemy CV, I hover outside of ack range by at least a mile or two away and anywhere from 1k to 5k.   Some of these guys have at least 2k of alt advantage and still wont come out, even if I turn my back to them.
And when I ever get the chance to fly Allied I do the same thing, for the most part, I'm just a little more aggressive.  I tend to fly and fight till I run out of gas or ammo and rarely do I take the opportunity to "land" kills.    I take my F6F for F4U and try to get at least 3k before heading out no matter how many are out there.   And when I get in trouble you bet I run for the ack coverage to save my prettythang.    

I just wish the IJN have CV's enabled,  I love the CV to CV battles regardless of which side I fly for.  

I curious Arlo, what do you consider a slower climbing, less manuverable allied fighter,  F4F? Slow maybe but manuverable,  F6F?,  faster than F4F, still very manuverable.  F4U?  Faster climb rate than Zero's  maybe even the N1K2, but maybe not as manuverable.  I've flown most of these planes  for that last 3 years and the each have their strengths and weakness's but they are all fun to fly and even though I may sound like I'm whining I'm not,  I always have fun flying with you guys and I learn more about each planes abilities in the CT better than what goes on in the MA.  

If it wasnt for the CT and this setup I would never have flown the Zero.  At first I relied on just the N1K2, but that got boring and some ran away unless they had numbers, hardly ever got a one one with anyone.   Flying the Zero, I'm slower and the guns arent as good but more people will take on a single Zero by themselves than the N1K2.  

I like this map, probably one of my favorites, and in my opinion the plane set is pretty evenly matched.

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
Friday's set up........
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2003, 02:26:12 PM »
Axis bias? lol the F6F can handle any plane in the current planeset that the IJN can throw at it.
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
Friday's set up........
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2003, 02:32:33 PM »
Nice map and setup. Now to just hopefully educate some little Napoleon admirals and not have them drive the CV's on shore. :D
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
Friday's set up........
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2003, 02:40:20 PM »
Just to add to what Soulyss says the guys flying the F4U can fly against IJ aircraft just as easily provided they don't get sucked into doing something stupid like I tend to do. :p
« Last Edit: December 09, 2003, 02:54:39 PM by Reschke »
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
      • http://bio2.elmira.edu/DMS/index.pl?table=content&faculty=1&page=1
Friday's set up........
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2003, 02:47:22 PM »
yak9t is as fast as the 109s?  You should check your throttle grunherz.  g6 and g2 put the 9t to shame.