Author Topic: WTG Cheney  (Read 686 times)

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
WTG Cheney
« on: December 11, 2003, 05:27:49 PM »
His former company donated to his campaign, now he is donating our tax dollars to them.

http://www.boston.com/dailynews/345/wash/Pentagon_probe_finds_overcharg:.shtml
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline SaburoS

• Gold Member
WTG Cheney
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2003, 05:39:01 PM »
Politics as usual, I'm afraid. Democrat or Republican, doesn't matter.
Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death.... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. ... Bertrand Russell

Offline Tarmac

• Gold Member
WTG Cheney
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2003, 06:10:45 PM »
The Cheney and Halliburton link has stunk for a long time.  I hope you're not surprised to find that the **** is stuck to our collective shoe.

Offline Ozark

• Silver Member
WTG Cheney
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2003, 07:22:50 PM »
Originally posted by SaburoS
Politics as usual, I'm afraid. Democrat or Republican, doesn't matter.

I agree, It's Football Sunday chearing for the home team.

Blinded by party politics is just that…blind. Vote for the best person. Sometimes you find common sense under the layers of partisan politics.

I really miss Senator Jack Danforth in the Senate. He’s my bud!

Offline DmdBT

• Copper Member
      • http://www.damned.org
WTG Cheney
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2003, 08:30:58 PM »
WMD = Weapons of Mass Dividends

Offline lord dolf vader

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
WTG Cheney
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2003, 02:24:48 AM »
the statment "they all do it on both sides" is not a defence when somone openly lies to steal huge amounts of cash from the government.

lack of action on all the felonys happening in the bush administration is unprecidented since romans walked their forums.

took 3 days to say they would probly never find the violater when they outed a a enemys wife as a cia agent ?  what the ****??

it aint partisan politics anymore its a raiding of our national credit rating and emptying of any national goodwill we might have had left.

p.s. best of luck tiawan. please dont use your nukes when china comes to kill your children :)

bad things.

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
Re: WTG Cheney
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2003, 02:57:08 AM »
Originally posted by Sixpence
His former company donated to his campaign, now he is donating our tax dollars to them.

From the story:
Halliburton apparently didn't profit from the possible overcharges, the officials said, speaking on condition of anonymity. The problem, the officials said, was that Halliburton may have paid a subcontractor too much for the gasoline in the first place.

To look at this issue another way,
a.) I would be worried if Halliburton Board did not think highly enough of Cheney to not donate to the campaign.

b.) The gov't contracting with Halliburton for oilfeild and civil engineering services is like the gov't deciding to purchase a fleet of vehicles and going with General Motors.  There are only a few companies with the ability to provide the products and services required.

Most contracts have a good ol' boy componant, but to say that Halliburton's Iraq operation is undoubtably corruption is to overlook the obvious. When you need a plumber, you hire a plumber, not a carpenter.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Lizking

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
WTG Cheney
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2003, 07:57:07 AM »
Halliburton as the biggest defense contractor(in its are of expertise) in the Clinton Administration too.  Maybe, just maybe, it is because they are the best at what they do?

Offline SLO

• Gold Member
Re: Re: WTG Cheney
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2003, 07:58:50 AM »
Originally posted by Holden McGroin
When you need a plumber, you hire a plumber, not a carpenter.

problem is, they never looked for any other plumbers :aok

it was a givin fact that Haliburton was gonna get the contracts.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
WTG Cheney
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2003, 09:32:38 AM »
Funny.

The Cons will believe any kind of twisted connection to a possible issue with Clinton, but let the Republiclown VP profit personally from a company that bilks our Govt. and is tied to Oil and War like a sailor knot... no biggy.

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
WTG Cheney
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2003, 11:32:40 AM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
Funny.

The Cons will believe any kind of twisted connection to a possible issue with Clinton, but let the Republiclown VP profit personally from a company that bilks our Govt. and is tied to Oil and War like a sailor knot... no biggy.

How is he profiting personally?

Offline fd ski

• Silver Member
      • http://www.northotwing.com/wing/
WTG Cheney
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2003, 11:38:37 AM »
As long as he doesn't get a BJ. THAT would be a disaster !!!

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
WTG Cheney
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2003, 12:25:38 PM »
Originally posted by fd ski
As long as he doesn't get a BJ. THAT would be a disaster !!!

A BJ ain't so bad, although while in office by a young subordinate is reprehensible. But hey, who cares right? Certainly not many in this country.

Campaigns do cost money. I don't know which is worse, selling out to an American company for campaign money or to a foreign communist country. Oh wait, yes I do. Seems that many couldn't care less about that either.

Just to clarify, my post isn't about Clinton. It's about the people that supported him and continue to do so. The one's I no longer trust to do just about anything.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2003, 12:28:53 PM by AKIron »
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
WTG Cheney
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2003, 12:31:53 PM »
I don't know why the "BJ" gets mentioned. The fact is he lied to a grand jury. Even if you are on the left you have to recognize this. And I don't want to hear it was a small lie. He lied to a grand jury...period.

Let's just look at it this way, if Clinton wanted us to go to war over WMD, how could you believe him? If you don't believe Bush, why would you believe someone who lied to a grand jury?

Sorry to be off topic.
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline DmdNexus

• Silver Member
WTG Cheney
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2003, 12:41:27 PM »
Originally posted by Rude
How is he profiting personally?

Chenney get's kick backs from Halibruton until 2008.
Some how this is legal because it's a blind trust.
It's been well documented and ***** about.