Author Topic: We Got Saddam!!!!  (Read 1532 times)

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
We Got Saddam!!!!
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2003, 05:06:01 PM »
Originally posted by EsmeNhaMaire
BLAH BLAH BLAH

Esme

Is that all you can come up with to dispute the fact that Iraq was in violation of the original UN sanctions set after the Gulf War?  They had 12 yrs to comply and didnt.  A few more weeks would not have made a difference.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
We Got Saddam!!!!
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2003, 09:24:21 PM »
Esmewhatever,

Yes I do read history. Some of it I have lived through. The only thing I am going to respond to in your rather rambling and inaccurate post is the WW2 allies.

Please note that we were allied with Great Britain long before pearl Harbor. The same goe for China. Now if you really were a student of history instead of mangling it, you would have knowledge of the terms Arsenal of Demacoracy, lend lease and the American Volunteer Force (IE Flying Tigers).

Now please go find somewhere else to spew your hatred and bigotry. You aren't worth the time to respond to as the lack of other responses to your rantings have shown.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
We Got Saddam!!!!
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2003, 03:02:11 AM »
Good thing they got'im. Next thing to catch are the WMDs... right ?
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Duedel

• Silver Member
We Got Saddam!!!!
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2003, 03:38:50 AM »
Originally posted by Maverick
Now please go find somewhere else to spew your hatred and bigotry. You aren't worth the time to respond to as the lack of other responses to your rantings have shown.

Hatred and bigotry? If u think that Esmes post contains hatred and bigotry than i understand why everything u post (regarding the war on Iraq) on this board is .... uhm ... crap. Ur problem is u'r false interpretation and understanding of words / sentenses that exceed ur intellectual horizon.

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
We Got Saddam!!!!
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2003, 04:02:47 AM »
Now if you really were a student of history instead of mangling it, you would have knowledge of the terms Arsenal of Demacoracy, lend lease and the American Volunteer Force (IE Flying Tigers).

War materiel was bought by the British government, in cash, in full, prior to Pearl Harbour. It practically bankrupted the British Empire and British businesses had to sell all their stakes in American firms. An American warship even went to South Africa to pick up gold bullion as payment. Things weren't particularly altruistic. The US pretty much played the part of an arms dealer who wouldn't accept credit - although that was probably neccessary to protect her neutrality.

American volunteers in Britain were less than a handful compared to the majority (3000 total, 2000 British). I guess Tom Cruise will gloss over that fact in his new film. ;)
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
We Got Saddam!!!!
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2003, 04:26:15 AM »
The Lend Lease Act was an arrangement for the transfer of war supplies, including food, machinery, and services, to nations whose defense was considered vital to the defense of the United States in World War II.

The Lend-Lease Act, passed passed March 11, 1941 by the U.S. Congress, gave the President power to sell, transfer, lend, or lease such war materials. The President was to set the terms for aid; repayment was to be “in kind or property, or any other direct or indirect benefit which the President deems satisfactory.” Harry L. Hopkins was appointed (Mar., 1941) to administer lend-lease.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline SLO

• Gold Member
We Got Saddam!!!!
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2003, 06:33:49 AM »
Originally posted by Maverick
Esmewhatever,

actually your the dumbprettythang...not ESME

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
We Got Saddam!!!!
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2003, 08:23:39 AM »
Originally posted by SLO
actually your the dumbprettythang...not ESME

personal attacks will not be tolerated.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
We Got Saddam!!!!
« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2003, 08:32:16 AM »
My cats name is Radar.......
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline SLO

• Gold Member
We Got Saddam!!!!
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2003, 08:35:49 AM »
Originally posted by NUKE
personal attacks will not be tolerated.

does that mean I can't call you a sheep shaggin dweeb:D

Offline Torque

• Gold Member
We Got Saddam!!!!
« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2003, 08:45:46 AM »
Originally posted by Yeager
My cats name is Radar.......

it figures...:aok

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
We Got Saddam!!!!
« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2003, 09:57:45 AM »
Neutrality and Isolationism

The leading war resisters were members of the United States Senate. Among them was the cantankerous Gerald P. Nye of North Dakota, a fighter for the farmer against the interests of the big financial interests, a progressive Republican who chaired a committee investigating the munitions industry, described by some as the "merchants of death."

Nye's committee dramatized points that he and others wanted to make: that the arms industry had made huge profits, had bribed some politicians and had evaded paying taxes.

Nye and others in the Senate were opposed to the United States going to war again in Europe. They pushed for legislation prohibiting the export of arms to any power at war and authorizing the president to prohibit people from traveling on the ships of nations at war, and their bill, the Neutrality Act of 1935, passed in both the Senate and the House of Representatives. The Bill was in tune with public opinion -- many Americans believing that the United States should not get involved in Europe's troubles.

Something else for students of history. It seems there was a large part of the US population that didn't want to be involved in another European war. Such a large part in fact, that this law passed Congress pretty easily.

Laws; you know, those things that put boundaries on behaviors.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
We Got Saddam!!!!
« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2003, 10:10:58 AM »
Do ya ever just read the last post in a thread an try to figure out what the heck this has to do with the topic? Now make this connection....

We Got Saddam

to

The Neutrality Act of 1935.

Kinda reminds me of that show "Connections".

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
We Got Saddam!!!!
« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2003, 10:18:24 AM »
ummmmmmm...........

Those who will not remember history are doomed to repeat it?

Is that the connection? Do I win?

;)
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
We Got Saddam!!!!
« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2003, 10:22:12 AM »
Laws; you know, those things that put boundaries on behaviors.

They pushed for legislation prohibiting the export of arms to any power at war...

Laws; you know those things that naively try to put boundaries on behaviour.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.