Author Topic: Bug report Number 2  (Read 418 times)

Offline F1Bomber

• Copper Member
      • http://www.bushtech.com.au
Bug report Number 2
« on: December 21, 2003, 02:12:15 AM »
Sudden Crash in Aces High 2 beta 6.

Uped a 190A5 to kill a pnzer in the town, hit the pnzer on the first pass and got missing object message from screen shot bellow. After that i made another pass at the top of the tank and killed the turrent, but i only heard the sound of the turrent dieing then suddenly i crashed to desktop without warning.

Screen Shot Before Crash

Aces high 2 Beta 7 Z Buffer Problem

When flying at alts higher than 5K, the trees will start flashing like the video below. Like there isnt any Z buffer, Or that Textures are rendered ontop of each other for a split second then reversed around, giving the effect of the trees flashing on and off, from higher alts. This is re-created with buildings parts suddenly being rendered then not, and back again, giving the view of the parts flashing in and out of view at random and very fast.

This effect was the same when the gv bases overlay texture, looked okay from the tower, but as soon as you moved, it would suddenly vanish and render the ground textures, then suddenly come back into view.

The attached video has bee provided because i cannot capture these effects with the screen shot unitlity in aces high 2. Because when doing the screen shot, it will look like nothing is wrong.

SYSTEM:
AMD XP 1900
DDR 256 Megs of ram
Nvidia 2 ti 64 megs
WIndows XP Pro Edition

Currently tried it out on all version of nvidia drivers and the same effect happens.

DivX 5.0 Movie of Z buffer problem

Direct X Report

Vido8.cfg
104710,VideoVersion
1024,Width
768,Height
32,ColorDebth
1,DeviceCnt
NVIDIA GeForce2 Ti
0,MaxFPS
1,MipMapEnabled
0,DisablePalettizedTextures