Author Topic: Dweebery!  (Read 3042 times)

Offline Löwe

• Silver Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/duxfordeagles
Dweebery!
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2003, 07:26:56 AM »
Originally posted by Arlo
It's still good! Players adapt to the enviroment they're in the best way they can. If you want "perfectly balanced numbers" or "fair play" or any of that crap, go join a bridge club. And I sure as hell don't know what CT arena you were in last year but the one I was in had fluctuating numbers, HO dweebs, gangbangs, milkrunners, suicide porkers, shallow water admirals, land-grabbers and spawn campers. I think the perfect world you saw WAS all in your head.

You forgot Slobberdonkeys :D

Offline _Schadenfreude_

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Dweebery!
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2003, 07:48:52 AM »
Originally posted by GScholz
Why not? Nearly every MMOG out there polices its players. "Unsportsmanship" and vultching is for instance not accepted in Fighter Ace. HTC is already policing this game's comunication, why not behavior also?

ahem oh yes it is - where do you think I learnt how to do it?

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
Dweebery!
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2003, 09:25:10 AM »
Why not? Nearly every MMOG out there polices its players. "Unsportsmanship" and vultching is for instance not accepted in Fighter Ace. HTC is already policing this game's comunication, why not behavior also?

Really Fighter Ace now has controls in place that cause you to loose your plane, get banned, get put on probation, etc... If you "vulch", play in an unsportsman like manner? I don't want to say that I am doubting you but I doubt that is true in any fashion. Simply because the last time I flew in it right after the last update. There were just as many guys trying to shoot me off the runway over there as anywhere else. In fact that was the exact way it was back when I played FA 2.xx all the time a few years ago.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
Dweebery!
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2003, 09:28:54 AM »
HTC, Brady, whoever, can set all the guidelines they want...if there is no way to enforce them (which there is not) then whats the point of it? Its like the U.N. outlawing child labor...looks great on paper.
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Dweebery!
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2003, 12:45:06 PM »
Originally posted by Löwe
You forgot Slobberdonkeys :D

And slobberdonkeys, dammit! :lol

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
Dweebery!
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2003, 02:33:00 PM »
AH was an AIR COMBAT SIMULATOR. Now it's just a GAME.

Aces High was, is, and always will be a game.
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
Dweebery!
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2003, 06:06:25 PM »
Fighter Ace 3.6 Code of Conduct:

Jaleco's goal in the operation of Fighter Ace is to create a friendly and enjoyable online gaming experience for as many users as possible. Jaleco has established the following rules for users to achieve this goal. These rules apply to both the online game and the Fighter Ace newsgroups. Note: A subscription provides access to the Fighter Ace Game Servers but does not guarantee access to the Fighter Ace Newsgroups. Jaleco reserves the right to disable posting privileges to the Newsgroups at any time.

You shall not harass or threaten other players or otherwise make the game environment unfriendly for others.

You shall not transmit or enable the transmission of content that is abusive, racially or culturally discriminating, sexually explicit, profane, vulgar, offensive or defamatory.

You shall not disclose the personal information of other players against their will.

You shall not collect or store the personal information of other players.

You shall not behave in an unsportsman like manner. This includes, but is not limited to, intentionally exiting the game to avoid being shot down and restricting other players' ability to play the game by parking a plane on or near an enemy airfield.

You shall not send communications to the Fighter Ace newsgroups and chat forums in such a way as to disrupt the flow of discussion and reduce the enjoyment of other players (e.g. flooding, cross-posting, use of ALL CAPS, etc.).

You shall not misrepresent or impersonate other players, people, or groups, including squads.

You shall not attempt to obtain the password of another user (Jaleco employees will never personally ask for your password online and you should, therefore, never disclose your password to another player).

You shall not perform or facilitate any illegal or malicious actions (such as transmitting messages containing viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment).

You shall not use any part of Fighter Ace for commercial promotional purposes (i.e. don't advertise).

You shall not interfere with Sysops (players with @FA on their pilot names) while they are performing their duties. This includes intentional harassment, disrespect, or any other interruption that will disrupt and inflame a situation and detract from the enjoyment of the game for others.

You SHALL have FUN!
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
Dweebery!
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2003, 06:07:33 PM »
Originally posted by Squire
HTC, Brady, whoever, can set all the guidelines they want...if there is no way to enforce them (which there is not) then whats the point of it? Its like the U.N. outlawing child labor...looks great on paper.

There are ways to enforce compliance to rules and regulations.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Dweebery!
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2003, 06:10:00 PM »
Is Jaleco a subsidiary of HiTech Creations yet? :D
« Last Edit: December 15, 2003, 06:17:16 PM by Arlo »

Offline scJazz

• Copper Member
Dweebery!
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2003, 06:15:40 PM »
Oh by the way... look crying over being vulched or vulching is STUPID! Taking off at a base where enemy air superiority has already been established just allows the gene pool to be cleaned up.

If there are vulchers lurking and you see it... launch somewhere else! If you didn't see em well too freakin bad pick up your SA!

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
Dweebery!
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2003, 06:23:49 PM »
I know, and I do, but do the new players know this? I think HTC is losing more new customers because of the current anarchy of bad behaviour than they would ever have to ban to keep things a bit more civilised.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Dweebery!
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2003, 06:30:36 PM »
Well ... it's an opinion. Only HT's hairdresser knows for sure.

Offline MajorDay

• Copper Member
Dweebery!
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2003, 06:40:21 PM »
Fighter Ace 3.6 Code of Conduct:

Jaleco's goal in the operation of Fighter Ace is to create a friendly and enjoyable online gaming experience for as many users as possible. Jaleco has established the following rules for users to achieve this goal. These rules apply to both the online game and the Fighter Ace newsgroups. Note: A subscription provides access to the Fighter Ace Game Servers but does not guarantee access to the Fighter Ace Newsgroups. Jaleco reserves the right to disable posting privileges to the Newsgroups at any time.

You shall not harass or threaten other players or otherwise make the game environment unfriendly for others.

You shall not transmit or enable the transmission of content that is abusive, racially or culturally discriminating, sexually explicit, profane, vulgar, offensive or defamatory.

You shall not disclose the personal information of other players against their will.

You shall not collect or store the personal information of other players.

You shall not behave in an unsportsman like manner. This includes, but is not limited to, intentionally exiting the game to avoid being shot down and restricting other players' ability to play the game by parking a plane on or near an enemy airfield.

You shall not send communications to the Fighter Ace newsgroups and chat forums in such a way as to disrupt the flow of discussion and reduce the enjoyment of other players (e.g. flooding, cross-posting, use of ALL CAPS, etc.).

You shall not misrepresent or impersonate other players, people, or groups, including squads.

You shall not attempt to obtain the password of another user (Jaleco employees will never personally ask for your password online and you should, therefore, never disclose your password to another player).

You shall not perform or facilitate any illegal or malicious actions (such as transmitting messages containing viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment).

You shall not use any part of Fighter Ace for commercial promotional purposes (i.e. don't advertise).

You shall not interfere with Sysops (players with @FA on their pilot names) while they are performing their duties. This includes intentional harassment, disrespect, or any other interruption that will disrupt and inflame a situation and detract from the enjoyment of the game for others.

You SHALL have FUN!
Well, Y'know that's Fighter Ace rules and this is not fighter ace game.  I am also looking forward to see HTC rules in the future and I really dont like to see anyone who whine about "Dweeb" thing.

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
Dweebery!
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2003, 08:25:27 PM »
You wouldn't have to if there were rules of conduct and they were enforced.

Offline MajorDay

• Copper Member
Dweebery!
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2003, 08:32:03 PM »
You wouldn't have to if there were rules of conduct and they were enforced.
Yup, Hopefully HTC will make new rules