Author Topic: Now that is patriotic!  (Read 946 times)

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
Now that is patriotic!
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2003, 01:26:50 PM »
Originally posted by SaburoS
Oddly, I never said he did desert. I don't know. Yet you 'cry' about your perceived 'cryers' yet you won't show proof to shut them up. Odd, no?

Not odd at all.  At least it isn't here.  Innocent until proven guilty mean anything to you?

Offline SaburoS

• Gold Member
Now that is patriotic!
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2003, 02:59:19 AM »
Originally posted by Martlet
Not odd at all.  At least it isn't here.  Innocent until proven guilty mean anything to you?

Sure it does, but it doesn't mean he didn't in this case.
The case for his 'dessertion' is based on 'facts' that I can't verify the authenticity of. I've seen some statements of 'witnesses' for pro and con but really can't wholeheartedly agree on as those statements are based on memories of many years ago, not to mention some circumstances as well.

I was hoping since you seem to be so well informed in this case that you might have some info that you'd be willing to share.
Please spare me your going off tangent and bringing up "whining/crying" statements. If you just don't have any proof of his actually serving out his military obligations and wish to believe wholeheartedly that he did (until proven otherwise to your satisfaction), then fair enough.

I'm on the fence on this one as I've yet to see any proof of his completing out his term. I've yet to see concrete (if possible in this case) proof that he didn't.

Did he or didn't he?

I don't know, wish someone would shed more light on the subject.

We have these possibilities:

1) He did in fact serve out his military term and some paperwork got lost and those memories of those witnesses that say otherwise are faulty and/or irrelevant, and/or they're lying.

2) He actually didn't take his military career as serious as his political career and decided to skip the last year (approx) of his service thinking that his father would straighten it out for him.
The memories of those witnesses that say he did serve out his term are faulty, and/or they're lying.

Did he or didn't he? I don't know. Period.

In closing, are you interested in an actual dialogue and discussion of ideas or are you just going to resort to childish 'attacking' insults/statements?

Hypothetical here:
BTW, are you saying that even if (that's a big if, mind you) he did abandon his post in his last year that it isn't dessertion only because he wasn't convicted?

Regards
Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death.... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. ... Bertrand Russell

Offline SaburoS

• Gold Member
Now that is patriotic!
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2003, 03:34:06 AM »
Oh man, sorry for the hijacking going on Bodhi.
Man oh man, awesome artwork that rock represents. My squaddie SHawk posted the same on our squad BBS also.
That rock absolutely ROCKS!!! Wooot! :)

I wish they'd make miniature versions that could be sold as souveniers. I'd snap one up in a heartbeat (actually a few as I'd know a few who'd love em as gifts.)
Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death.... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. ... Bertrand Russell

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
Now that is patriotic!
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2003, 05:30:08 AM »
I've seen scanned images on the .net of documents declaring he has 5 or 6 months of service left.  It's buried in the comments of my website somewhere.  I'll look for it.

edit:  1OCT1973 is the last date I've been able to find him accounted for.  His obligation expired 26MAY1974.

I'll look later, no time now.  Even if I find nothing, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on the last 7 months.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2003, 05:40:46 AM by Martlet »

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
Now that is patriotic!
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2003, 09:15:05 AM »
Absolutely amazing, you guys can turn a nice patriotic painting that some individual american did into an argument over whether Bush served his full term in the guard.

Pretty damn fugged up.  Too bad ya'll can not just act like normal human beings for once.
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline Scootter

• Silver Member
Now that is patriotic!
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2003, 09:20:49 AM »
Originally posted by Bodhi
Absolutely amazing, you guys can turn a nice patriotic painting that some individual american did into an argument over whether Bush served his full term in the guard.

Pretty damn fugged up.  Too bad ya'll can not just act like normal human beings for once.

Bodhi, It's just the blind rage called HATE that leaves otherwise intelligent people babbling idiots.

I have found a great use for the ignore feature, just like I would  if I encountered them in real life.

"Life is short fly fast"   Roy Lepresti... rip Friend
http://www.speedmods.com/

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Now that is patriotic!
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2003, 09:31:38 AM »
They're desperate...(Boosh haters)

Offline Scootter

• Silver Member
Now that is patriotic!
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2003, 09:41:05 AM »
Yep it has gotten so bad as of late that my new policy is not to engage baby seals any longer.

The whole Dem party is in a tail spin with a 6 year old at the controls.  

I really feel bad for Joe Lieberman as he is the one creatible one around.

I sometimes wonder what JFK would say about things today, but then I sometimes wonder what my dogs think about.;)

Offline SaburoS

• Gold Member
Now that is patriotic!
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2003, 01:53:08 PM »
FWIW I like that rock artwork just as it is even with the 'faulty' (to some) artwork. Really nicely done.

Offline SaburoS

• Gold Member
Now that is patriotic!
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2003, 01:58:15 PM »
Originally posted by Bodhi

LOL welcome to the AH BBS OClub.
Bring up Guns, Clinton, Bush, heck anything politics, etc., and the threads go off tangent. Human nature I guess.
BTW thanks for posting the artwork here.

Offline SaburoS

• Gold Member
Now that is patriotic!
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2003, 01:59:14 PM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
They're desperate...(Boosh haters)

Yeah, kind of similar to the Clinton haters....   ;)

Offline Scootter

• Silver Member
Now that is patriotic!
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2003, 04:10:36 PM »
Originally posted by SaburoS
Yeah, kind of similar to the Clinton haters....   ;)

Just for the record, I think it takes a special moron to HATE someone they have never met. You can disagree with them, their policies etc. however to hate them is just stupid.

I bet most of us on this board would get along fine in person, but to read the crap here you would think we would kill each other.

I have problems with every President that I can remember anything about and this includes Bush, but I voted for him and will do so again for reasons that are important to me. I never hated Clinton (silly, as I don't know much about him really)

If you hate Bush see above and send a card from idiotsville.

This blind hate for Bush is really killing the Democratic party, and we need a two party system. Polls taken in the last 2 months have shown a movement away from the Democratic base. The changes seem to be due  to the constant  hate they keep displaying due to Bush being in the white house. Senators and Congressional seats are being lost or are up for grabs as Democrats do not seek reelection. Look at California and the governors office, for Gods sake a Republican runs California!  The country is not responding well the this mad hatred being displayed, it is a sad day when a party hopes for bad things to happen to Americans, things like a sag in the economy a rise in unemployment  a drop in the stock market even perhaps another terrorist attack. I ask you Democrats is it worth the cost to keep showing your hate when you may loose everything. Think about it.

Regards

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Now that is patriotic!
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2003, 04:23:25 PM »
You too make some good points scooter. I don't hate Bush, and I'm not in love with Clinton. I just take umbrage when the WJC bashing starts in earnest. It is usually based upon lies or half truths spewed by the Fox newses and Anne Coulters of the world. As in "He did nothing to stop terrorism".

Offline Scootter

• Silver Member
Now that is patriotic!
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2003, 04:34:28 PM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
You too make some good points scooter. I don't hate Bush, and I'm not in love with Clinton. I just take umbrage when the WJC bashing starts in earnest. It is usually based upon lies or half truths spewed by the Fox newses and Anne Coulters of the world. As in "He did nothing to stop terrorism".

Yep it has really gotten out of control on both sides in the last 10 years or so. I don't remember the same level with say Carter or Reagen, what is really worrisome is what it will be like in the next ten years at the current rate of deterioration . I remember when ACCURATE reporting was the goal, not selling the story first at all costs. I hope things change or we all lose, who would want to be President with this chit, I think wanting to be in any political office should eliminate you from contention.

Offline SaburoS

• Gold Member
Now that is patriotic!
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2003, 05:42:38 PM »
Originally posted by Scootter
Just for the record, I think it takes a special moron to HATE someone they have never met. You can disagree with them, their policies etc. however to hate them is just stupid.

I bet most of us on this board would get along fine in person, but to read the crap here you would think we would kill each other.

I have problems with every President that I can remember anything about and this includes Bush......

Well said. I agree with you 100%