Author Topic: Your Mommy kills animals!! More peta idiocy.  (Read 994 times)

Offline Airhead

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ouchytheclown.com
Your Mommy kills animals!! More peta idiocy.
« Reply #45 on: December 18, 2003, 11:45:27 AM »
Originally posted by GtoRA2
Airhead,
 I do not think all NRA members are nuts who can not debate an issue, hell I am a member and I have no problem with background checks or waiting periods.

GTO, the NRA position is NO restrictions on firearms ownership. The position of pro-life groups is NO abortions. The positon of PETA is NO animals killed, for meat or fur. That's what advocacy is- it's being 100% for a certain position.

The problem with that is that when you state yourself an advocate for or against a position it removes you from the viewpoint of mainstream America. In the PETA example they've made so many misstatements through the years they are no longer taken seriously by mainstream America- unfortunate, in that there's an awful lot of truth in their message, but the messengers themselves, like Greens, NRA, Sierra Club or whatever, have no creditibility.

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Your Mommy kills animals!! More peta idiocy.
« Reply #46 on: December 18, 2003, 11:59:02 AM »
Airhead.
 I am not sure they have NO credibility, hell I can see some good in Petas point of view, I will never believe an animal is equal to man, but I can see no need to be cruel if it can be prevented and I see no need for pure trophy hunting either.

If they have no credibility how do they have influence? I understand the NRA has the no controls at all stance, and it is a bit silly. I only support them because they are the number one 2cnd amendment rights group, and they can influence politics, am I confusing your view of the org with your view of  its members, surely you can not think all NRA peeps are nuts? Hell I know Vegans or want to be vegans that are not only not nutjobs but intelligent enough to make good points.