Author Topic: P38 and the night of DOOM  (Read 5341 times)

Offline batdog

• Silver Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com/
P38 and the night of DOOM
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2001, 06:56:00 AM »
Wonder if 2 single throttles on a USB would work?

xBAT
Of course, I only see what he posts here and what he does in the MA.  I know virtually nothing about the man.  I think its important for people to realize that we don't really know squat about each other.... definately not enough to use words like "hate".

AKDejaVu

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2001, 07:55:00 AM »
Originally posted by Tac:
"Does it all boil down to have the altitude advantage, keep your nose up, and don’t press the attack"

Thats about it. If you follow a con into a dive (unless its a 1-1 OR if the con is a yak/n1k/la7/high E p51) you basically serve yourself as bait for others. For some reason, people see a cloud of 190's, 109's, 205's, n1ks and la7s...and 1 P38... and guess who gets bounced by 2+ cons?   ;)

"P38L: loss of control appeared to be about 510 MPH"

Gee wizz.. I WISH. The plane will actually break apart at that speed. Fastest ive been is about 490 nearing 500..compressed the whole way and staying in a 20 degree dive (or it will be impossible to pull out of b4 the plane sheds the wings). Compression usually hits around 410-460 depending on alt.

"P38L: Stalled at 8,000 feet" sounds about right.. if you pulled up and trimmed the thing with WEP on till it stalled.

Popeye: slow 38 without using flaps..well, lets say it wont be in 1 piece for very long.

Minus: You were turning on the side of the dead engine right? it does give you about 20% better turn (i'd say). Specially if you have flaps deployed.

Pdog: play with your keymap, it can be done. Or better yet, get the suncom dual throttle for only $60   :D   :D   :D

Tac, you need to map your trim to the JS or throttle, I even surpassed 510 in a dive, but it took me 10,000 feet to recover.

Offline tshred

• Copper Member
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2001, 10:38:00 AM »
Yes Batdog, two usb throttles will work, as well as two anolog ones. Just map them appropriately.

Or you can build one of these like I did out of a CH Pro Throttle( will do the same with the USB version when I break down and buy it)

ts