Author Topic: Holiday baking  (Read 112 times)

Offline capt. apathy

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Bandits=danger.wav
Holiday baking
« on: December 18, 2003, 04:55:48 PM »
so my wifes in the kitchen doing the holiday baking (man can she cook).  anyway it got me thinking of this old story I heard a few years back.

an elderly man was losing his fight with age and sickness,  he'd been in bed for weeks, and was on the verge of giving up the fight.

one morning (and, like the few before it he was aware it could be his last) he wakes up to the smell of his favorite cookies baking.

he was so overcome with love for his wife of 50 years.  after all the hard work she'd put in caring for him over the last few months, she still managed to find the energy to brighten his last days with his favorite treat.  she was truly a treasure.

he became determined to get out of bed and go sit with her,  he didn't want her last memories of him to be his wasting away in bed.

so gathering his strength he got his legs under him and slowly made his way to the kitchen.

he made his way into the room and as he walked by he reached for a cookie,  just then she rapped his hand with a spatula..."Get out of those,  they're for the funeral!"