Author Topic: Spitfire in the CT?  (Read 4103 times)

Offline LtMagee

• Copper Member
Spitfire in the CT?
« Reply #60 on: December 23, 2003, 05:13:27 PM »
I haven't seen anyone address Fork's example. He's right. Historical matchup was unbalanced in real life, as it would be imbalanced here.

How good are the CMs? As I have said many times before...start early war, BoF etc (axis advantage), and progress to late war...sure axis may be the under dog after the BoF and Tunisia but limit the ubber allied rides to certain ares...so to speak.  At one point or another, the tides will turn and both side will have fun having some sort of advantage.....guess what, they also have the Tiger!

Same with PTO, the N1K2-J rules over all but the F6F. Any high George is a deadly Geroge. The fast ubber A6M5 aint no DAISY! ;)

Offline LtMagee

• Copper Member
Spitfire in the CT?
« Reply #61 on: December 23, 2003, 05:14:30 PM »
Why is there no 109G2? Why is there a P47? Why no spitfire V?

Do what I just did and go read every reply...there you will find the answers.

Offline rshubert

• Silver Member
Re: Re: Is "Balance" the whole purpose?
« Reply #62 on: December 24, 2003, 01:19:49 PM »
Originally posted by Oldman731
Excuse me, but I think that this statement is pathetic.  If the Allied planes were so inferior, why would the Axis typically have the low numbers when you log into the CT?

I haven't seen anyone address Fork's example.  He's right.  Historical matchup was unbalanced in real life, as it would be imbalanced here.

I'm also with the "run it anyway" crowd, if they're willing to live with their convictions.  Play the historical setups.  When you log into the arena, go for the side with the lower numbers.  Check back every 15 minutes, and switch to the side with the lower numbers, if necesssary.

- oldman

Oldman, the only "pathetic" thing here is the pathetic refusal to see the truth.  Is it because you don't want to see it because it suits your desires, or that you cannot see it?

Offline Squirrel

• Copper Member
      • http://www.mindspring.com/~p38
Re: Re: Re: Is "Balance" the whole purpose?
« Reply #63 on: December 24, 2003, 02:14:46 PM »
Originally posted by rshubert
Oldman, the only "pathetic" thing here is the pathetic refusal to see the truth.  Is it because you don't want to see it because it suits your desires, or that you cannot see it?

IMO Oldman has a better handle on the truth than you Shubie.  I've seen plenty of pathetic things in the CT (including my flying skills) but Oldman's thoughts on this subject are far from it.
Sqrl

Online Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: Re: Is "Balance" the whole purpose?
« Reply #64 on: December 28, 2003, 09:13:08 AM »
Originally posted by rshubert

...er...in retrospect, I wish I had not used the term I did, and I apologize to you, rshubert.

I'll stick with the substance of my statement, though.  

- oldman