Author Topic: Why Will Capturing X Pork the Arena?  (Read 1606 times)

Offline 10Bears

• Silver Member
Why Will Capturing X Pork the Arena?
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2003, 04:02:07 PM »
Your fault Bradys.. ought not to look a gift horse in the mouth.

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2003, 04:34:52 PM »
I still have the Bf109F-4/Trop and SpitV Desert camo skin, which I'm dying to see implemented in desert maps :D

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2003, 04:37:11 PM »
Watch it or they'll make you make your own using just the TE help files. ;)

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2003, 04:37:41 PM »
1) WHile it is a hard issue for some folks systems not everyone has this issue, I dont use it for these and other reasions myself but some of the staff still like it, and I cant realy faul;t them for useing it.

2) I realy dont Know I just heard they nead the build fill (I think that is what it is caled).

3) Ya sounds good to me, I took one look at the TE and ran screaming from the house.

10Bears..I dont think asking NUTTZ to fix a couple of things that made his map quiet anouying and almost unplayable for a few folks was to much to ask, he certainly had my respect and aprication (and still does), which I share with all the map makers for AH yourself included, if somthing neads changing I will ask for it to be done wheather or not that hapens is another mater:) It is the map makers peragative to do anything at all including changes.

Offline detch01

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2003, 04:56:45 PM »
Originally posted by Arlo
And, even though digging through pages of posts is an option, having the data formatted and easier to access on a website would be much better. It also has the added advantage of answering questions that hadn't yet occured to the novice would-be terrain editor types. :D

Sounds like a great plan to me - let me know when you've got it done :)

Cheers
asw
Latrine Attendant, 1st class
semper in excretio, solum profundum variat

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2003, 05:50:03 PM »
Originally posted by detch01
Sounds like a great plan to me - let me know when you've got it done :)

Cheers

As soon as you telepathically divulge all your experiences to me (which is apparently the only option left now). :D

Offline detch01

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2003, 06:25:32 PM »
Arlo, all the information anyone needs to build a terrain is available in the TE help files and in the TE forum. Yes it takes a little digging to find it but it's there.  
If you think a knowledge bank would be a good idea then build one - personally I agree it would be useful but I'm too busy to do it myself or a TE tutorial web site would already exist. I'm pretty sure most of us who have some experience making terrains would be willing to contribute. Just as we are willing to help out people who are building terrains and need some help or information.
If all you're going to do is suggest what others should or should not be doing then you won't get a lot of time or interest for your projects.

The Short Version: Step up to the plate or go away.

Just a note on modifying other people's CT terrains: It doesn't get done without the permission of the builder - plain, flat and ****ing simple.
asw

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2003, 07:30:22 PM »
Just a note on modifying other people's CT terrains: It doesn't get done without the permission of the builder - plain, flat and ****ing simple.

Why's that? Are you telling me that you retain all rights and privileges to terrains you submit to HTC? Or are you insinuating that it's HTC's policy to not let other players edit or fix terrains you've submitted without securing permission from you first?

And even if that's the case (which it could be but it seems like an odd arrangement by HTC), why wouldn't you?

Offline 10Bears

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2003, 08:43:22 PM »
Bradys I sense a pattern with you for some time now. It’s a bit frustrating to say the least. I found out the CT setup guys don’t use strat resupply.. Odd.. So I recall writing an email to you explaining that I had spent x number of hours measuring out the roadway, spacing out the trucks, barges and so forth. I explained that it takes about 30 minutes for the bases to rebuild anyway. What’s good about re-supply is if the guys needed 3 more minutes for the m3 or C47 to arrive, they could strafe the convoy. Your answer?... Sorry, CT Staff says no strat re-supply.. Then myself and other and suggested time and time again for certain planes to be included in your setups and I’ve got to tell ya.. it’s like going up against a brick wall.

Stubborn uncompressing people like you get charged a little extra in this life.. My offer, to redo the Slot, correct a lot of  errors, add lots of new bombing targets, new types of strat comes at a price.

I wish to take your spot as setup guy for one week. My settings.

I was also going to make a New Guinea terrain but your attitude of my way or the highway leaves one less than inclined to work with you.

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2003, 08:50:45 PM »
I am sry 10Bears that you feal that way.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2003, 09:58:37 PM »
Vote 10Bears:aok

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2003, 10:46:04 PM »
Originally posted by brady
I am sry 10Bears that you feal that way.

Using "Arlo glasses" I read this as a "no." :D

Offline detch01

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2003, 12:05:16 AM »
Originally posted by Arlo
Why's that? Are you telling me that you retain all rights and privileges to terrains you submit to HTC? Or are you insinuating that it's HTC's policy to not let other players edit or fix terrains you've submitted without securing permission from you first?

1 - What rights I retain or have transferred to HTC with regard to any terrain I have in circulation in the game is a matter between HTC and myself.
2 - I insinuated nothing. The statement means exactly what it says.  If you're interested in the details of HTC's policy contact them directly.

Originally posted by Arlo"...why wouldn't you?"
Why wouldn't I what - update a terrain I've built?  You've jumped to a conclusion here - a wrong one again: I am going to update all of the terrains that I think will be useful in AH2 to the new standard when I have both the AH2TE in my hands and the time to do the work.
Or do you mean why would I not give my permission for someone else to modify my work? (which is still a conclusion wrongly jumped to) Actually, depending on who it is, how it is arranged, and if the intended final results meet with my approval, I have no problem with having someone else modify my work. After the modifications are done, if the actual results closely approximate the intended results I would have no problem having the updated terrain used and the credit given where it is due.
asw

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2003, 02:01:16 AM »
1 - What rights I retain or have transferred to HTC with regard to any terrain I have in circulation in the game is a matter between HTC and myself.

Hmmmmmmm. All terrains submitted and accepted by HTC become the property of HTC by default, don't they? If you've negotiated some sort of personal contract that you're not really at liberty to divulge (although you damned near spilled the beans) then good for you!

2 - I insinuated nothing. The statement means exactly what it says.  If you're interested in the details of HTC's policy contact them directly.

*Shrug* (see above)

Why wouldn't I what - update a terrain I've built?  You've jumped to a conclusion here - a wrong one again: I am going to update all of the terrains that I think will be useful in AH2 to the new standard when I have both the AH2TE in my hands and the time to do the work.

Actually you just did but you go on to stretch and cover two bases at once in a second.

Or do you mean why would I not give my permission for someone else to modify my work? (which is still a conclusion wrongly jumped to) Actually, depending on who it is, how it is arranged, and if the intended final results meet with my approval, I have no problem with having someone else modify my work. After the modifications are done, if the actual results closely approximate the intended results I would have no problem having the updated terrain used and the credit given where it is due.

No ... I said "why WOULDN'T you?" Seems you're even better at this bad conclusion thang than me.

So what you're saying is that you don't intend to make or edit any terrains for AH anymore but are waiting for AHII to make full release and that you won't accept anyone else fixing any technical problems with your terrains unless their quality standards meet you approval and you get proper credit as the original creator of the terrain? :D

Well that's nice. :aok Tell ya what .... I'll just leave you alone about it all and check with others less defensive about the issue all around (I certainly didn't intend to infuriate you over the issue). I know you've invested your time on a voluntary basis for the benefit of the CT and are in semi-retirement and all. I'm sorry to have bothered you specifically about this topic in this thread.  Hopefully someday I'll be able to contribute my own time and retain rights to things used in AH as well. It was rude of me to suggest that those before me (or anyone else) volunteer anymore of their time offering specific advice or hints or even knowledge of mistakes they made. All new terrain makers should have to struggle and teach themselves the finer points over a long period of time. Thanks. :)

Offline detch01

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2003, 09:33:53 AM »
LOL Arlo, np bud. You go ahead on.
asw