Author Topic: Weather Editor  (Read 279 times)

Offline slimm50

• Gold Member
Weather Editor
« on: December 07, 2003, 09:01:53 AM »
I've recently downloaded the Weather Editor, and am trying to use it for the first time. I simply downloaded the zip file and saved it to My Documents. How do I save the edited weather? How do I apply my saved Fronts, for example, to the game for offline play? Is there a help file for this, or a tutorial?

Thanks for your help in this, anyone.

slim03

Offline BenDover

• Platinum Member
Weather Editor
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2003, 09:15:18 AM »
There is a help file which is either on the download page or in the zip file.

Anyway, if remember correctly there's 2 different ways of using it with your map.

If you want it built-in the map, rename it so its the same name as the terrain and place it in the ...\aheditor\terrains\your terrain's name here dirrectory, and build the map.

If you want it tempory for when you host a H2H event, again rename it to the same name as the map BUT this time place it in the ...\Aces High\terrains\ dirrectory and simply host the map.

Offline zmeg

• Silver Member
Weather Editor
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2003, 09:18:36 AM »
If you save the xxx.awa file in the terrain editor in your map folder then build the map the weather will be built in to that map. To use it offline or in h2h put it in the AH terrains folder with the same name as the terrain you will be flying. If that terrain already has weather it will be overidden.

Offline EsmeNhaMaire

• Copper Member
Weather Editor
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2003, 02:15:28 PM »
Uh... does that mean that I can effectively alter the wetaher in a terrain that has already been built (by somebody else) at least for offline play?  I don;t need teh original files used to build the terrain to do that? (I have in mind creating very cloudy weather for some of teh western Europe terrains that are about, if this is possible).

Esme

Offline Bullethead

• Silver Member
      • http://people.delphiforums.com/jtweller
Weather Editor
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2003, 10:46:56 PM »
Originally posted by EsmeNhaMaire
Uh... does that mean that I can effectively alter the wetaher in a terrain that has already been built (by somebody else) at least for offline play?  I don;t need teh original files used to build the terrain to do that? (I have in mind creating very cloudy weather for some of teh western Europe terrains that are about, if this is possible).

When you put the weather file in the AH\terrains folder, it overwrites whatever weather is built into the map.  This gives you the weather you want offline and in H2H when you host the game.  That much is certain.

As for making weather files for maps that you don't have the original files for, that PROBABLY is possible but I've never done it so don't know for sure.  You could probably make it work by knowing the size of the original map and just importing the blank clipboard graphic of that size.