Author Topic: Beta Primer Questions  (Read 213 times)

Offline Bullethead

• Silver Member
      • http://people.delphiforums.com/jtweller
Beta Primer Questions
« on: September 28, 1999, 01:04:00 PM »
RE:  Pyro's Beta Primer post in the NA&I topic

I will try to comply with the intent of this post in not posting about stuff that isn't even supposed to be working yet.  But Pyro's list of such things is so complete that I'm somewhat confused as to what _IS_ fair game for reporting.  I'd appreciate a little clarification on this subject.

As I see it, there are 4 main areas us beta guys can report on:  a) whether AH installs/runs; b) interface stuff; c) online connection stuff; and d) flight and combat modeling.  

From reading Pyro's post, it appears that, at least for the initial beta release, the only one of these categories really open to comment is a), getting AH running on your computer.  It seems the interface, flight model, and combat models are still in work, and that the inital absence of a T1 line makes reports on connectivity issues moot for the time being.  

Is this a correct assessment?

I see that beta updates will be frequent.  As these introduce new features, would it be possible for somebody at HTC to announce which ones they want reports on so we're not left to guess and waste time and space on moot reports?

Just trying to be efficient here.

-Bullethead <CAF>

Offline Firefox

• Zinc Member
Beta Primer Questions
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 1999, 01:27:00 PM »
Excellent breakdown of things to come bullet.  At first in alpha we were given lists of things to check.  After that it was ammended to add the new things.  Soon Im sure they will post things they would like checked.

Just check out whether it would load/run etc etc, and if playablity is good or not.  Im sure there is TONS more work to be done  .

Enjoy

------------------
Rick "Firefox" Scott
VMF-214 / MAG 11
WB ID: firefx
AH ID: Firefox
Have Gun Will Travel