Author Topic: Ah On Bigscreen  (Read 2777 times)

Offline MaddogJoe

• Nickel Member
Ah On Bigscreen
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2003, 06:10:45 AM »
we've been saying that for years !  :D

Offline Happy1

• Nickel Member
Ah On Bigscreen
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2003, 01:07:48 AM »
Greetings DAVENRINO  :) Nice to hear of some1 living in Kailua, Hi
as I used 2b stationed in Kaneohe Bay w/the USMC, & lived w/my girlfriend in Kailua.  Went on quite a few maneuvers on the diffe-
rent islands, Kauai being the prettiest Garden Isle.   Reminiscing
about the wonderful times I've had on ALL the islands  ;)

Cheers,

Happy1  :D

Offline DAVENRINO

• Silver Member
Ah On Bigscreen
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2003, 02:35:39 AM »
Aloha Happy1,
DJ229 aka Dave
DAVE aka DJ229-AIR MAFIA
CH USB HOTAS/ONKYO 705 7.2 SURROUND SOUND/ 60" SONY A3000 SXRD  TV

Offline capt. apathy

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Bandits=danger.wav
Ah On Bigscreen
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2003, 02:46:21 AM »
Kailua rocks,  gotta be the sweatest 'sugar-white' beach I've ever been to.  by far my favorite on Oahu, I could swim with the turtles there every day.

over-all we liked Kauai better,  much more laid-back and not as much of a turist industry feel to it.

I seemed to need to reach for my wallet a lot more often on Oahu.  I'm fairly sure sunburns or pale skin double the price of everything.  

as soon as I work a do-able solution to income over there I'll be your new neigbor.  I'm hoping to work it out soon but if not I can go when I retire in 20 years.

Offline DAVENRINO

• Silver Member
Ah On Bigscreen
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2003, 12:35:25 PM »
Originally posted by capt. apathy
Kailua rocks,  gotta be the sweatest 'sugar-white' beach I've ever been to.  by far my favorite on Oahu, I could swim with the turtles there every day.

Yup,
I am in awe every time I step onto this beach and windsurfing n kiteboarding are awesome here.  I feel vey fortunate to live a short block from this wonder for the last thirteen years.  You are right tho this is the Land OF Open Palms.  I am glad we bought our house 4 years ago cause prices are outrageous in Kailua now.  The price ya pay to live in Paradise. :D

DJ229 - AIR MAFIA
DAVE aka DJ229-AIR MAFIA

Offline WhiteHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Ah On Bigscreen
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2004, 11:10:01 AM »
:(   sometimes its just not right to rub it in.  I live in Misourri.  that sounds like misery and there is a good reason for it.

Offline WhiteHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Ah On Bigscreen
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2004, 11:14:34 AM »
:(

Offline WhiteHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Ah On Bigscreen
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2004, 11:15:20 AM »
:mad:

Offline capt. apathy

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Bandits=danger.wav
Ah On Bigscreen
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2004, 12:59:11 PM »
I lived in missouri for 9 years (and pronounced it missery) it's not hell, but you can see it from there.

actually there was some real nice weather for about 2 weeks in early october every year.  other than that you just had the 4 seasons- too cold, too wet, too hot, too windy.

to be fair though, weather aside, when it comes to getting a good meal at a reasonable price, you got it all over Hawaii.

Offline Bcnu

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.fourthfightergroup.com
Ah On Bigscreen
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2004, 12:51:40 PM »
I have the same Panny but haven't managed to, hmm, convince the household that it should serve not only as home theatre but also flight sim central.

Offline DAVENRINO

• Silver Member
Ah On Bigscreen
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2004, 01:53:20 PM »
Originally posted by Bcnu
I have the same Panny but haven't managed to, hmm, convince the household that it should serve not only as home theatre but also flight sim central.

HeHe,
That's why Santa brought my wife a Rolex at the same time and the Panny went in MY playroom.  Also, another advantage of having dogs instead of kids.

DJ229 - AIR MAFIA:D
DAVE aka DJ229-AIR MAFIA

Offline JAZBO1

• Zinc Member
Ah On Bigscreen
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2004, 01:53:42 PM »
Jeezes Davarino:) what the hell do ya do for a living...gonna havta cut the kids lunch money and wifes in half so I can go get one of those for my brithday:) Happy brithday to me:) olny way I get neat stuff like that
Jazbo

Offline DAVENRINO

• Silver Member
Ah On Bigscreen
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2004, 08:33:33 PM »
LOL,
I am a beach bum.  The money I make  goes a lot further havin dogs instead of kids, also.
DJ229 - AIR MAFIA
DAVE aka DJ229-AIR MAFIA

Offline Makarov9

• Silver Member
      • http://www.332nd.org/
Ah On Bigscreen
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2004, 03:59:53 PM »
DAVENRINO,

We just bought that same model Panny 2 weeks. I love it! I was waiting until Doom 3 or Halflife 2 comes out until I move my PC and hook it up to the 50". Hmm, I may have to move it sooner. :)

I was about to buy the Sony 50" LCD RPTV but there were none in any of the stores I checked. I found the Panny's picture was just as good and the wifey liked the design of it. Glad I got it!

Xbox and DVD's also look good on it.  Now, if only my cable company gets HD in my neighborhood.

Offline DAVENRINO

• Silver Member
Ah On Bigscreen
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2004, 09:53:44 PM »
I actually ordered the Sony form CC as they don't stock much in Hawaii.  I cancelled  when I read bout PC connection problems on the avsforum.  The Panny is the most PC friendly.  I had to order the Panny also for same reason but got better deal from Sears.
DJ229 aka Dave
DAVE aka DJ229-AIR MAFIA