Author Topic: Shameless  (Read 508 times)

Offline Cobra

• Nickel Member
Shameless
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 1999, 11:15:00 PM »
OK...flew for the Knights tonite and had a blast (but being in this sim for me is usually a blast).

I know the Knights sweeped through fields tonight, but the teams were balanced on all 3 sides.  I think the Knight numbers caught the bishops and the rooks off-guard abit, as they were still focused on their usual on-going battles.

Anyway, Dolomite's post got me to thinking about making the numbers more even and it was fun.

Now for the mercy-begging I must do from my friends in the Bishops....pls forgive my excursion to the land of the Knights    

In all seriousness, I really don't know which is better for play-balance..2 or 3 sides..I do know that when all sides are close to even numbers, it can get very interesting.

Offline dolomite

• Zinc Member
Shameless
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 1999, 06:35:00 AM »
cc that, Cobra! It was fun flying on your side, and we did have fun! Wish I could have stayed longer (long work days right now). Took my trusty 109 up for a spin (preparing for the Thursday battle) and with the help of my countrymen I survived a few sorties in it.

See you on the low side tonight!  

Offline Minotaur

• Copper Member
Shameless
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 1999, 09:29:00 AM »
Yes, Yes, Yes...

The lowly Knits are starting to get annoying.  

<Salute>

Merry Christmas!

Mino

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
Shameless
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 1999, 04:24:00 PM »
I Wouldn't go say as knit that they are "outnumbered", it depends alot!
usually knights captures couple fields for free before bishcuits/rooks even notices them...
After that fight turns into 2 countries vs. 1 country, where main battle usually goes between bishcuits and rooks, where knits just haves fun in the background with minimal resistance..

I Have many times seen numbers like 25 bishcuits and rooks, plus 10 knights.
Main battle somewhere between bishcuit/rook front and "outnumbered" knights having maybe 2-3 rooks trying to defend one field from 10 knights who all are around it.
Call that being 'outnumbered', hah!

-kier-

Shameless
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 1999, 10:36:00 PM »
The call is for even numbers, not country against country.  

I was on Knights one night when you came over to "help". As I recall you basically came over and just harangued everyone on the radio then left. I don't know what you see during the hours you fly, but I've yet to ever see the Knights outnumber either side (during the hours I fly).

You obviously have a problem with Knights in particular. You posted a few days ago in a similar thread, but pretty much accused both sides (Bishop/Knight) of an alliance. Whether or not it existed makes no difference. The original post is about avoiding that situation regardless of country.

[This message has been edited by -kier- (edited 12-22-1999).]